Is there a new or re-released thriller on the way?

Silentstar01

Proud Member
The reason I ask is because I talked to a friend of mine last night who works at target and she said, "I thought about you today. I was putting up new cds which we can't put out until their release date and saw Michael Jackson's thriller/new cd that doesn't come out until after thanksgiving."

I was like HUH?

So I dont know if this has been discussed in another topic and if so then I apologize but I am confused.

Anyone know?

Amy

No, I haven't heard anything about that.

Besides, a couple days ago, I made myself my own Thriller Special Edition. Better than anything that has been put out yet!

i think they have repacked the thriller/off the wall double album pack again with a new sleeve pic.... so its been out before but this is just normal behaviour for sony (put a new pic of mike on the cover and looney fans will buy it )..
bad/dangerous dbl pack is the same...
and botdf/invincible.....
yawn.....
:bugeyed

I really wish they would release with a definitive edition that included the recently leaked demos as well as ones that no one has ever heard. it would be the only edition of Thriller anyone would ever need. In fact, I wish they would give all of his albums a similar treatment.

I put together my own ultimate edition of Thriller the other day by using the album tracks from the Japanese 1st pressing of the Thriller CD, and combining them with a 2nd disc containing the 15 leaked demos plus got the hots, and all the demos included on the 2001 special edition, and the ultimate collection.

Last edited:
I really wish they would release with a definitive edition that included the recently leaked demos as well as ones that no one has ever heard. it would be the only edition of Thriller anyone would ever need. In fact, I wish they would give all of his albums a similar treatment.

I put together my own ultimate edition of Thriller the other day by using the album tracks from the Japanese 1st pressing of the Thriller CD, and combining them with a 2nd disc containing the 15 leaked demos plus got the hots, and all the demos included on the 2001 special edition, and the ultimate collection.

That'd be awesome if they would release "definitive" editions of each CD... :dancin:

EDIT: Would you happen to mind posting the tracklist for your ultimate edition? I'm interested in doing the same.

That'd be awesome if they would release "definitive" editions of each CD... :dancin:

EDIT: Would you happen to mind posting the tracklist for your ultimate edition? I'm interested in doing the same.

Disc 1: Original Album (Japan 1st Pressing)

1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
2. Baby Be Mine
3. The Girl Is Mine [With Paul McCartney]
4. Thriller
5. Beat It
6. Billie Jean
7. Human Nature
8. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
9. The Lady In My Life

Disc 2: Demos and Unreleased Tracks

1. Nite Line
2. Carousel
3. Hot Street
4. The Girl is Mine (Solo Demo)
5. Starlight (Demo)
6. Baby Be Mine (Demo)
7. Billie Jean (Demo)
8. Startin' Somthin' (Demo)
9. P.Y.T. (Instrumental)
10. Trouble (Demo)
11. Slapstick (Demo)
12. Nite Line (Writer's Demo)
13. Carousel (Writer's Demo)
14. Trouble (Writer's Demo)
15. Human Nature (Writer's Demo)
16. Billie Jean (Home Demo) - From Thriller 2001 S.E.
17. P.Y.T. (Demo) - From The Ultimate Collection
18. Got The Hots - From Thriller 25 Japan Edition
19. Thriller Voice Over Sessions with Vincent Price - From Thriller 2001 S.E.

I know I could have fit more tracks on the first disc like extended mixes and such, but I wanted the original album to be confined to its own disc, the way it was meant to be heard. I didn't include "Someone in the Dark" because I don't consider it to be a part of the Thriller sessions, It was meant for the E.T. Storybook Album.

Last edited:
So soon after the TII cd? I doubt it.

2. Baby Be Mine
4. Thriller
5. Beat It
6. Billie Jean
7. Human Nature
9. The Lady In My Life

1. Nite Line
2. Carousel
3. Hot Street
5. Starlight (Demo)
6. Baby Be Mine (Demo)
7. Billie Jean (Demo)
9. P.Y.T. (Instrumental)
10. Trouble (Demo)
11. Slapstick (Demo)

I know I could have fit more tracks on the first disc like extended mixes and such, but I wanted the original album to be confined to its own disc, the way it was meant to be heard. I didn't include "Someone in the Dark" because I don't consider it to be a part of the Thriller sessions, It was meant for the E.T. Storybook Album.

What about 'The lady in my life' full 6minute version and Trouble (final version)?

What about 'The lady in my life' full 6minute version and Trouble (final version)?

I don't have a decent quality copy of the final version of Trouble that would match the quality of the rest of the tracks, and I tried to put "The Lady In My Life" on disc 2 but it wouldn't fit. I suppose I could have put it on Disc 1, but I was trying to preserve the original album sequence.

Actually, That gives me an idea though. I may try making a Thriller Disc with the original 9 tracks, but with the album versions The Lady in my Life and Billie Jean replaced with their full versions.

Last edited:

what the difference with the regular and Japan 1st Pressing ?

Wouldn't surprise me. There's so much material from that era to work with. They could stretch out re-re-re-re-re-releases for years and years lol. Unreleased tracks, demos, alternate unreleased tracks, alternate demos, studio footage, photoshoot footage, making-of footage, all that stuff.

2. Baby Be Mine
4. Thriller
5. Beat It
6. Billie Jean
7. Human Nature
9. The Lady In My Life

1. Nite Line
2. Carousel
3. Hot Street
5. Starlight (Demo)
6. Baby Be Mine (Demo)
7. Billie Jean (Demo)
9. P.Y.T. (Instrumental)
10. Trouble (Demo)
11. Slapstick (Demo)

how much of slapstick do you have, i can only get about 40 seconds of it

Where can I find Michael's Demos? I'm a relatively new fan, 17yrs old and I would love to hear some of his classics.

Back