is there a difference between a sociopath and...

Proud Member
a person who acts out due to tough economical times?

i don't think so, especially since i have seen the behaviour repeated, everytime financial things get tough...yet there are people who want to separate the two...or say that there is a big difference between criminals who live in inner city neighborhoods who have criminal tendencies, and..people in neighborhoods where you wouldn't expect that activity to happen, but are affected by tough economic times. i say that they all belong in the same category...here is an article on what one might consider a controversial topic. also..i think the media, in a way, supports this behaviour..as if the money or the lack thereof, is to blame. even when they write their headlines..there seems to be a subtleness to the way the headline is written. i am not a supporter of that, at all.
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.co...sperate-times-desperate-people.aspx?GT1=33001

what do you think?

Last edited:
they're all in the same category and crime rates would go up universally in any one population. it's only logical to assume if crime was already embedded in particular areas, then they'd increase more so than before alongside seeing it begin to flourish in other parts. this is from a NYTimes article i came across recently:

1010-met-webCRIME.jpg

Back