Isn't it so fitting that bet awards is first music show to be able to pay tribute to michael ...

michael4eva

Proud Member
Michael had had so much joy with his association and appreciation to bet.To chose there to perform with his mentor..that is saying something .He knew he was an African American and was always proud of it ! It was ignornant people in the world who based their counter argument to this purely based on a skin colour..I duno if its fate or if that word exists.

But the fact is the biggest, most famous, African American a Music Awards show that celebrates essientally Black artists was the first show to be able to say anything about Michael since his passing

I guarantee every artist in that room would either consciously or sub consciously realise Michael was a Father to all of them.He was the Father of their music and the one they all looked to the top of the tree and saw what you could achieve as an African American entertainer.They were all his children and for them tonight their Father is no longer there to look up too.

But whether intentional or not, The BET awards which showed the LAST time Michael danced on tv for an audience and who also got the gift of dancing with his idol and mentor (and who was purely happy on stage and to be with his people and completely secure in himself and who felt loved as ever) but is now the FIRST show on tv to have the opportunity to pay tribute to him, and who does it go too? His people

SO fitting and beautiful i think, It's like Michael is up there saying , thanks and love to all of you as performers and as a race...hmmm..Tonights show will be so emotional and beautiful I think...anyone got thoughts?

That is nice, but for the most part BET is trash with bling & booty videos all day.

If anyone watched BET...Arsenio Hall just summed up what i think and said basically ! looool ...He said it so beautifully...
respect to Arsenio hall

Maybe be, But for what is represents and has done down the years and how important it is for African American performers, that is all that matters...Arsenio just said it all perfecty lol

It was better in the Donnie Simpson days, but they wanted a younger audience and it went downhill just like MTV and the rest.

Duran , do you have a link to that picture you have off all the jacksons and joe...looks so rare and intriguing

Duran , do you have a link to that picture you have off all the jacksons and joe...looks so rare and intriguing
No, I have it stored on a disk. I think I put it in the Family Pics thread, but don't know what page it is on.

Back