Jackson maintains UK albums chart supremacy

HornyForMike

Proud Member
Michael Jackson has extended his posthumous reign over the UK albums chart to six weeks.

His two-disc compilation The Essential notches up a fifth week at number one, having previously replaced another Jackson collection, Number Ones, in the top spot.

The Essential is one of seven Jackson albums in this week's top 40 - two down on seven days ago.

Yay for the King! I hope this continues at least for another few weeks. I'd be tempted to say forever but realistically 10 weeks would be awesome!

I've been buying all his albums again digitally of iTunes and I know a lot of people who are buying his CDs for the first time, it's great to see Michael back in the charts.

Amazing really. The UK is certainly keeping this summer an MJ summer as it should've been.

mike is watching all the good stuff up from heaven and smiling.

i was out in my back yard tonight all by myself and i was looking up the sky and all the stars, and i was thinking what michael gave to me. it took me about 5 hours and i was only at the beginning. i'm so greatful i was a fan since i can remember, i am a fan and will always be a fan no matter what.

i wasn't sure if that was it, but i searched the whole sky to find the brightest star. and when i did i felt better. cause i knew michael was watching... we miss you mike.

There is a new album coming out in October to coincide with the new movie release. Right now it appears it will be a live album. It will be released by Sony. More to come...

The Live album in October is only a rumor. It manifested from Randy Phillips saying that they COULD make live albums if they wanted. Nothing to do with Sony. Sony now own the footage. Ball is in their court now. It's not confirmed but i do believe it will come out, be it not in October, it will come out SOME day.

A new album of new material is probably at least a year+ away.

Randy also said that MJ wasn't miming in the released rehearsal clips. He may have been singing live at times, but the backing track was so loud it wasn't easy to make out his voice - I think you can in the last few seconds of the clip.

Anyway, I seriously doubt that there will be a 'live' album. What would be the point if most of the vocals are mimed? It would just start the media throwing more mud at MJ, and the last thing he needs is more damage to his reputation. Having said that, if AEG have the right to release it and make money from Mike's name then they will, even if it does damage Mike's name. They have nothing to lose but everything to gain. The same with the rehearsal footage. I'm sure they WILL release it in it's entirety following the reports of the negotiations with Sony, but whether they should is a different matter. If the TDCAU clip was the best piece of the rehearsal they could find to release, then it doesn't look good for the rest of the show. I don't think Mike would want us to see that unfinished show because I doubt he put 100% into it as it was just a rehearsal. Despite the generally positive coverage the video got when the clip was released, the media could use complete DVD release as evidence that Mike was 'past it' and incapable etc.

dear united kingdom,

i was just on the wiki page for man in the mirror and it informed me that when the single was first released, it didn't hit #1. uk, what do you have to say for yourselves?

sincerely,
:polling:

Last edited:
yay.. well done michael.... really shows how great the music is!!! :)

michael forever

I'm shocked by how many of his great songs I hadn't heard. It's unbelievable they didn't get sufficient radio airplay. I've just discovered The Way You Love Me, and just play it over and over again. MJ's ability to totally entrall just continues to amaze me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNqjneaZIRo

dear united kingdom,

i was just on the wiki page for man in the mirror and it informed me that when the single was first released, it didn't hit #1. uk, what do you have to say for yourselves?

sincerely,
:polling:

I'm suitably embarrassed!

The problem is though London, when MITM was released, most TV stations refused to play the video due to the "sensitive" content - what a joke that was!

I remember one radio 1 DJ at the time (I think it was Mike Smith) who said that is was a disgrace that MITM didn't get to number 1.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of all the English people on here. ;-)

a choir sang man in the mirror at my work on saturday, it was fantastic and no other song they sang, and there was some current stuff sang, got the ovation man in the mirror did! it was amazing, i had to hold back some tears and focus on clearing tables!

Back