Jackson wanted to sing at 2008 Olympics (interview with Karen, Raymone)

Re: Michael Jackson: An icon never fades away (interview with Karen, Raymone)

Where are the the interviews? I don't see them.

Jackson wanted to sing at 2008 Olympics, spokeswoman says - China.org.cn

"Michael wanted to come to China very much," said Raymone K. Bain, spokeswoman for Michael Jackson.

"He loved Chinese fans. He even submitted an application to sing at the Beijing Olympics, but the Olympic committee said they would consider it and never got back to us."

Bain worked for Jackson from 2003 to 2005, during his child molestation trial, and then became his manager in 2006. Before that, Bain also represented many big names such as Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Babyface, Boyz II Men, Serena Williams and Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington, D.C.

She refinanced Jackson's debt, managed his career during a tough time in his life and helped him deal with a series of lawsuits.

Bain started discussions with AEG Live – the company that runs many of the biggest concerts in the U.S. – about Jackson's comeback concert. She also organized an all-star charity project, I Have This Dream, but this has not been successful.

In 2007 Jackson fired Bain, and she filed lawsuit against him in May 2009 asking for her share, just one month before the King of Pop died.

But Bain only has the fondest memories and admiration for Jackson, despite the lawsuit, and she tried to help find justice for him.

"We hope fans can join together to persuade the district attorney to change the involuntary manslaughter charge to second degree murder," Bain said. She said she believes that Jackson was murdered.

"I knew it was murder from the day one," Bain said.

"The doctor use anesthetics to treat his insomnia, and Propofol should only be used in hospital where the patient can be monitored by experts and equipment," she said. "The doctor didn't tell the paramedics what he administered into Jackson's body; he was hiding something."

"The doctor should be put behind bars for very long time," she added.

When asked about Jackson's huge debt, Bain explained that it was caused by the high interest rates. But she said Jackson's estate was worth $3 billion, so by comparison the $300 million is nothing to worry about.

"He had some cash flow problems, but he was never broke," Bain said.

Bain said much about Jackson's legacy and the lost songs. "He told me that he wrote thousands of songs for his children, who will be taken care of for the rest of their life," she said.

Bain listened to Jackson's last new songs, and arranged several popular producers and songwriters, like Akon and Will.i.am, to collaborate with Jackson. "Michael let me hear his new songs in Ireland and Las Vegas," she said. "They are great songs – brilliant. Michael is a genius."

Despite the fact that Jackson continued to write, Bain only managed to help him release an album for the 25th anniversary of Thriller, instead of a new album. "Michael couldn't get a satisfying contract at that time," she said.

But now he has. Sony Music signed a 250 million recording deal with Jackson estate in March. Sony will release 10 projects over the next 7 years, including an album of new songs set to be released in November.

"We have many plans," she said. "We would like to do a world tour after the London concerts. Michael always wanted to do movies, and he wanted to do a 3-D CGI feature animation. He had many brilliant ideas."

Bain said she never saw Jackson use drugs, and when she finished watching Jackson in his movie, This Is It, she couldn't help but shake her head.

"Michael should be with us now," she said. "He should not be dead.

"I still cannot believe we lost Michael forever. And I miss him very much."

Why the trial is always mentioned? Is it a rule?

Where is it written that he was acquitted?

Raymone is absolutely right.. I have my issues with her in regards to the way she handled MJ's pr and stuff and I was really upset that she sued him in May 2009 but she is definitely right about Murray. He should be charged with murder.. Murray is a 22 year cardiologist there is no way he could be that stupid.. Giving someone anesthesia as a sleep aid was just ignorant, and the fact that he refused to tell the ER staff or the EMTs what he gave MJ speaks volumes about his guilt.

Raymone is absolutely right.. I have my issues with her in regards to the way she handled MJ's pr and stuff and I was really upset that she sued him in May 2009 but she is definitely right about Murray. He should be charged with murder.. Murray is a 22 year cardiologist there is no way he could be that stupid.. Giving someone anesthesia as a sleep aid was just ignorant, and the fact that he refused to tell the ER staff or the EMTs what he gave MJ speaks volumes about his guilt.

Not only that, but giving someone CPR in a bed of all places! Even a medical student should know you NEVER EVER do that in a bed or a soft place like a chair....get the person on the floor! Murray, at least should be tried for 2nd or 3rd degree murder.

I dont believe this because Michael was shattered after the trial and didnt know how the public would react to him this is why MJ showed at Christian Audiger 50th party to get a feel for public reaction before the o2 announcements.

He was the King of Pop. "Thriller," "Beat it," "Billie Jean," "Bad."

He was her boss and her friend.

