Jackson 5 song: Doctor My Eyes (your toughts...)

dangerous dave

Proud Member
Personally I love Michael's solo work the most but I discovered a song of the jackson 5
and I really like it, it's one of the few tracks actually that I like from the early career.
it's Doctor my Eyes, MICHAEL KEEPS SUPRISING ME :)

here's the link of the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2zWXpdZo8g

That was originally by Jackson Browne. A lot of the stuff on J5 albums were remakes.

I love

Mama's Pearl
Doctor My Eyes
Little Bitty Pretty One
Sugar Daddy

...they're some of my favourites of the less popular Jackson 5 tracks (add Blame it on the Boogie/I Want You Back/ABC/Can You Feel It). Didn't realise that Doctor my Eyes was a Jackson Browne track though!

Looking Through The Windows is an awesome album. I think the Jackson 5's best was Third Album... I also have to give it up to Jermaine for Bridge Over Troubled Water... Amazing vocals and the song was quite popular at the time. "Mama's Pearl," "Reach In," "The Love I Saw In you Was Just A Mirage," "I'll Be There," "Oh, How Happy" and more... Incredible music. I think a lot of people need to give Jermaine just as much credit. He was the heartthrob of the group with an incredible voice. I feel bad because a lot of younger fans bash Jermaine when they have never met him, know nothing about him and even bash his vocals - which is an absolute crime... Michael wouldn't be anywhere if there wasn't a Jackson 5, so complete love to them.

Jermaine was my heartthrob; Michael, a year younger than me, was my "kid brother." Then little Mikey grew up... oh MY did he grow up! ... and I'm afraid I forgot all about poor Jermaine...

But yes, I feel very upset at the bashing of the siblings I've seen since I joined this forum. The J5 are so important to who Michael became, are so much a part of his legacy. It absolutely impacts Michael's legacy to tarnish the J5 unduly.

Speaking of another SERIOUS hearthrob... here's Jackson Browne performing Doctor My Eyes. He's a gifted singer/songwriter who shares many of Michael's serious messages:

Last edited:

Top 200 '70s Songs​

Looking back at the very best songs from '70s.

Jackson Browne, "Doctor My Eyes" (1972)​

Browne's first big single was unusual for the deeply introspective, typically first-person singer-songwriter. Thankfully, he welcomed outside input (from the label exec who suggested a more hopeful narrative to the vocal addendums from David Crosby and Graham Nash), and "Doctor My Eyes" jump started his career.

Back