Jamie Foxx Apologizes to Miley Cyrus after Crude Radio Rant

Victory2004

Proud Member
Jamie Foxx Apologized to Miley Tonight

Today 9:24 PM PDT by Natalie Finn
AP Photo/Evan Agostini

About that whole "make a sex tape" thing...

Jamie Foxx, knowing he was fighting a losing battle in the court of public opinion, apologized on camera to Miley Cyrus tonight for some random off-color remarks he made about the teen queen on his satellite radio show over the weekend.

"Did you say something inappropriate?" Jay Leno innocently queried of the Oscar winner on Tuesday's Tonight Show.

"Yeah," Foxx admitted, taking a few breaths before launching into a full-blown apology.

"I so apologize to [Cyrus], and this is sincere," he began. "I am a comedian, and you guys know that whatever I say, I don't mean any of it. [Big laugh from the audience]. And sometimes, as comedians, as we do, we go a little bit too far.

"I have a radio show...We're really the black Howard Stern. We go at everybody. There was a situation with Miley Cyrus, and I just want to say, I apologize for what I said. I didn't mean it maliciously. You know I'm a comedian. You know my heart," he added, turning to Leno.

Then, looking at the camera, "Miley, I apologize, so I'll call you. I got a daughter too, so I completely understand."

He didn't address the matter right away, although we suspected the mea culpa was coming after Leno, in introducing The Soloist star, said that Foxx "does one of the best portrayals of mental illness in this movie I have ever seen—I don't mean that in a bad way!"

Added band leader Kevin Eubanks: "Jamie's catchin' it these days! Jamie can't do nothing right these days."
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b118751_ja...ey_tonight.html
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b118751_jamie_foxx_apologized_miley_tonight.html

Last edited:
I thought it was disgusting what jamie foxx said bout miley cyrus...she did not deserve that at all
But im glad he has apologised to her.

i wouldn't have known cus i have no satellite radio, but you can tell that he's having a hard time with that apology. but it looks sincere, cus it's true..he would have a harrd time in the court of public opinion if he didn't.

I know it was in bad taste...but I still couldn't help but laugh :p and she did kinda bring it on herself with the remarks bout radio head. Maybe he just thought she needed bringing down a peg or 2!

First of all what did he say ? (the video isnt working)
And second,I love Miley she is amazing.
She has great talent and as an added bonus,she is a big Michael fan.

Here's an article I found...

Jamie Foxx Disses Miley Cyrus
By Michelle Tan
Originally posted Tuesday April 14, 2009 09:30 AM EDT
Miley Cyrus and Jamie Foxx
Photo by: Flynet; Brendan Hoffman / Getty

Oh. Snap. Jamie Foxx had some choice words for Miley Cyrus on his weekend Sirius radio show The Foxxhole.

When the on-air conversation veered toward the 16-year-old pop star, Foxx, 41, asked: "Who is Miley Cyrus?"

As someone explained Cyrus is the star of the popular Hannah Montana franchise, Foxx quipped, "The one with all the gums? She's got to get a gum transplant!"

That's not the only piece of advice the Oscar winner handed down to the Disney powerhouse. Foxx also suggested that Cyrus "make a sex tape and grow up. Get like Britney Spears and do some heroin. Do like Lindsay Lohan … and get some crack in your pipe … That's what I want."

A rep for Foxx had no comment and a rep for Cyrus did not respond to requests for comment.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20272211,00.html

I know it was in bad taste...but I still couldn't help but laugh :p and she did kinda bring it on herself with the remarks bout radio head. Maybe he just thought she needed bringing down a peg or 2!
Maybe so but you don't need to go that far so try being a little considerate. If someone clowned on jamie's daughter like that who happens to be the same age as miley do you think he's gonna be laughing?

Back