James Brown movie happening and LOVELY words about mj from Wesley Snipes

michael4eva

Proud Member
I am so glad this is happening because more people need to realise how much of a genius james brown was and how important he is in music history.Like ray, I hope this will be a success commercially and be a lasting tribute to james brown.Spike Lee should do him very very proud.

And beautiful words about mj I think....

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/b...james-brown-14830008.html?r=RSS#ixzz0pskpaS8W

JB movie finally coming.....

Wesley Snipes has been given the seal of approval by James Brown's daughters to play their father in a biopic.

The Blade star is being lined up as the Godfather Of Soul in a new film about his life directed by Spike Lee.

Wesley told FHM magazine: "It's still in the works, we are putting the money together, I have met with his daughters and gotten their blessings."

He added: "It will take me a year, I imagine. Right before the world ends in 2012 I will give you James Brown."

Wesley, 47, who next appears in gritty cop movie Brooklyn's Finest alongside Ethan Hawke, Don Cheadle and Richard Gere, revealed music was a big influence on him growing up.

He said: "When I grew up, I started as a dancer and a singer and the two most influential people in my life were Michael Jackson and James Brown. Every day we listened to Michael Jackson and James Brown in my house. So now, with my kids, every day we hear a little bit of James Brown, a little bit of Michael Jackson."

Asked about the King Of Pop's death, he replied: "It's a great loss for us and I just hope and pray that the creator, whatever you believe in, still holds us in favour to send us another angel like that. Because if not, we may have lost more than just a man.

"It must be something very special to send a man like that down. He influenced so many different people, so many different industries, politics, science, music, art... and then to be taken away? Maybe we didn't take good care of him."

Hopefully a respected director with a good film script could do a worthy biography on mj's life but in all honesty it doesn't need to be done.There have been tragic attempts and I can't see a film like Ray being made for mj.But with Ray and James Brown, their legacy's are being somewhat forgotten and they remind people of their genius...Not really going to be the same with mj

The film sounds fantastic, will definitely want to watch that when it's completed.

Beautiful about Michael as well, I feel the same. :(

"It must be something very special to send a man like that down. He influenced so many different people, so many different industries, politics, science, music, art... and then to be taken away? Maybe we didn't take good care of him."

:wub: :heart:

Asked about the King Of Pop's death, he replied: "It's a great loss for us and I just hope and pray that the creator, whatever you believe in, still holds us in favour to send us another angel like that. Because if not, we may have lost more than just a man.

So right, love WS, hes a great actor !!

I would love to see this movie! And Wesley speaks true words! :wub:

I loved this:

He said: "When I grew up, I started as a dancer and a singer and the two most influential people in my life were Michael Jackson and James Brown. Every day we listened to Michael Jackson and James Brown in my house. So now, with my kids, every day we hear a little bit of James Brown, a little bit of Michael Jackson."
:wub:

I absolutely LOVE what Wesley said about Michael. I read that earlier on a different website but there was no source provided so I couldn't post it here. But I love what he said and everything he said is true. That was such a sweet and lovely thing to say.

I love when I read things like this. Makes me so happy. :)

Such beautiful words about Michael. It really freaks me out in a way when I really think about it about just how special Michael was and how much he influenced everything. He really was an angel sent to us. Lets pray he's been taken better care of than he was here.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/b...james-brown-14830008.html?r=RSS#ixzz0pskpaS8W

Wesley, 47, who next appears in gritty cop movie Brooklyn's Finest alongside Ethan Hawke, Don Cheadle and Richard Gere, revealed music was a big influence on him growing up.

I agree with everything but, was is underlined. The world at large did not absolutely not take good care of him.

wow beautiful words! thanks for sharing!
I would like to see that movie.

Hm. James Brown was admired more than any performer by MJ. He sang and danced extremely well. I can't imagine anyone playing him more than anyone playing Michael.

BUT anything that spreads The Knowledge is good. I met a young kid last year and asked him how he knew about Michael. Youtube. Well, I said, do you know who James Brown and Jackie Wilson are. Yes, because of Michael. OK, all good!

Who will take on this tradition?

Mj was the last in the line of many things..I know you can't really ever say the last ever but in all honestly mj was the last superstar and the last great song and dance man..He met with many greats before him like James Brown, Jackie Wilson , Nicholas Brothers..Practically everyone...But now that link is broken because an heir was never found in mj's time.The only one who got respect love and knowledge from jb n mj is usher.And whilst he is v good he i not great..So the line is broken sadly, but it was a line that ended with mj so it was quite fitting i guess.

Mj was the last in the line of many things..I know you can't really ever say the last ever but in all honestly mj was the last superstar and the last great song and dance man..He met with many greats before him like James Brown, Jackie Wilson , Nicholas Brothers..Practically everyone...But now that link is broken because an heir was never found in mj's time.The only one who got respect love and knowledge from jb n mj is usher.And whilst he is v good he i not great..So the line is broken sadly, but it was a line that ended with mj so it was quite fitting i guess.[/QUOT

You just said a mouthful. The intelligent, hardworking talented heir of an extremely important dance tradition. Sammy Davis Jr. It includes Fred Astaire also, and he was always watchful of Baryshnikov.

