Jackson's body moved from coroner's office

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
Michael Jackson's body was moved from a Los Angeles, California, coroner's office to a mortuary Friday evening, a coroner said.

art.jackson.2005.gi.jpg

Michael Jackson's body was taken to an undisclosed mortuary late Friday.
corner_wire_BL.gif

The body was moved in a van about 9:30 p.m. PT (12:30 a.m. Saturday ET), but Jackson's family asked that the location not be disclosed, said Ed Winter, assistant chief coroner of the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office.
"We ask that you respect the family wishes," Winter told reporters. "They are all grieving in their different ways."

Earlier on Friday, Craig Harvey, a spokesman for the coroner's office, said Jackson's autopsy was completed, but more testing was needed to pinpoint the cause of death. Harvey said the tests would take four to six weeks.

Harvey did say there were no signs of foul play or trauma.

Questions continued to swirl Saturday about the possible role prescription medications may have played in Jackson's death, people close to him said. And questions remained about Jackson's personal doctor, who was at the home when the singer died.

The possibility that Jackson was taking medication that could have contributed to his death at age 50 weighed heavily Friday on people close to the star.

In 2005, after he was cleared on charges of child molestation, Jackson spent a week at a center run by Dr. Deepak Chopra, a physician who focuses on spirituality and the mind-body connection.
During that week, Jackson asked Chopra for a prescription for a narcotic, the doctor told CNN.

"I said, 'What the heck do you want a narcotic prescription for?', Chopra said. "And it suddenly dawned on me that he was probably taking these and that he had probably a number of doctors who were giving him these prescriptions, so I confronted him with that. At first, he denied it. Then, he said he was in a lot of pain."

Chopra said he told Jackson that there were plenty of other ways to handle his pain, but that the arguments were not persuasive.
He blamed Jackson's death on drug abuse, though he offered no direct evidence.

"When you have enough drugs in your system, your heart goes into an arrhythmia and your respiration stops," he said. "I think the drugs killed him."

Brian Oxman, a former lawyer for the Jackson family who was in the emergency room Thursday, also expressed concern about medications the pop star was taking.

"I talked to this family about it, I warned them -- I said that Michael is overmedicating and that I did not want to see this kind of a case develop," Oxman told CNN's "American Morning" on Friday.
He referred to Anna Nicole Smith, the former model and reality television star who died of an overdose in 2007.

"I said, 'If that's what's going to happen to Michael, it's all going to break our hearts.' And my worst fears are here," he said.
Oxman emphasized that he did not know what killed Jackson, and was not making accusations against anyone.

Meanwhile, police -- who had spoken Thursday with Dr. Conrad Murray, who was with Jackson when he died -- were trying to reach him again Friday.

A car that Murray had parked at Jackson's home was impounded and may contain medications pertinent to the investigation, said Detective Agustin Villanueva of the Los Angeles Police Department.

Public records show the impounded car was registered to a Texas woman who is an associate of the cardiologist, who works in Houston, Texas, and Las Vegas, Nevada, and is licensed in California.

CNN's calls to Murray's office were not returned Friday.

Jackson was in cardiac arrest when paramedics took him Thursday from his home to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, where the music idol was pronounced dead at 2:26 p.m. (5:26 p.m. ET).

In a 911 call released Friday, an unidentified caller told a dispatcher to send help. He told the dispatcher that Jackson was not breathing and Jackson's doctor was performing CPR on a bed.

advertisement.gif

Jackson had been preparing for a comeback tour -- aimed at extending his legendary career and helping him to pay off hundreds of millions of dollars in debt.

Jackson is survived by his three children, Prince Michael I, Paris and Prince Michael II.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/27/michael.jackson/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Back