Jam in This Is It

Arklove

Proud Member
Country
Canada
I don't know about music AT ALL...but I just love the new arrangement (i guess you would call it that)...for Jam in TII..It's like there was different instrumentation in it..It's really funky and just gets to me..."It's funk-ier"...as how Michael would have described it...:yes: Does anyone else love it too??

Yeah I LOVED the way Jam sounded!
it sounded so FRESH
and I loved the BRRRRRR sounds... not sure how to explain them, but really deep buzzing amazing noise :p it sounded GREAT in the cinema!
man I miss seeing MJ on the big screen almost every night :-(

it sounded so FRESH
and I loved the BRRRRRR sounds... not sure how to explain them, but really deep buzzing amazing noise :p it sounded GREAT in the cinema!

YES!!! A buzzing sound!! That's exactly what I hear! You're awesome! :lmao: But, seriously, I love it! And, ya, I miss him in the big screen too...That was incredible!

Yes, it was the best Jam live ever :D Just loved it so much :)
And I miss him SO DARN MUCH :'(

Jam's new arrangement is amazing, it gets me hyped up a bit
I like the moment when Mike gives a wave of the hand and the bass sound goes down :D

I love the new arrangement of Jam aswell, thought I was the only one! I keep listening to it over and over, just a shame it's not the full song like from the Dangerous tour.

I love the new arrangement of Jam aswell, thought I was the only one! I keep listening to it over and over, just a shame it's not the full song like from the Dangerous tour.

ya, IKR? I want like, an audio of that arrangement....It's so cool! Not like the original version wasn't cool either, but this is newer...The only thing I didn't like about Jam in TII was that I found the "JAM!!" wasn't exciting enough...maybe it was only because it was rehearsal...

yep, i lovd how jam was too. the keyboard and the bass in the song took over. It def was one of the best live version of Jam that I've heard

it sounded so FRESH

It's a guitar with distortion and effect, and yes it SOUNDS AMAZING. I really wish I had an AMP that could make that sound :)

Yeah i loved the TII version and its one of my favourite MJ songs. I love it!
I wish they'd show more versions of his rehearsing it. Has anyone asked Kenny on twitter where all the extra footage has gone from the dvd/blu ray?

Before seeing TII at the cinema, I was very unenthusiastic about seeing Jam again - not because I dislike the song (I don't, honestly), but because it was done so brilliantly for the Dangerous Tour, and I guess I was hoping for something completely different (Vince era? lol) in TII.

HOWEVER, as soon as I heard the intro in the background while they were testing the Toaster, I knew I was in for a treat - the new arrangement is A-MAZING! A real funky surprise, with a hint of APOM in the mid-section - LOVED IT, and would love it on CD too.

The same is true of how they revolutionised Thriller by beginning with the rap, adding the "rare" additional verse & seguing into Ghosts/Threatened - FAN-blooming-TASTIC :-D

finally some people who like this version of jam the most!! That sound everybody is talking about is what makes that version the best ever in terms of music...it really makes you addicted.

Jam on This Is It was awesome.

Was anyone else surprised that Mike was gonna perform Jam? For some reason i just didn't expect him to include it in the set list

I don't know about music AT ALL...but I just love the new arrangement (i guess you would call it that)...for Jam in TII..It's like there was different instrumentation in it..It's really funky and just gets to me..."It's funk-ier"...as how Michael would have described it...:yes: Does anyone else love it too??

you do know about music ,:yes: cos you felt the funk .:punk::D

I loooove Jam on This is it...when I first got This is it I repeated Jam all the time...the new arrangement is funkyyy... :)

oh yeah, the arrangement of Jam in TII is funkier! I expecially love the part when the music cuts out and MJ sings a verse acapella!

When I first heard it I was like "WOW" hope we get an album with all the songs soon.

It was the funky percussive guitar that made it sound awesome. Plus the low toned synths.

AMAZING

OMG - I absolutely love Jam in TII. The trumpets have been replaced by a guitar lick and the loud distorted bass! Made it sound more current! Just love it!!

Anyone have the audio of this that can be downloaded? I would love this on my iPod!

Jam on This Is It was awesome.

Was anyone else surprised that Mike was gonna perform Jam? For some reason i just didn't expect him to include it in the set list

Yeah I am, but really happy about it, I had a feeling Wanna Be Startin Somethin was going to be the opener anyway, but then I expected maybe a slower song after, for Michael to then go straight into Jam, Drill an They Dont Care About Us, lol, it was as if, like Kenny said, he thought the world was going to see a Michael they were not prepared for - I think the opening 15-20 of the show expecially would have made people think, Wow, he still has it, lol, so I think Jam is on the set list for that factor, the whole very energetic opening.

And I love the grunting beat in the This Is It Jam, heavy long baseline, love it, lol

Back