Astaire considered him his only heir. I'm sure JB felt the same. We can only hope someone will watch these films and take an interest. It's not the same as growing up with these people in performance, literally from the wings, but it will have to do.

normally when someone picks a year for the world to end, i scoff at them. but considering all the events of the past year, and Wesley's words about Michael...i'm more apt not to scoff so much at the prediction. how does the world mistreat MJ, and he dies, and this world is really expected to last much longer?

It must be something very special to send a man like that down. He influenced so many different people, so many different industries, politics, science, music, art... and then to be taken away? Maybe we didn't take good care of him."

Could you say that a little louder Wesley?.......true words!:yes:

normally when someone picks a year for the world to end, i scoff at them. but considering all the events of the past year, and Wesley's words about Michael...i'm more apt not to scoff so much at the prediction. how does the world mistreat MJ, and he dies, and this world is really expected to last much longer?

So true!

Quote by: Wesley Snipes
Asked about the King Of Pop's death, he replied:
"It's a great loss for us and I just hope and pray
that the creator, whatever you believe in, still holds
us in favour to send us another angel like that.
Because if not, we may have lost more than just a man.

"It must be something very special to send a man
like that down. He influenced so many different
people, so many different industries, politics,
science, music, art... and then to be taken away?

Maybe we didn't take good care of him."
:angel: God Help Us!!!!

:angel::heart:

Im really looking forward to seeing James Brown in the cinema. Cant wait to see "Mr Please Please Please" being praised as he deserves!

Lovely words about Mike. Wesley is a good man :)

Don't know if you all saw this from an old thread I posted -

Click onto media bar for comments about Michael Jackson’s talent and work ethic from actor Wesley Snipes.

var so = new SWFObject("http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/wp-content/plugins/wordtube/mediaplayer.swf", "2904", "320", "20", "7", "#FFFFFF"); so.addVariable("file", "http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hollywoodoutbreak.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fwesley-snipes-michael-jackson.mp3"); so.addVariable("image", ""); so.addVariable("id", "2904"); so.addVariable("width", "320"); so.addVariable("height", "20"); so.addVariable("overstretch", "true"); so.addVariable("showdigits", "true"); so.addVariable("showfsbutton", "true"); so.addVariable("backcolor", "0x000000"); so.addVariable("frontcolor", "0xFFFFFF"); so.addVariable("lightcolor", "0xFFFFFF"); so.addVariable("volume", "80"); so.addVariable("bufferlength", "5"); so.addVariable("fullscreenpage", "http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/wp-content/plugins/wordtube/fullscreen.html"); so.addVariable("fsreturnpage", "http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/2010/02/23/the-%E2%80%9Cbad%E2%80%9D-and-the-beautiful-sides-michael-jackson/comment-page-1/"); so.addParam("allowfullscreen", "true"); so.addVariable("callback", "http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/wp-content/plugins/wordtube/wordtube-statistics.php"); so.write("WT380");

var so = new SWFObject("http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/wp-content/plugins/wordtube/mediaplayer.swf", "2903", "320", "20", "7", "#FFFFFF"); so.addVariable("file", "http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hollywoodoutbreak.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fwelsey-snipes-memores-of-shooting-bad-video-with-michael-jakson.mp3"); so.addVariable("image", ""); so.addVariable("id", "2903"); so.addVariable("width", "320"); so.addVariable("height", "20"); so.addVariable("overstretch", "true"); so.addVariable("showdigits", "true"); so.addVariable("showfsbutton", "true"); so.addVariable("backcolor", "0x000000"); so.addVariable("frontcolor", "0xFFFFFF"); so.addVariable("lightcolor", "0xFFFFFF"); so.addVariable("volume", "80"); so.addVariable("bufferlength", "5"); so.addVariable("fullscreenpage", "http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/wp-content/plugins/wordtube/fullscreen.html"); so.addVariable("fsreturnpage", "http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/2010/02/23/the-%E2%80%9Cbad%E2%80%9D-and-the-beautiful-sides-michael-jackson/comment-page-1/"); so.addParam("allowfullscreen", "true"); so.addVariable("callback", "http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/wp-content/plugins/wordtube/wordtube-statistics.php"); so.write("WT431");

I hope the audio works for everyone.

If needed this is the transcript of Wesley Snipes' comments -

Quote:
I think he was an angel that was sent to us, and I think that we might have to reflect on how well we took care of him. People like to say ‘oh people around him were bad and they didn’t do right by him’ but I think it’s a collective too because I don’t know the last time and I can’t remember any other artist that attracted that much energy and projected that much power. That was that creative, and affected so many people...was such a diplomat for America and a champion for the American culture and African-American people, worldwide. You know, people wanted to move to America because of Michael Jackson, industry changed, music industry changed because of Michael Jackson, that’s a gift to us and you know I’m concerned that the good Lord may not send another one because maybe we didn’t take good care of him. That’s just me.

The amazing thing, I was only meant to be on the film, the project for three days and it turned out to be like 3 and a half weeks almost a month of filming and the thing I took from it the most was watching Michael Jackson perform at performance level in his rehearsals. I said ‘wow that’s the consummate artist right there, that’s the pinnacle of where I would like to go and the kind of skills I would like to have as an artist that I can come and my rehearsals are performances. You know. So, I took that from him and that’s what I’ve been trying, to be consistent with in my work as well.

Back