ITSWMJ - Stockholm, questions

Mr. Norway

Proud Member
It`s been a while since the Brad Sundberg seminar in Stockholom, but I`ve had some trouble logging in to this forum for some time, and it`s never too late to discuss this :) There are some questions from what we heard at the seminar that I would like to ask:

I CAN`T HELP IT (demo):
I remember I was deeply impressed with this demo, which Brad played very early on in the evening. My question is; has this song ever been leaked, and has it been discussed and talked about thoroughly before? As I can remember it was a very funky demo with MJ singing very playfully to a piano groove and some bass. I would LOVE to hear it again. (I was very tempted to ask Brad if he could play it one more time before we left thye seminar - but I didn`t :) )

JANE IS A GROUPIE:
I have never even heard about this song before. Brad did not play it at the seminar, but he did mention that MJ had a song called "Jane is a groupie" - but I don`t remember much more of what he said about it. Can anyone else who was there fill in some more info about it, or are there any more facts about that song??

STREETWALKER, VERSION 3 (1987):
Brad Sundberg`s personal favorite version of "Streetwalker" is the 1987 version, that MJ worked on AFTER the Bad album was released. It`s not the released version but a version he played for us at the seminar. I love the released SE version of Streetwalker, but I really have to agree with Brad: the unreleased version is even better. Actually a lot better IMHO. It`s funkier and, if I remember correctly, Mj sings the chorus in a more powerful and kinda different way. This is also a song that I would LOVE to hear again, and it should REALLY be released so that everybody can hear thye difference between the released and the unreleased versions. So, has it ever been leaked??

It`s been a while since the Brad Sundberg seminar in Stockholom, but I`ve had some trouble logging in to this forum for some time, and it`s never too late to discuss this :) There are some questions from what we heard at the seminar that I would like to ask:

I CAN`T HELP IT (demo):
I remember I was deeply impressed with this demo, which Brad played very early on in the evening. My question is; has this song ever been leaked, and has it been discussed and talked about thoroughly before? As I can remember it was a very funky demo with MJ singing very playfully to a piano groove and some bass. I would LOVE to hear it again. (I was very tempted to ask Brad if he could play it one more time before we left thye seminar - but I didn`t :) )

JANE IS A GROUPIE:
I have never even heard about this song before. Brad did not play it at the seminar, but he did mention that MJ had a song called "Jane is a groupie" - but I don`t remember much more of what he said about it. Can anyone else who was there fill in some more info about it, or are there any more facts about that song??

STREETWALKER, VERSION 3 (1987):
Brad Sundberg`s personal favorite version of "Streetwalker" is the 1987 version, that MJ worked on AFTER the Bad album was released. It`s not the released version but a version he played for us at the seminar. I love the released SE version of Streetwalker, but I really have to agree with Brad: the unreleased version is even better. Actually a lot better IMHO. It`s funkier and, if I remember correctly, Mj sings the chorus in a more powerful and kinda different way. This is also a song that I would LOVE to hear again, and it should REALLY be released so that everybody can hear thye difference between the released and the unreleased versions. So, has it ever been leaked??

I couldn't attend the event personally but I heard it via telephone. Which day did you attend, Friday or Saturday? I don't remember hearing I Can't Help It demo but that version they played of Streetwalker was so incredibly good! It was this instrument that kept on going that added a totally different atmosphere to the song that they omitted in The S.E I don't remember him talking about " Jane Is A Groupie " unfortunately

I couldn't attend the event personally but I heard it via telephone. Which day did you attend, Friday or Saturday? I don't remember hearing I Can't Help It demo but that version they played of Streetwalker was so incredibly good! It was this instrument that kept on going that added a totally different atmosphere to the song that they omitted in The S.E I don't remember him talking about " Jane Is A Groupie " unfortunately

- Hello! I attended on Saturday. I am positive you would have absolutely LOVED the "I can`t help it " demo - it sure was a treasure that needs to be released at some point. But you`re right; Streetwalker was different in a very positive way and I hope they will release that one as well. BTW, how is it possible that you could hear it over the telephone? I don`t remember that being mentioned as an option for the seminars. Cool though, that it was possible - I just thought Brad was scared of it being recorded, and that would`ve been easier if people could attend by phone :)

- Hello! I attended on Saturday. I am positive you would have absolutely LOVED the "I can`t help it " demo - it sure was a treasure that needs to be released at some point. But you`re right; Streetwalker was different in a very positive way and I hope they will release that one as well. BTW, how is it possible that you could hear it over the telephone? I don`t remember that being mentioned as an option for the seminars. Cool though, that it was possible - I just thought Brad was scared of it being recorded, and that would`ve been easier if people could attend by phone :)

Oh i'm absolutely sure I Can't Help it sounded amazing! Brad also played the demo of Someone Put Your Hand Out in paris. I so badly want to hear that! Hehe yeah a bit of a unorthodox method. The truth is i was abroad that weekend but i had a good friend who called me and just let the phone call go on so it became a type of stream. That was one thing i couldn't miss!

Oh i'm absolutely sure I Can't Help it sounded amazing! Brad also played the demo of Someone Put Your Hand Out in paris. I so badly want to hear that! Hehe yeah a bit of a unorthodox method. The truth is i was abroad that weekend but i had a good friend who called me and just let the phone call go on so it became a type of stream. That was one thing i couldn't miss!

- Yeah, I understand you perfectly that you didn`t want to miss it, and I`m glad it worked out for you. However, your friend took a little risk by bringing his phone into the seminar as we all had to leave all our bags and phones locked up for preventing this. He`s lucky he wasn`t caught because the guard was pretty big :)

Anyways, if he should return to Sweden you should try to make it because it was fantastic. And he didn`t have time to cover History and Blood On The Dancefloor properly the last time.

- Yeah, I understand you perfectly that you didn`t want to miss it, and I`m glad it worked out for you. However, your friend took a little risk by bringing his phone into the seminar as we all had to leave all our bags and phones locked up for preventing this. He`s lucky he wasn`t caught because the guard was pretty big :)

Anyways, if he should return to Sweden you should try to make it because it was fantastic. And he didn`t have time to cover History and Blood On The Dancefloor properly the last time.

You're right. I didn't think of the perils and very glad that everything had an happy outcome. It must have been quite an experience of being there! I really hope that we will see a future DVD somewhere in the near future :)

Back