For years, Karen Faye's hands had delicately and expertly applied makeup to the face of arguably the greatest entertainer the world's ever seen. She was there for the early years, as he evolved into the world's biggest star. And she was there as his career declined. She watched him suffer through health problems and a drug dependency; watched him languish through criminal accusations and bankruptcy.
And then he was gone. But one final time, she was there again, carefully placing makeup on his face while trying not to cry.

Did he look peaceful?

"How could he look peaceful?" Faye replied. "He had been through two autopsies – this is too difficult to talk about."

Faye paused, smiled slightly as she recalled traveling to China with him in the ‘80s. There was the King of Pop, known for his sparkling white glove and flamboyant wardrobe, wearing a bamboo hat and standing in a beautiful rice field. He was relaxed and at peace, but it didn't last long. "A water buffalo had somehow sneaked up on him, and Michael screamed and ran," Faye said.

That was during the Bad tour. They went to Hong Kong and secretly visited villages in Zhongshan, Guangdong Province in the mainland. Faye remembered the beauty of the villages and friendliness of the people.

Faye said they intended to visit Beijing but bad weather prevented them from going. She said Michael always wanted to go to China.

But the talk of sweet memories ended and moved to Jackson's final days. Faye mentioned how amazing Michael was while preparing for his London concerts, but things went wrong quickly.

She was waiting for Jackson to arrive at the Staples Center for rehearsal when she heard TV reports in the cafeteria – the King was dead.

It didn't become apparent until the week before he died that Jackson's condition might be dire. Faye said the energetic Michael Jackson seen in the documentary "This Is It," is the result of editing magic.

"They edited it to make Michael appear strong and healthy, but did you notice how many outfits he's wearing during one song? It took three different rehearsal days to get one song filmed," Faye said.
His condition so deteriorated that Faye began to doubt whether Jackson could physically perform an entire show.

She gave several reasons why Jackson agreed to the London shows.

"Michael told me he wanted his children to see, first hand, what their father did for a living," she said.
He also wanted to do it for his fans. He wanted to see their smiles, their excitement – one more time.
Faye said Jackson's message was "heal the world," and it was important for him. He felt we only had four years to correct things gone wrong in the world, Faye said.

And finally among his reasons – he needed the money.

Faye explained that Jackson didn't fully understand the legal contracts, and rarely read them completely. He relied on his lawyers, but she questioned their motives, doubted they worked in Jackson's best interests. She said they pushed him to go from 10 shows to 50, a grueling schedule even for a young man.

Faye also believes there are serious questions concerning Jackson's final will, which was signed on July 7, 2002.

"There are several things in the will that don't make sense to me. It states it was signed in Los Angeles, when in fact, I was in New York with Michael at the time. And all the children's names are incorrect," Faye said.

But she said she could not do anything unless Jackson's family decides to. And even if the family challenged the will it would be an expensive and arduously long battle involving powerful people who control the music industry.

Faye denies Jackson was a drug addict, but says he developed a dependency on prescription drugs approved by doctors, and he used them to sleep and escape from a painful life.

"Conrad Murray is the man who gave the last lethal dose to Michael; society and money-hungry people have been killing him slowly for many years," Faye said.

She also explained why the district attorney wouldn't upgrade the charge to second-degree murder or expand the list of suspects.

"The fewer suspects brought into the case, the better chance for a conviction, so they targeted Murray and charged him with what they knew could win a guilty verdict," she said.

Is there justice for Jackson?

"The injustices have been done. We've lost our hero, a genius – the world's greatest entertainer," Faye said.

What can society learn from all this?

"People will do anything for money."

"There are several things in the will that don't make sense to me. It states it was signed in Los Angeles, when in fact, I was in New York with Michael at the time. And all the children's names are incorrect," Faye said.

Can someone please explain this? In the will that was posted on the internet, his children's names seem to be spelled correctly. Am I reading the wrong will?

He was her boss and her friend.

For years, Karen Faye's hands had delicately and expertly applied makeup to the face of arguably the greatest entertainer the world's ever seen. She was there for the early years, as he evolved into the world's biggest star. And she was there as his career declined. She watched him suffer through health problems and a drug dependency; watched him languish through criminal accusations and bankruptcy.
And then he was gone. But one final time, she was there again, carefully placing makeup on his face while trying not to cry.

Did he look peaceful?

"How could he look peaceful?" Faye replied. "He had been through two autopsies – this is too difficult to talk about."

Faye paused, smiled slightly as she recalled traveling to China with him in the ‘80s. There was the King of Pop, known for his sparkling white glove and flamboyant wardrobe, wearing a bamboo hat and standing in a beautiful rice field. He was relaxed and at peace, but it didn't last long. "A water buffalo had somehow sneaked up on him, and Michael screamed and ran," Faye said.

