Jackson Planned Thriller Movie

Samtkaninchen

Proud Member
JACKSON PLANNED THRILLER MOVIE

MICHAEL JACKSON was planning to make a feature-length big screen version of his hit THRILLER video when he died.
Close friend and Jackson's comeback tour director Kenny Ortega reveals he had discussed several movie projects with the star - including a Thriller movie, and a film version of Peter Allen musical Legs Diamond.
Ortega tells PerezHilton.com, "He told me he wanted to create a partnership with me to do films. We were talking about doing Legs Diamond. And we were talking about doing a full-length, 3-D feature of Thriller."
Sony Pictures boss Amy Pascal has also revealed Jackson approached her to discuss movie ideas, including a musical fantasy called Midknight and a remake of British musical The Red Shoes, based on a Hans Christian Andersen fairytale about a "ballet dancer whose compulsion to dance ultimately destroys any hope she once had of a normal life, leading to her tragic death".
Jackson died from a cardiac arrest in June (09) at the age of 50.

Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/jackson-planned-thriller-movie_1120809

(I am not sure if this was already posted, I could not find it. But if so please delete this thread. Thanks.)

Thanks for posting :) I knew about the Thriller remake he wanted to do but those other ideas sound great!

Looks like he had some awesome ideas.

Mike always wanted to do movies though, I think he always had eyes bigger than his stomach, even in Moonwalker he says he wanted to move into movies.

I love MJ's Ghosts so much and I always dreamed that he would do movies again ... to read that he had such great plans really hurts. :(

Yeah Michael made awesome short films. The full version of Bad is fun to watch as well, does anybody else go nuts when the ULTRA YOUNG Wesley Snipes shows up on screen, it was like his first role! Cause of Mike :D

i read this lastnight. How awesome would it have been if michael made a full movie version of Thriller! maybe it can still be done. who knows. if not at least we know that Michael wanted to and that he truly wanted to please his fans and give them bigger and better things.

I am sad as hell of the fact that he died sadly before he could do it. I wish I could have been an actress in one of those movies. :cry: I would love to see an Michael Jackson directed movie.

*sighs* it continues to make me sad hearing about all these future plans. :( Going to see a movie directed by Michael Jackson would have been amazing.

I find this extremely interesting, I'm now wishing I could hear Mikes thoughts on his movie vision of Thriller especially!!!

Peace

Last edited:
so sad to hear how much he had planned. That stupid trial wasted years of his life and delayed him doing all these things he wanted to do!

Back