Jackson's Former Publicist Dismisses Family Intervention Reports

qbee

Proud Member
This was article was originally posted in 2009 but is still relevant to what is being
stated recently by The jackson family about their supposed interventions

MICHAEL JACKSON's former publicist RAYMONE BAIN has broken her silence
to dismiss reports Janet Jackson and her siblings were planning an intervention
to urge the King of Pop to seek help for his drug use.

New rumours suggest the Rhythm Nation singer led a family initiative to help her
troubled brother in 2007 and again earlier this year (09) - but their efforts failed
because the pop superstar refused to see them, and locked them out of his home.

But Bain, who has been Jackson's personal publicist for many years, insists the
story is "not true". She also refutes claims that her former boss stopped taking
calls from his mother when she grew increasingly concerned about his drug use.

Bain tells U.S. news show Access Hollywood, "I don't know of a time when
Michael Jackson did not have access to his mother under my watch."

And the publicist insists the King of Pop was "healthy" and "not abusing drugs"
during the years she was his mouthpiece.

She says, "I'm not gonna hear it."

Source
http://im4mj.blogspot.com/2011/02/jacksons-former-publicist-dismisses.html

And to back Raymone Bain's statement
I will add what the Jacksons themselves stated.
I also have a copy of the actual letter but need to search for it.

The letter undersigned Jacksons Katherine, Tito, Jackie, Marlon and Jermaine says
that reports about Michael's fight against his addiction to pills and booze are unfounded.

"We categorically deny ever planning, participating in or having knowledge of any
kind of intervention, whatsoever. We strongly believe that these 'sources' and
others, no matter who they are, are making these defamatory, inaccurate, and
untrue claims for monetary reasons.

"It is time for these unfair and hurtful rumors, for profit, to end."

Jackson Family deny Michael's drug dependency
http://www.entertainmentafrica.mobi/music/view/news/10916

Members of the Jackson family are coming to Michael's defense, saying media reports about
his alleged dependency on painkillers and alcohol are not true. In an open letter, Jackson's
mother, sisters and brothers say news organizations "have quoted 'sources' indicating that
our family has attempted a drug intervention and engaged in an effort to take over his business
affairs, because of this alleged drug and alcohol usage.

We categorically deny ever planning, participating in or having knowledge of any kind of
intervention whatsoever." The family members add that they and Michael have experienced
years of false accusations and misrepresentations. ...
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1569455/kelly-clarkson-justin-timberlake-sing-on-oprah.jhtml

Michael Jackson's family brands drug addiction battle claims 'bogus'
http://www.sawfnews.com/Gossip/42062.aspx

Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 (EST)
Washington, September 11 (ANI): Pop singer Michael Jackson's mother and four
brothers have written an open letter to the media, criticizing reports claiming that the
former 'King of pop' is battling drug addiction. The letter undersigned Jacksons Katherine,
Tito, Jackie, Marlon and Jermaine says that reports about Michael's fight against his addiction
to pills and booze are unfounded. It also urges the press never to cite bogus sources that
have fed false and malicious information about the Gloved One's supposed drug dependency.

"Of these widely reported rumors, what has become the most troubling and heinous is that
my son, and our brother, Michael Jackson, is dependent on painkillers and alcohol," it added.

The Jackson family has also denied that they have either attempted intervention
or ever "engaged in an effort to take over his business affairs" because of the 'Beat it' star's
purported personal demons. "We categorically deny ever planning, participating in or having
knowledge of any kind of intervention, whatsoever. We strongly believe that these 'sources'
and others, no matter who they are, are making these defamatory, inaccurate, and untrue
claims for monetary reasons," they write in the letter. "It is time for these unfair and hurtful
rumors, for profit, to end," they said.

Last edited:
Yes but it is addressing what is still going on as far as the Jackson contiuing on national
TV to state they were having interventions, They themelves denied it and wrote a signed
letter denying having ANY interventions. I dont understand how this helps them or Michael
in any way to make these bogus statements. When did these take place so far NOT in
2006, 2007. 2008 or 2009. So when _ ???

Last edited:
The Jacksons are in this for money, so is his former publicist... all the same trash to me. I really don't care what they all are saying.

It hurts to think that MJ was all alone and could trust no one.

It certainly does :(
Even my family, who are not that much into MJ as I am, said exactly the same as they heard the claims during the preliminary hearing. "It's so clear he was left all alone, that not even his family was around to help him".

It's so easy to see. And so painful to know. Just think of him... :(

Same goes for me, I never trusted anyone, not even my family, the only person I can trust is my neighbour. The reports about the Jackson Family giving Michael an intervention is just getting old real fast and I don't wanna hear about it again.

Ex Manager Dieter Weisner said that one brother talked to him on the phone and asked him about drugs telling him they the brothers want to meet MJ but then nothing happened.

also listen to Christian Audigier, he say MJ is not addicted to aything , but MJ's mannarism are different from the normal people,,,and that he[C.A] can tell if a person is an addict or not !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9e8H9SvDms&feature=related

Last edited:
Yes but it is addressing what is still going on as far as the Jackson contiuing on national
TV to state they were having interventions, They themelves denied it and wrote a signed
letter denying having ANY interventions. I dont understand how this helps them or Michael
in any way to make these bogus statements. When did these take place so far NOT in
2006, 2007. 2008 or 2009. So when _ ???
I agree..THIS is what should be being passed around about Michael...NOT that he was a drug addict...WHY...would Raymone lie?.....he has nothing to gain by it. Thank you Qbee.

Michael was simply hung out to dry by everyone. Than god he had his beautiful children, the people that loved him for him.

Ohood - thanks for the postings.

It might be helpful to some members if you provided some context and/or information about the links so that they have an idea what they will be seeing.

Back