Is the Media Respect Over Already??

ArabianGirl~AllTheTime

Proud Member
Since June it seemed to me that Michael was finally getting the respect and understanding of the media. Nobody was making fun of him anymore or saying bad things about him. People really began to see how great he is and all the wonderful things that he contributes to our every day lives. But is that all coming to an end? Does the media now think that enough time has gone by now and they can get back to their old ways?? I watched South Park last night and I was disgusted at how they portrayed Michael's spirit. Also the clip found in this thread-- http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77937 where a skit show has people playing the Jackson Five with their faces painted black in a distasteful way. I think Michael and his family deserve much more respect than that. Why can't people seem to understand that MJ is a human too and deserves his peace in this world?

the media never respected him. there were still videos being made, making fun of him, after June 25. yes, there was mixed stuff being written, and only the fans uproar is why the media would mention spikes in sales since June 25. and they covered the memorial, only because over a billion fans around the world were greatly interested, and the media wanted the ratings and the money.

oh who cares about the media! They're just a bunch of attention seeking cry babies! no one takes them seriously these days anyway... kinda sad when you think about it. they're more known for spreading lies and rumors than anything else.

They've tried to tear MJ and his legacy down for ages without succeeding... yeah they're just pathetic, nothing more.

hmmm.. media respect.. well, yes there was some, just not to get all the angry fans at them.. for 1/2 of their time..

1 good thing about Michael, 10 bad things... Media ratio..

It's gone, really. I saw the mj&baby-balcony pic in the news again. First time since many month.

I am ashamed to be from Australia after that skit. It so horrible, so disgusting.
& yes I agree with you all.

If they dont have something nice to say, dont say it at all.

sorry... there has been no respect given by the media. even in the immediate aftermath of the passing.
the day of the memorial different media outlets, anchors, guests were bashing MJ... the day of private burial they were doing the bashing...
every negative salacious thing gets publicized and reported.... but the the autopsy reveals Mike was healthy... no sign of drugs... the media doesn't report it.

maybe its different in other countries... but MJ has never gotten fair play from the media in the U.S.

well thats what you should expect from these worthless a**holes
they never were on his side anyway they just slowed down a little at the memorial then came back with stories crazier and stupider than ever
sadly some ppl are pathetic enough to give them attention and believe them

The media has never respected Michael and sadly I do not think this will ever change. it breaks my heart to hear the lies they tell but I am beginning to think they will never be held accountable.

Julia

I never noticed any new found respect hon. That is one of the reasons I always defend and say good things about the King of Pop. You can always find negative stuff in media where ever you look.

I refuse to watch South Park. I don't care if some people keep saying it could have been worst. My reply is it could have been better.

Honestly though! when has the media ever been positive or respective to any celebrity? I know Michael got the worst treatment of them all, but really, there's no such thing as "respect from the media"

Honestly though! when has the media ever been positive or respective to any celebrity? I know Michael got the worst treatment of them all, but really, there's no such thing as "respect from the media"

Media is f'ed up. Just like people. People are evil. We should learn from Michael's example... Evil in this world will never die. But we should not pay attention to it. As long as we have our beloved Michael to carry us on, we are safe.

oh who cares about the media! They're just a bunch of attention seeking cry babies! no one takes them seriously these days anyway... kinda sad when you think about it. they're more known for spreading lies and rumors than anything else.

They've tried to tear MJ and his legacy down for ages without succeeding... yeah they're just pathetic, nothing more.

sad to say but alot of people take them seriously, theres an awful lot of people i know that are so ignorant they believe anything they read in the papers, not just MJ stuff but anything at all. i try to point out that its all wrong but the usual reply is..... "yeah, but it says here" :banghead:
i myself never buy a news paper.

sad to say but alot of people take them seriously, theres an awful lot of people i know that are so ignorant they believe anything they read in the papers, not just MJ stuff but anything at all. i try to point out that its all wrong but the usual reply is..... "yeah, but it says here" :banghead:
i myself never buy a news paper.

yeah I guess you're right, it's really sad when people let the media think and make opinions for them. Especially considering how unreliable they've become.

The media was nice same days after his dead but then they got worse then ever.
I wasn´t a fan but I thought he was nice and I was happy for him when this is it concerts were sold out so quickly.
I started to defend him when I could write a comment to the articles.
If you have common sense you know he had a real nose and of course he was examined and drugtested before the rehearsals and if he had taken drugs it hadn´t been any concerts.
I didn´t know anything about MJ and drugs but I never believed he was addicted to it.
Any other artist could have drugproblems but not Michael Jackson.
Later I learned he had had drugproblems and I can understand why he took it.
The media was so mean to him and it made me love him.

I didn't even know that they had respect considering what they were willing to put on air not giving a crap if it's true or false from June 25th and onwards.

Back