Is There Any Way We can get in touch with the estate about Promotion Ideas

billyworld99

Proud Member
I don't think the amount of promotion is what really matters for examples look at rihanna she had the biggest promotion campaign for her new album and her a;bum didn't exactly meet def jam's expections and p diddy been promoting his like crazy and only sold over 87,000 but i think its about how creative the promotion is that really catch the music buyers attention and with the next single hopefully being a uptempo many fans on twitters been giving some great promotion idea on the album if we could only write to john branca about this

Well Sony knows what they are doing, maybe they dont want to promote it the same way we want to ?

MJ was always about big promotion and big sales but unfortunatly MJ is not there anymore and I dont think Sony wants big bluckbuster ( Invest more money) in promotion.

They want it to sell but not much and I can understand them, maybe they make more profit knowing the big fanbase

i dont think they would take outside ideas. people like that usually dont

i know:yes:it dont matter how little or big the promotion you just dont know how well its going to sell but for any singer :no:

it's Sony's business,isn't it.
Sony just puts the CD on shelf , then stands behind the counter doing nothing

Aren't you a boycotter?

First of all, what in the world would make you think that? Second of all, what difference would that make? and third of all, what I said is true; nobody would need to be worrying about promotion if Sony was doing what they're supposed to do...

Last edited:
First of all, what in the world would make you think that? Second of all, what difference would that make? and third of all, what I said is true; nobody would need to be worrying about promotion if Sony was doing what they're supposed to do...

And your answer to the original question......???

The estate (branca) wants nothing to do with the fans. So good luck with that.

You will get thank yous in booklets.

I don't know. From a fan's standpoint, I feel the promotion of this album is underwhelming. I have seen no impact since the day of the announement. Basicaly, no one but fans talks about the album.

But, may be, I just need to live with the fact that this is gonna be the way Sony handles Michael's posthumous release going foward. The reality is that there will be no live performance, no award show appearance, no tour to support the album.

Just like waht elusive moonwalker mentioned before, posthumous release is glorified leaks.

The estate (branca) wants nothing to do with the fans. So good luck with that.

You will get thank yous in booklets.

How do you know that?

I know differently, the guy knows what he's doing as do Sony.

well in Athens we did last SAturday a great party, but Sony Greece did not care at all ...I wish I could have contacted the Estate somehow, here the album support is minimal, no tv, no radio, just us the fans took it to the top and made it Gold first week.

^^ as in John branca talking to Sony about countries who haven't realy seen any promotion

They are in the business of making money. A few die yards boycotting an album doesn't do anything.

At the end of the day those evil guys at Sony records spent 250 mill to distribute projects. The estate control content.
These 10 projects will be wrapped up in 2 years. They wanna get in and out.

It's not their job to please fans or live up to their ridiculous expectations..

Back