James Browns wish for Michael to do: Fix the music

cgrimberg

Proud Member
James wish before he passed away was that Michael should fix todays music... then Michael teamed up with Will.i.am and Akon ...young hot artist of today .. and my question is ..

Will u guys follow theese artist work ?

I love Akons music and I think he is very talanted. He changed a LOT after working with Michael Jackson. his tunes are different which is only positive. And for Will.i.am , omg hes extremly talented .. I love his work and will continue follow his work.

will i am is extremly talented, for many reasons just look at his music, forget about boom boom pow, that was just an easy way to the top of the charts, but he sure has many great records. And his productions tracks are amazing too. I love his work with Sergio Mendes, Brazil bossa nova legend.

will i am is extremly talented, for many reasons just look at his music, forget about boom boom pow, that was just an easy way to the top of the charts, but he sure has many great records. And his productions tracks are amazing too. I love his work with Sergio Mendes, Brazil bossa nova legend.

I agree with you. Just listen to the songs on the album "Songs about girls". I really love that album, great tunes. Yeah what he does in Black eyed peas is not the same he does as an solo artist. his great ! I really wanna hear the music Michael and him created. And I love he has so much respect for Michael. (Check out my appreciation thread for will.i.am on this board).

In Michael's Access Hollywood interview when asked why he chose to work with Will, didn't he say something along the lines of... "because he's so talented...The Black Eyed Peas are doing very well today.." so there you go. Michael must've thought they were good! So what we think doesn't matter(?)

I still do not and will never understand why he chose to work with Akon, though... He's annoying. lol

I have a feeling that some of the artists that Michael worked with as of late have changed due to his influence. Both because they have experienced the man- and worked with him. But also because they have experienced the way he was treated by the music industry, by the press etc... And then they experience his death. And everything tat has happened since that. I remember the video Will posted, speaking with tears in his eyes about Michael calling him on fathers day, knowing Will did not have a father. That kind of consiederation and thoughtfulness is going to affect someone a great deal. Michael was special also because he had seen all the greats, learned the craft in a very different way and in a very different world then today. And I think that people that worked with him realised how disiplined, hard working and what a standard of work ethic Michael had. This is what I think will affect them in the furure. As Michael said: if you want to become great- study the greatest- and be better.

I have always followed these two and will continue to. I think they're amazing artists.

What some folks don't understand is that you have to join mainstream music before you can break away and start doing your own thing.

You follow the rules until you reach the level when you can start making the rules.

Even Michael's career started off with him doing mainstream music. It got to the point where he got frustrated that he couldn't do his own style.

If Michael had tried to start off on the scene with some of his later and more personal works I can guarantee you this forum would not be in existence because he wouldn't have become the "Michael Jackson" we know and love.

I have always followed these two and will continue to. I think they're amazing artists.

What some folks don't understand is that you have to join mainstream music before you can break away and start doing your own thing.

You follow the rules until you reach the level when you can start making the rules.

Even Michael's career started off with him doing mainstream music. It got to the point where he got frustrated that he couldn't do his own style.

If Michael had tried to start off on the scene with some of his later and more personal works I can guarantee you this forum would not be in existence because he wouldn't have become the "Michael Jackson" we know and love.

And that's the sad truth.

That's quite a request, Fix the music. With no disrespect to James Brown, Michael was supposed to change peoples opinion? How can Michael 'fix the music', everybody has different opinions and nobody likes exactly the same thing. So to 'fix the music' Michael would have had to basically remove all the artists James Brown didn't like from the industry. Or am I missing something?

That's quite a request, Fix the music. With no disrespect to James Brown, Michael was supposed to change peoples opinion? How can Michael 'fix the music', everybody has different opinions and nobody likes exactly the same thing. So to 'fix the music' Michael would have had to basically remove all the artists James Brown didn't like from the industry. Or am I missing something?

I think by "fix the music" he meant restore the goodness in it. So much of what we hear today is "garbage" with a good beat. By garbage I mean it's negative... there's anger, conflict, carelessness, disrespect, violence, sexism, racism and all kinds of other junk being put out in the songs of today. I'm not saying everyone is doing this and I'm not saying all songs should preach something... only that I think many artists have lost sight of the beauty and good in life. This world needs to change...and music is so powerful to people. Change the music, and you help to change the world.

well to be honest....I am not really a fan of these fellows, however I would Love to hear the stuff Michael worked of with them.

i don't know why he wanted to work with them.. he was perfect all by himself! i find akon particularly annoying.. ugh the pitch of his voice really grates on me.

Probably Will.i.am and Michael TOGETHER were talented but I wouldnt call Will.i.am alone talented. He lacks all the knowledge about the melodies and harmonies. He has ideas that would be great with the melody and the harmony but if he was really talented he wouldnt put out stuff he has put.

I think by "fix the music" he meant restore the goodness in it. So much of what we hear today is "garbage" with a good beat. By garbage I mean it's negative... there's anger, conflict, carelessness, disrespect, violence, sexism, racism and all kinds of other junk being put out in the songs of today. I'm not saying everyone is doing this and I'm not saying all songs should preach something... only that I think many artists have lost sight of the beauty and good in life. This world needs to change...and music is so powerful to people. Change the music, and you help to change the world.

Yeah that makes sense.

I hope we get to hear the music they made together.

I like both of those guys, at least what I've heard of Akon on the radio lately I've enjoyed. And I've always liked the BEP, including Will. Maybe they don't have the "genius" Michael did, but who does? I know musical taste is subjective, but I enjoy them, among others. Everybody has their own talents.

:no: Nope!:no:

I don't like all new R&B singers I am old school R&B and Pop fan.

I think its unfare for people to compair the greates entertainer ever lived, Michael Jackson to artists of today who is succesful. Michael is on his own level. He is the Music. He is a god and I really mean that.

People like Will.i.am is making their own music in their own styles, of course its not as good as Michaels music and magic. Dont compair, its great in its own style.

Will.i.am´s beats are great imo.

And that song My humps... :smilerolleyes:

It's such nonsense that MJ isn't here!!

I take it you've never heard The Last Poets from the late 1960s. :p

I have a feeling that some of the artists that Michael worked with as of late have changed due to his influence. Both because they have experienced the man- and worked with him. But also because they have experienced the way he was treated by the music industry, by the press etc... And then they experience his death. And everything tat has happened since that. I remember the video Will posted, speaking with tears in his eyes about Michael calling him on fathers day, knowing Will did not have a father. That kind of consiederation and thoughtfulness is going to affect someone a great deal. Michael was special also because he had seen all the greats, learned the craft in a very different way and in a very different world then today. And I think that people that worked with him realised how disiplined, hard working and what a standard of work ethic Michael had. This is what I think will affect them in the furure. As Michael said: if you want to become great- study the greatest- and be better.

I totally agree, how could they not.

Back