Jackson generates most upbeat online buzz

PCR

Proud Member
Hi...

I am not 100% if this has already been posted, but just in case, here it is (if already posted, please delete :):

"U.S.-based marketing firm Zeta Interactive scanned comments on more than 100 million blogs and websites to determine which celebrities received the best, and worst, "buzz" in 2009 to produce a snapshot of public opinion.

Jackson, who died aged 50 in June from an overdose of powerful medications, was ranked the best buzzed celebrity of 2009, followed by talk show host Oprah Winfrey, teen country music singer Taylor Swift and Swayze.

[...]after the outpouring of emotion that followed Michael Jackson's death, we saw a celebrity - once recognized for all the wrong reasons - turn into an online sensation with more positive buzz than any other this past year."

Source: UK Reuters (http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE5BD12R20091214?sp=true)

Emmm.... I have some mixfeelings about this :( Sure it not bad... but Ok, I will not play the negative again, I choose focusing on the good side.

Finally I see Michael in a list I like :)

Last edited:
I just wish that Michael could see the love the world is expressing for him right now. However I can't help but ask why did it have to come to this for people to express positivity towards Michael?

its just intrest in what happened cause of june 25th doesnt mean anything else. nothing to celebrate

I just wish that Michael could see the love the world is expressing for him right now. However I can't help but ask why did it have to come to this for people to express positivity towards Michael?
I think the public ALWAYS had it, it was the MEDIA who wanted to paint a different picture. MJ knew he loved. He sold out 50 show and his Thriller 25 did great in AMerica and overseas.

I think the public ALWAYS had it, it was the MEDIA who wanted to paint a different picture. MJ knew he loved. He sold out 50 show and his Thriller 25 did great in AMerica and overseas.
I agree, and ironically, if Michael had tried to do a concert sooner, he might've seen all the interest in it, which might've made him feel better. I think he may've lost hope there for a while, thinking his reputation was too damaged for a comeback. I'm glad he lived long enough to see otherwise. :)

I agree, and ironically, if Michael had tried to do a concert sooner, he might've seen all the interest in it, which might've made him feel better. I think he may've lost hope there for a while, thinking his reputation was too damaged for a comeback. I'm glad he lived long enough to see otherwise. :)

I would of loved to have seen his reaction to the 50 sell outs within a few hours or so!

I agree. He must have been so happy to see how fast his shows sold out. I was happy for him, but sad for me not to get a ticket, but whatever!! It was about HIM!!! He must have been so excited about this. Despite all the unaswered questions around the rehearsals (TII), I still can see his exciment on the movie. You can see he is enjoying it, he was focused. He only wanted to give us his best. And he did. I feel he did.

This life is but a big irony... Michael managed to close thousands of "haters' mouths" without a single word, but only with his talent on stage. Who can say now he was "finished"? They can't say it. Their lies were uncovered in front of all and they should be ashamed of what they did to Michael and his fans. It was OUR business, ours and Michael's, not the media's. And they envy him and tried their best to destroy him. Yes, MJ is gone now... but I feel he is the winner. At least, he is the winner in my heart, in our hearts, and I am sure they hate it, cause they CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!

I hope this trend will keep on growing. There are many things we still have to see about MJ. I want to hope for the best... that is, the best out of the worst thing we could have lived as his fans :(

Last edited:
Exactly. MJ was still mobbed when he went out. Now, if he was not loved, that would not have been still going on. And regardless to what some were saying, people were excited to see him come back and do these 50 shows and to sell out the way he did. If Mj was not loved, people would not have responsed to his death in the manner in which it did.

I agree. He must have been so happy to see how fast his shows sold out. I was happy for him, but sad for me not to get a ticket, but whatever!! It was about HIM!!! He must have been so excited about this. Despite all the unaswered questions around the rehearsals (TII), I still can see his exciment on the movie. You can see he is enjoying it, he was focused. He only wanted to give us his best. And he did. I feel he did.

This life is but a big irony... Michael managed to close thousands of "haters' mouths" without a single word, buy only with his talent on stage. Who can say now he was "finished"? They can't say it. Their lies were uncovered in front of all and they should be ashamed of what they did to Michael and his fans. It was OUR business, ours and Michael's, not the media's. And they envy him and tried their best to destroy him. Yes, MJ is gone now... but I feel he is the winner. At least, he is the winner in my heart, in our hearts, and I am sure they hate it, cause they CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!

