Is Shakira the next Michael Jackson?

ElleBella

Proud Member
PLEASE READ FIRST!

No, not in that way...

Someone just retweeted this

PerezHilton: @Shakira So your label is upset that you´re leaving for Live Nation and they are trying to sabotage you. All makes sense now! SHAME on them!

9 minutes ago

I know, it's Perez Hilton, but it's funny he said but guess who Shakira's label is, SONY.

I dunno, just an observation

Last edited:
I was going to be like *sssiigghhh* not another one of these threads but then I read :D!

No, not in that way...
Someone just retweeted this

PerezHilton: @Shakira So your label is upset that you´re leaving for Live Nation and they are trying to sabotage you. All makes sense now! SHAME on them!

9 minutes ago

I know, it's Perez Hilton, but it's funny he said but guess who Shakira's label is, SONY.

I dunno, just an observation

Oooh :/

I was watching a program about Latino music and they were talking about Shakira and Tommy Mottola was on there talking about how he/Sony transformed her to the mainstream. I was watching him like grrrrr. I also watched something with Mariah talking about Tommy and it was pretty scary some things she was saying. So how is Sony sabotaging Shakira then?

Er-- no!

Plenty of artists get shafted.

Sony is just a dumb label....

I do not know which tour was, but I know that Live Nation took care of the American part of this tour. I remember I've heard rumor about Shakira to go to Live Nation. Madonna also went to Live Nation.

Is Shakira the next Michael Jackson? :scratch::doh:

Definitely not. No artist will replace Michael... NEVER! :punk: (And I love Shakira too)

I'm not talking about musically, talking about how his relationship with Sony was.
I know no one can be as great at Michael was musically and dance wise.

But mike stayed with sony right ? , why would/did they "sabotage" him

Briefly....

Around the Invincible era, Michael decided to leave Sony so I believe they stopped all future projects, thing such as singles and short films, except the release of the actual album. I believe Michael's representative, lawyer or something like that was also working for Sony which of course created conflict. Also, I won't explain it as it's going off topic but basically Michael 'didn't like' Mottola. If you have a look around the internet then there will probably be all this explained in much more detail. :)

Even with not much promotion, Invincible sold alot of albums. Imagine what could have happened if they allowed Michael to take it in the direction he wanted...

Is Shakira the next Michael Jackson? :scratch::doh:

Definitely not. No artist will replace Michael... NEVER! :punk: (And I love Shakira too)

I think it's literally impossible to be better or as great as mike , most dance moves have been made now its hard to be innovative

Thats not what ElleBella is talking about..

Lol.. I think people are MISREADING/NOT READING the original post.

This is how ElleBella starts her post -

Is Shakira the next Michael Jackson? No, not in that way.
Slow down and read.

ElleBella - maybe you need to emphasise what you mean more in your original post...cuz people are getting it wrong.

Slow down and read.

ElleBella - maybe you need to emphasise what you mean more in your original post...cuz people are getting it wrong.

Watch, it will soon turn that way.

Bye Bye

:moonwalk

Slow down and read.

In "Our" defense how are we suppose to know what "not in that way" means , to us it could have meant anything , not hatin' on anyone just saying

In "Our" defense how are we suppose to know what "not in that way" means , to us it could have meant anything , not hatin' on anyone just saying

Well, what did you think when you saw the title 'Is Shakira the next Michael Jackson?' what did you think that meant?... exactly...so 'not in that way' means not in that way, (the way that you were thinking). The thread title is also supposed to be humourous..in reference to all these ''Is whoever the next Michael Jackson?'' threads - if you'd seen them thats another way you'd know what 'not in that way' meant. Plus the fact that she went on to explain exactly what she meant in the rest of the post. By the way I hope you don't read my 'tone' as stressed or 'know it all' or anything.. I'm just trying to explain..and omg I can't keep my eyes open I'm so tired.

:bugeyed Calm...

I understood, but the title of the thread has double meaning, hence the confusion. I guess I better change the title if possible. (I think.)

Sorry again. :)

Don't worry, your not the only one who got confused. x

Last edited:
Well, what did you think when you saw the title 'Is Shakira the next Michael Jackson?' what did you think that meant?... exactly...so 'not in that way' means not in that way, (the way that you were thinking). The thread title is also supposed to be humourous..in reference to all these ''Is whoever the next Michael Jackson?'' threads - if you'd seen them thats another way you'd know what 'not in that way' meant. Plus the fact that she went on to explain exactly what she meant in the rest of the post.

Don't worry, your not the only one who got confused. x

It's funny you say that cause as soon as i read the title of the thread i though straight away , does she mean in terms of sony and records labels ;)

It's funny you say that cause as soon as i read the title of the thread i though straight away , does she mean in terms of sony and records labels ;)
:lol: shusssh im too tired to have my head mixed up.

btw you quoted me before I edited my post - i hope you see it i want you to know what i added.

If everyone had read the original post, there would be no confusion :\

Oops, sorry for the confusion. It's how I roll....
ugh I suck at trying to be funny

Back