Is there such thing as a real CSI like on the show?

KB50MJ

Proud Member
Now I know there are real CSI's and stuff like that. But I've always heard that the procedures of the CSI's on the show don't depict real life.

Like the CSI's investigate crime scenes(which they are supposed to do. But the ones on the show also conduct raids, engage in suspect pursuit and arrest, interrogate suspects, and solve cases, which falls under the responsibility of uniformed officers and detectives, not CSI personnel. Although some detectives are also registered CSIs, this is exceedingly rare in actual life.

But is there a department out there that actually allows CSI's to do such things?

If someone wanted to do all of those things mentioned above, what profession would be best?

Something tells me detective, becuase they get to do all that plus sometimes they can do some CSI work.

But what do you think?
Edit/Delete Message

Yes, but it takes a long amount of time, sometimes years.

And DNA precedures are not that quick like what people see on the show. Sometimes some killers, rapists or other criminals don't have a DNA profile in that database. So hence at times it takes years sometimes to solve crimes.

And to answer the question I don't know if that is. But I do know about how CSI in the make believe differs from RL forensically.

Here is some reference (s) for your interested in Forensic Science/Evidence

[PDF] PREPARED BY:
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
see the Political Science website: www.uakron.edu/polisci. ... http://www.uakron.edu/advising/docs/GEN-EDUC.pdf ... 2220:251 Criminal Investigation ...
www.uakron.edu/advising/docs/3700-01-10-11.pdf

US Army Criminal Investigation Command
As the Army's primary criminal investigative organization, the "CID" is responsible for the conduct of criminal investigations in which the Army is, ...
www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/cid.htm - Cached - Similar

Criminal Investigative Psychology
Criminal Investigative Psychology is the area in Forensic Psychology that is least likely to be acknowledged. The majority of people see this as merely a ...
www.wcupa.edu/_Academics/sch_cas.psy/.../Subfield5.htm - Cached - Similar

As Always

:angel:

Back