I hope this trend will keep on growing. There are many things we still have to see about MJ. I want to hope for the best... that is, the best out of the worst thing we could have lived as his fans :(
Exactly. And what saddens me is that I believe he would have had the highest grossing show of this this. Sorry but I believe MJ would have made 250 million even with his concerts and would have been one of the biggest news of this year still if he would have lived. I was just thinking how I was hoping his comeback be good and not bad like Britney. but look, he died instead. It hurts. And to think it could have been avoided.

This is so true and so important to remember. It was the press who dissed Michael and a small population of vocal haters. Everyone else still loved him and he knew it. He still got letters, cards, gifts from fans. He still had people following him around and going crazy blocking traffic, etc when ever he was around.

And most importantly he sold out his London shows faster than any performer in history. He knew he was respected and loved all over the world.

The press either totally missed or didn't care about public sentiment when it came to Michael. Now they look like the fools they are.

Hi...

I am not 100% if this has already been posted, but just in case, here it is (if already posted, please delete :):

"U.S.-based marketing firm Zeta Interactive scanned comments on more than 100 million blogs and websites to determine which celebrities received the best, and worst, "buzz" in 2009 to produce a snapshot of public opinion.

Jackson, who died aged 50 in June from an overdose of powerful medications, was ranked the best buzzed celebrity of 2009, followed by talk show host Oprah Winfrey, teen country music singer Taylor Swift and Swayze.

[...]after the outpouring of emotion that followed Michael Jackson's death, we saw a celebrity - once recognized for all the wrong reasons - turn into an online sensation with more positive buzz than any other this past year."

Source: UK Reuters (http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE5BD12R20091214?sp=true)

Emmm.... I have some mixfeelings about this :( Sure it not bad... but Ok, I will not play the negative again, I choose focusing on the good side.

Finally I see Michael in a list I like :)

yes, let's focus on the positive. I just wish he'd been here to see it. :(

Exactly. And what saddens me is that I believe he would have had the highest grossing show of this this. Sorry but I believe MJ would have made 250 million even with his concerts and would have been one of the biggest news of this year still if he would have lived. I was just thinking how I was hoping his comeback be good and not bad like Britney. but look, he died instead. It hurts. And to think it could have been avoided.

I absolutely agree, he would have have been the great comeback of the decade if he had lived. I really don't think that it would have been Britney VMAesqe because MJ seems to rehearse more. I know I have said this so many times, but I still wish MJ was alive. If he was, the hurt I have may have never existed.

This is so true and so important to remember. It was the press who dissed Michael and a small population of vocal haters. Everyone else still loved him and he knew it. He still got letters, cards, gifts from fans. He still had people following him around and going crazy blocking traffic, etc when ever he was around.

And most importantly he sold out his London shows faster than any performer in history. He knew he was respected and loved all over the world.

The press either totally missed or didn't care about public sentiment when it came to Michael. Now they look like the fools they are.

If there is one think I wish we, as a society, will start to understand, that is that the truth is NOT in the media. They only show part of the truth, the part they want to show, the one that fits their interests. And I do not only mean it for Michael, but for many other issues.

Of course, what media (and society) did to Michael is horrible, almost a crime and I think in time this will be analized and many conclussions will arise. I imagine people in 5, 10 years more talking about the biggest public "murder of image" of all times... analizing the way Michael was destroid, the lies, the pain he and his fans were put through and then they will say "It was so easy to understand it was all framed... why people then didn't realize is beyond our understanding".

These our crazy days... I never expected this would happen. And as the year is comming to an end, I just wish we will have to passion and strenght to keep Michael's legacy alive.

the pathetic press is still trying to control minds. while they keep wanting to attach negativity false buzz lines to MJ.. saying he was recognized for all 'the wrong reasons', and powerful med overdose, and such, they fail to realize, on purpose, that his fans always recognized and still recognize him for charity and musical genius. and he has the biggest fanbase, ever, as always has been true.

if anything, it's just the press that is recognized for being evil, jealous and envious of him.

Last edited:
Well of course it's not BAD news but it's pretty annoying that the world treated Mike how they did prior to 25/6 and now all of a sudden they realise he's a great guy.

And of course it was the media but people should use their own brains rather than follow what they hear like dogs, or just not be so damn ignorant.

Atleast Mike knew in his heart who he was and that it would come to light, and that there was more than enogh love for him in this world to counteract the negative.

Wow. I'm glad the media is finally seeing that the public has always loved Michael and that all the time they tried to say negative stuff about him did not work.. Sad thing is it took his passing to bring this change about. :(

Back