Issac hayes has died

elusive moonwalker

Guests
Soul legend Isaac Hayes dies
Posted: 03:49 PM ET

(CNN) — Soul singer and arranger Isaac Hayes, who won Grammy awards and an Oscar for the theme from the 1971 action film “Shaft,” has died at his home in Memphis, Tennessee, the Shelby County sheriff’s department reported Sunday.

Isaac Hayes dies

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - Musician Isaac Hayes died early Sunday morning, according to Shelby County Sheriff's Department spokesperson Steve Shular.

A Shelby County sheriff's deputy responded to Hayes' home after his wife found him on the floor near a treadmill inside his home.

Hayes was taken to Baptist East Hospital in Memphis, where he was pronounced dead at 2:08am.

Deputies with the Shelby County Sheriff's Department are continuing their investigation into Hayes' death, but they believe no foul play was involved.

This is the first I'm learning of his passing. Yesterday, I learned Bernie Mac died and I was shocked. I'm shocked again. RIP

i thought he was alot older than that. another legend gone RIP.

This is the first I'm learning of his passing. Yesterday, I learned Bernie Mac died and I was shocked. I'm shocked again. RIP
What's strange about this is that both Bernie and Isaac are in an upcoming movie called Soul Men which will also star Samuel L. Jackson.

The world has lost another great entertainer - RIP Isaac -1942-2008

soul_men.jpg

Quite possibly the last of his kind. Other than he and Curtis Mayfield, I really don't know any mainstream or popular musicians making music like he did.

R.I.P.

I'm said to hear he's passed away the great Issac Hayes as passed away. He was one of the true innovators in music.

RIP to Issac Hayes. A musical genius and a pioneer. He will be missed.

Dang, what a very sad weekend. I am still on the shock. *sigh* :(

A legend that will be truly miss. Thanks for the great music and talent. R.I.P.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll look out for it. It sounds like it would be interesting from the title.

What's strange about this is that both Bernie and Isaac are in an upcoming movie called Soul Men which will also star Samuel L. Jackson.

RIP one of the greatest ever songwriters, arrangers and Producers. He did well in Film truck turner, tv the rockford files back in the 70's and then later on Southpark as Chef. the Brother was badd he didn't confirm to anything he was his own man.

Back