That was during the Bad tour. They went to Hong Kong and secretly visited villages in Zhongshan, Guangdong Province in the mainland. Faye remembered the beauty of the villages and friendliness of the people.

Faye said they intended to visit Beijing but bad weather prevented them from going. She said Michael always wanted to go to China.

But the talk of sweet memories ended and moved to Jackson's final days. Faye mentioned how amazing Michael was while preparing for his London concerts, but things went wrong quickly.

She was waiting for Jackson to arrive at the Staples Center for rehearsal when she heard TV reports in the cafeteria – the King was dead.

It didn't become apparent until the week before he died that Jackson's condition might be dire. Faye said the energetic Michael Jackson seen in the documentary "This Is It," is the result of editing magic.

"They edited it to make Michael appear strong and healthy, but did you notice how many outfits he's wearing during one song? It took three different rehearsal days to get one song filmed," Faye said.
His condition so deteriorated that Faye began to doubt whether Jackson could physically perform an entire show.

She gave several reasons why Jackson agreed to the London shows.

"Michael told me he wanted his children to see, first hand, what their father did for a living," she said.
He also wanted to do it for his fans. He wanted to see their smiles, their excitement – one more time.
Faye said Jackson's message was "heal the world," and it was important for him. He felt we only had four years to correct things gone wrong in the world, Faye said.

And finally among his reasons – he needed the money.

Faye explained that Jackson didn't fully understand the legal contracts, and rarely read them completely. He relied on his lawyers, but she questioned their motives, doubted they worked in Jackson's best interests. She said they pushed him to go from 10 shows to 50, a grueling schedule even for a young man.

Faye also believes there are serious questions concerning Jackson's final will, which was signed on July 7, 2002.

But she said she could not do anything unless Jackson's family decides to. And even if the family challenged the will it would be an expensive and arduously long battle involving powerful people who control the music industry.

Faye denies Jackson was a drug addict, but says he developed a dependency on prescription drugs approved by doctors, and he used them to sleep and escape from a painful life.

"Conrad Murray is the man who gave the last lethal dose to Michael; society and money-hungry people have been killing him slowly for many years," Faye said.

She also explained why the district attorney wouldn't upgrade the charge to second-degree murder or expand the list of suspects.

"The fewer suspects brought into the case, the better chance for a conviction, so they targeted Murray and charged him with what they knew could win a guilty verdict," she said.

Is there justice for Jackson?

"The injustices have been done. We've lost our hero, a genius – the world's greatest entertainer," Faye said.

What can society learn from all this?

"People will do anything for money."
You have the link?

Samantha de Gosson, a Los Angeles photographer, was a loyal fan of Michael Jackson for about 20 years.

She saw him for the first time in 1992 when she was 17 years old. She first met him in 2003 in Las Vegas. She said he looked more beautiful in person and she savored everything about the moment from the strength of his hands to his smell. To de Gosson, he was more than an entertainer; he was an inspiration.

He motivated her to quit smoking in 2004, she said. She started again the day he died.

Still smoke-free on June 24, 2009, de Gosson said she and two other fans saw Jackson dance and sing at the Staples Center in Los Angeles the night before he died.

"Me and two other followers were waiting when we noticed a section that was open," de Gosson said. "His voice was amazing but his clothes were obviously too big for him. That part is not in the actual 'This Is It' movie. "

Financial issues due to lawsuits, bad management and people stealing from him forced Jackson to hold the concerts, de Gosson said. When the 50-show tour was announced, de gosson said she was shocked.
"He still was rich with a lot of assets, but no immediate cash," de Gosson said. "I believe the pressure had a lot to do with Michael's death. They stressed him to the point where it was easy to take him out."

After the tour was announced, de Gosson said she could see Jackson's health and spirits degrading.
"We wrote to him about our concerns, our fears and that he should stop right now and forget the concerts," de Gosson said. "[We wrote] that we didn't need that from him, that he had already proved himself to us and that him staying alive meant more to us than any show."

She last saw Jackson the day he died. He left the Staples Center in Los Angeles at 1 a.m. after finishing rehearsal.

"He put his window down and leaned all the way out and waved and smiled," de Gosson said. "That behavior was so different from the last few days where he didn't look happy or well. I don't know what was different about that very last moment. Maybe a sign, our last goodbye."

It would've been nice for Michael to perform for the Beijing Olympics.

Samantha de Gosson was literally a stalker. She was more than a FF.

Yeah, haven't we noticed that Ms. Faye.

Right? She should talk.

Again she confirms that she is part of "Team Randy."

Thanks for sharing....It would've been nice he cound dance and sing in Beijing....He wanted and planed to visit China as early as 80's. But, it's just a dream right now....

Back