Jackson's London tour to build funds for his kids

mj-mylove

Proud Member
London (ANI): Michael Jackson decided to step out for his London tour after a 13-year gap
to set up a trust fund for his kids, according to the organiser of his forthcoming gigs.

The King of Pop, who last toured in 1996, was due to kick start his much-awaited 50-show run at the 20,000-capacity O2 Arena on July 8. But the opening night of his This Is It tour was pushed to July 13, while three other gigs, previously slated for July 10, 12 and 14, will not be staged until March next year.

The delay sparked speculations, with some suggesting the singer is at the verge of financial ruin. But Randy Phillips, president of promoters AEG Live, insisted Jackson's three children, Prince, 12, Paris, 11 and Prince Michael Jackson II, also known as Blanket, six, are his muses for the comeback.

"When I asked him why he was doing this tour now, he said it was because his kids are old enough to appreciate it and he still felt young enough to do it,” the Daily Express quoted him Phillips as saying. “He's told me that whatever profit he makes from these shows will go into a trust fund for his children," he added.

Re: Jackson's London tour to build funds for his children

London (ANI): Randy Phillips, president of promoters AEG Live, insisted Jackson's three children, Prince, 12, Paris, 11 and Prince Michael Jackson II, also known as Blanket, six, are his muses for the comeback.

"When I asked him why he was doing this tour now, he said it was because his kids are old enough to appreciate it and he still felt young enough to do it,” the Daily Express quoted him Phillips as saying. “He's told me that whatever profit he makes from these shows will go into a trust fund for his children," he added.

beautiful
i love you michael :yes:

thanx you mjisback for posting also :D.

The closer the dates are the more rubish and nonsense articles are out there... I dont mean this, that would be quite good idea..., but the rest....

Sweet. Probably not the whole truth, but I do believe he's doing this for his kids so they can see him! He's such an awesome father.

I had posted this a while ago on another board when the topic of whether MJ would ever tour again came up that IF he were to perform one more time (in a tour-like setting or the way the London shows are done), I felt it would be a good thing for him to do strictly for his kids if for no other reason. It's a chance for them to see what their father does and why people react to him the way they don't react to other ppl's dads; for them to understand and maybe appreciate why he's special to so many other people around the globe even tho they see him as just their father. Very very cool that this is precisely the reason he feels inspired to perform. The trust fund is just a bonus, if that bit of the article is true.

Thanks for posting. :flowers:

there he goes again, thinking about someone other than himself. and proving he doesn't need the money. such a rare rare individual.

im pretty sure mike already has some sort of fund for them,he doesnt need 2 do shows 2 start a trust fund, he could of easily done that with his own money he already has lol,but its very sweet.

So what's wrong with that? They try to make it sound like a bad thing.

Back