James Brown and Pavarotti!

emmy18

Proud Member
i am in love with this video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8vZmWQPgwA&feature=related

i think i have watched this 20 times in the last 3 days lol
just thought id share it with everyone dont u think its brilliant?
i have MJ to thank for this. Every since i became a fan of MJ ive been discovering more incredible parts of the music culture. Ive always been in love with old music but Michaels introduced me to so much more!!!
Has anyone else had this experience from Michael?

btw, does anyone know what year this happened?

Last edited:
Great combination and coming together of two styles of music..But james brown was an amazing collaborator on stage..He could make the worst personlook good..So easy to work with on stage..Underated as someone to sing a song with on stage...Look at his duets, Pavarotti, Will Young, Lennie Kravitz...He takes them all to another level

This was wonderfully arranged and brings out the best in both..The moments Pavarotti choses to sing and then it is complemented by a grunt or jungle noise of jb...Works perfectly..I would love to of known how this version was created and how in control james brown was...He probably organised it all s it was his song..But he had an amazing mind for how to change up his song and make it fresh..Different tempo or arrangement...Just made it look so easy and that is why you get this perfect collaboration because if you listen to what jb had in his head..with his song it would always be the right thing.

I love the end bit the best...Such power and really takes the soong to another level..Esp when pav hits the high notes and then james brown comes back in and says hey then the music ends suddenly..Amazing descisions made in that song between the two

But those who know about classical music know about the genius of jb's arrangements...So many layers and so innoative..An utter genius like mozart or Braum.Just listen to this

http://americanpublicmedia.publicradio.org/programs/mtt_files/mtt_07.shtml

I can't believe they're are bot dead :(
All legends are dead.. The real music is dead today.. We don't really have legends like pavarotti, james brown, MJ etc..

Wow amazing piece of music by two legends! gives me chills every time I hear it.. this is real music not like the shit we have today. so sad that all the music legends are not with us anymore.

The real music is dead today.. We don't really have legends like pavarotti, james brown, MJ etc..

Sad but true. :(

I know. I wish I lived in the generation were music were real and fantastic. Everything about music is only about sex, drug, money and chicks like they call them than ladys.

If some of your wants to be a famous singer one day. Please bring the real music back for us :(

I know. I wish I lived in the generation were music were real and fantastic. Everything about music is only about sex, drug, money and chicks like they call them than ladys.

If some of your wants to be a famous singer one day. Please bring the real music back for us :(

awww I totally understand you but you should be proud of yourself for appreciating real music. :clapping: ;)

I can't believe they're are bot dead :(
All legends are dead.. The real music is dead today.. We don't really have legends like pavarotti, james brown, MJ etc..
B.B. King, Bobby Bland, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Aretha Franklin, Smokey Robinson, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Carole King, Diane Warren, Stevie Wonder, Bill Withers, Carlos Santana, Sly Stone, & many others are still alive.

i know its sad :(
i agree i wish i was born wayyyyyyyy earlier then i was music back then was made for the sake of entertainment not money :(
what i would give to see mj, james brown, pavarotti, the beatles and elvis in concert !!! :(

Back