J Is For Jackson 5 (CD)

Marty In LA

Proud Member
jis4j5_.jpg

A new best of Jackson 5 CD is available in the USA from Universal Music Group, entitled 'J Is For Jackson 5'. It seems to be aimed at children, the cover of the CD has the words 'Kid and Parent friendly' on it and includes 4 sing-a-long versions of J5 hits for young ones (or the young at heart) with a booklet full of lyrics to each of the tracks. The package includes all 4 Pop number #1's the J5 had (I Want You Back, ABC, The Love You Save, I'll Be There) and 2 of their #2's 'Mama's Pearl' and 'Dancing Machine'. The CD is rounded out with sweet bubblegum pop songs like 'Little Bitty Pretty One, 'Corner Of the Sky' and '2-4-6-8-'. The Karaoke style songs are actually the single edits with muted vocals used as guide tracks helping along would-be future MJ singers. 'J Is For Jackson 5' contains about 60 minutes of music and has no unreleased tracks on it.

Sample songs from this CD here.

Marty In LA

This is yet another 'best of' CD with nothing fresh or original that MJ fans already have had in their music library for years, so I'm not recommending it, even the karaoke versions offered aren't unique either.

What I do still recommend is a J5 CD released late last year called, 'I Want You Back: Unreleased Masters' that does have several original mixes and unreleased songs that fans should have.

Read the thread about it here.

Marty In LA

Oh Marty,Marty Marty. What we gonna do?

Yes, we have all those songs. They're great songs but we have them already.

Ah well. I am however, enjoying the Unreleased Masters.

Thanks for the info. :)

B is for boring. :tease: Why doesn't Motown re-release Jackie's album or the unreleased material Tito recorded for a solo LP instead?

B is for boring. :tease: Why doesn't Motown re-release Jackie's album or the unreleased material Tito recorded for a solo LP instead?

Yeah, I wish that Motown/Uni would released some of the material you mentoned instead. I would love to hear that Tito album that got shelved.

This is yet another 'best of' CD with nothing fresh or original that MJ fans already have had in their music library for years, so I'm not recommending it, even the karaoke versions offered aren't unique either.

What I do still recommend is a J5 CD released late last year called, 'I Want You Back: Unreleased Masters' that does have several original mixes and unreleased songs that fans should have.

Marty In LA

Yep, I think that the "Unreleased Masters" is a better deal. I enjoy that cd.

^^^^Around 1994 Motown released an album of unreleased songs that Marvin Gaye recorded in the 1960s. A lot of it sounds like it could of been hits at the time. Motown has thousands of unreleased songs by their various acts, but yet keep releasing compilations with the same 10 songs. Does anybody actually buy these CDs? There are also many old Motown albums that are out of print that could be released.

How many Jackson 5 songs aren't kid-friendly? "Man's Temptation" and...?

I agree, Jackie's album was really good and i would love to bump it in cd quality as opposed to the low quality i've had to deal with lol

Many of the J5 songs were written for adult singers and others were remakes from adult acts. I Want You Back was written for Gladys Knight and the Pips, but Berry Gordy gave it to the J5.

Right, but IWAB is included on this disc--I'm talking about content that's not appropriate for children. I'm struggling to think of anything beyond that one outtake that was only released last year on an archive CD.

Theres also "Touch"
OH, JUST KEEP DOIN' WHAT YOU'RE DOIN'
FANCY WORDS WILL ONLY RUIN IT
TOUCH (TOUCH ME)
THAT VERY SPECIAL TOUCH
IF I SATISFY YOU (IF I SATISFY YOU)

I cringe listening to Michael and Jermaine sing that sometimes lol i couldn't imagine how awkward it must have been for them.

Marty In LA
Yeah, esp. after the Unreleased Masters album, this is a let-down. With no new tunes on it, any compilation album can never top that. Whoever in charge, they better stop churning out all these repetitive releases and start digging a lil deeper into the vault. It's like, it's only a matter of time, but they've been holding back for all these years

Back