It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

MJJ_luv1991

Proud Member
It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month!! My aunt died of this horrible disease -- took her away from me when I was only 4 years old, so I never got to grow up knowing her. She never lived to see her living children get married or meet her grandsons, both born this year (March and 2 weeks ago).
I also know two women who have had a double mastectomy and one who had a single mastectomy.

Remember to get checked!! Buy the pink stuff to go towards finding the cure!

Let's fight to end this disease!

My mum had Breast Cancer, and it always reminds me to get checked because I don't want to go through what she has been through, and this disease is a nightmare and we must stop this disease!

Thanks for making this thread! :bow:

My grandmother had this disease when I was a teenager. She had a mastectomy.It never returned, but she ended up getting heart disease, which took her life at the age of 64 in 1988. I miss her everyday!!

Oh, and I wear my pink!!

I have two friends from a former church I went to, and they will be doing the Susan G. Komen 3 day race for the cure. Each has raised over $2,000 for the cause. Please keep Nancy, the mom, and a 10 year survivor, and her daughter Kristi, in your thoughts and prayers as they fight for the cure!!

I wish they found the cure for this awful disease already! It's taking so many lives...
My mum had breast cancer. It was very early stages and she's totally fine now, but it was a real eye-opener.
I used to think none of it could happen to me or my loved ones - well, think again.

Let's support the efforts to raise awareness and donate if we can so they find a cure.

Back