I've never seen him this sick

wonderouzmj

Proud Member
I've never seen this footage until today & I haven't heard him this sick since after the history tour. You can just hear him & feel his fever temperature through the screen. I feel so bad for him watching this clip. He really gave his all no matter what. Wow!

Still very listenable to me but far removed from the Triumph and Victory tour vocals

Wasn't nearly as bad as described! I could still feel the energy and enjoyed the live vocals.

Still considerably better than History (sorry to bring it up again)

Towards the end of the EU leg his vocals became raspier due to him being about 90 shows into the tour. The vocals weren’t as good as previous shows but still better than most Dangerous tour shows (mainly excluding July shows) and the 25% of History tour shows where he was actually sick (mainly November shows plus a few more like Munich, Seoul and Tunis).

Last edited:
way better than history tour.

What do you mean? He sounds way off in shows from the U.S. (both legs). Even Rome is worse in that regard.

By Milton Keynes you can tell he was in the later stages of the tour and the vocals sound overused, but he is highly energetic. To me he does not sound sick. Shows such as Houston, Atlanta, Rome, to me, show a sick Michael.

I’ve also never been the biggest fan of the December/January shows. His vocals were definitely at their worst then (which makes sense). In L.A., although a very nice show, you can tell he is struggling. His voice sounds quite different to even the middle of the tour. If you compare it to Wembley for instance. It sounds more high-pitched, in a way.

What do you mean? He sounds way off in shows from the U.S. (both legs). Even Rome is worse in that regard.

By Milton Keynes you can tell he was in the later stages of the tour and the vocals sound overused, but he is highly energetic. To me he does not sound sick. Shows such as Houston, Atlanta, Rome, to me, show a sick Michael.

I’ve also never been the biggest fan of the December/January shows. His vocals were definitely at their worst then (which makes sense). In L.A., although a very nice show, you can tell he is struggling. His voice sounds quite different to even the middle of the tour. If you compare it to Wembley for instance. It sounds more high-pitched, in a way.
Yeah he did sound bad in Rome and in some of the earlier BAD concerts in 88 especially after 87 but during Wembley he was mainly amazing especially during the July 16th concerts . Also in the concert after this in Liverpool shown in the vid he sounds amazing. I think he sounded very good in the January concerts because by then he had lowered the key for many of the songs and the tempo which worked well i found.

Yeah he did sound bad in Rome and in some of the earlier BAD concerts in 88 especially after 87 but during Wembley he was mainly amazing especially during the July 16th concerts . Also in the concert after this in Liverpool shown in the vid he sounds amazing. I think he sounded very good in the January concerts because by then he had lowered the key for many of the songs and the tempo which worked well i found.
I don't know but they didn't release the concerts in Rome right ? I mean officially like the Wembley tour. Maybe if they did it might be better. And is there any footage of Liverpool concert? If yes could you please send the link?

The June/July shows were vocally very good. Some of the best of tour certainly, both vocally and performance-wise. I would say overall the peak of the tour was that summer, if one takes everything into account.

Obviously vocally he was best in the earliest shows from late 1987/early 1988. But by June/July his vocals were still very strong, the show was much better and the energy was off the charts.

Michael's live voice is diabolical!
I do think he was guilty of being a bit sloppy in his live singing, even at his peak.

Not fully pronouncing words and making sounds that were close enough to the actual lyrics 😂 , more interested in doing an extra spin or leg kick rather than flawless vocals.

From 2.02 until 2.10, sloppy as hell.

I don't actually care though as I still love the performance, it's incredible and would rather it live like this over playback.

I would personally say LA November 88 Mike's voice is in worse shape, you can really how strained it is on APOM, credit to him for powering through. He did delay the LA shows to 89 after this.

He still didn't seem a 100% by Tokyo that December either to be honest, he's sweating buckets In the footage we have

Unsure why my comment was deleted?

It was in keeping with the tone of the forum lately. Berate absolutely everything that Michael is or was; artistically and personally.

I was merely conforming.

I do think he was guilty of being a bit sloppy in his live singing, even at his peak.

Not fully pronouncing words and making sounds that were close enough to the actual lyrics 😂 , more interested in doing an extra spin or leg kick rather than flawless vocals.

From 2.02 until 2.10, sloppy as hell.

I don't actually care though as I still love the performance, it's incredible and would rather it live like this over playback.
As much as I don't want to but i do agree with, I think i have mentioned it before , especially in mid tour onwards songs like HH he barely sung the chorus it was a lot of ad libbing and shouting to the crowd. I personally think he should have slowed the songs a tad down so he could get some of the words out properly.

Back