IS ORIGINAL ALBUM VERSION OF xscape AND A PLACE WITH NO NAME THE SAME AS LEAKED ONES?

Condor9333

Proud Member
IS ORIGINAL ALBUM VERSIONS (AS SEEN ON DISC 2) OF ESCAPE AND A PLACE WITH NO NAME THE SAME AS LEAKED ONES,JUST IN BETTER QUALITY?

APWNN 4:56 (Album), 5:17 (Leaked)
XSCAPE 05:44 (Album), 5:47 (Leaked)

Is there some chours more in leaked apwnn or what since its longer?

The mixing of the album versions is better compared to the leaked versions. I am able to pick out more ad libs, etc. in Xscape and have noticed sounds and words that I haven't noticed or been able to decipher in the leaked version. I also noticed the background vocals in the intro to APWNN for the first time (unless these are missing from the leaked version).

The instrumental section from the middle of APWNN was shortened.

The mixing of the album versions is better compared to the leaked versions. I am able to pick out more ad libs, etc. in Xscape and have noticed sounds and words that I haven't noticed or been able to decipher in the leaked version. I also noticed the background vocals in the intro to APWNN for the first time (unless these are missing from the leaked version).

Okay, thanks.
Well yes thats logical since Xscape leaked many years ago in 128kbps MP3 ,and album version is much better so you can hear more background sounds..

vocal parts seem the same on APWNN.
only change @2:36 ongoing, they left out that instrumental part, which i actually liked :/

the outro got shortened a bit.

vocal parts seem the same on APWNN.
only change @2:36 ongoing, they left out that instrumental part, which i actually liked :/

the outro got shortened a bit.

Michael Durham Prince said that they looped the ending on the 2008 mix of APWNN which is most likely the explanation, personally i think the original version that was released is the first mix done by Michael & Dr. Freeze.

In the 2002 leak of Xscape, during the first chorus there is no synths (only vocal + beats) until the line, "the man with the pen..."

but in the disc 2 original version, the synth is added right at the beginning of the first chorus "Xscape, gotta get away from the system..."

Also in the 2nd verse of the disc 2 original version, MJ's deep vocal of "i'm tired of silly games, time to make a change" is much more prominent in the deeper voice. It's been brought forward. In the 2002 leak this deep vocal is buried in the background.

I also noticed that Xscape was a different mix than the leaked version, I personally preffer the old leaked one but they are about 98% the same. I also noticed that the first chorus on Xscape now introduces the synth pad/string section as soon as the chorus starts instead of holding on for a couple of bars. And the back vocals in the chorus are louder than the back vocals in the verses now, they just jump out as soon as the transition from the verses are over.. Odd mix..

I also noticed that Xscape was a different mix than the leaked version, I personally preffer the old leaked one but they are about 98% the same. I also noticed that the first chorus on Xscape now introduces the synth pad/string section as soon as the chorus starts instead of holding on for a couple of bars. And the back vocals in the chorus are louder than the back vocals in the verses now, they just jump out as soon as the transition from the verses are over.. Odd mix..

I'm finding a number of differences between the leaked songs and those on Xscape's second CD.

You're right, the synth chords start immediately on the first chorus of Xscape. The instrumental section in the middle of A Place With No Name is shorter too.

Another difference that is bugging me is on Blue Gangsta. Starting from the first pre-chorus section (e.g. "Look what you done to me, baby...") there has almost always been a subtle-but-noticeable synth sound in the background of the leaked version which isn't present on the CD version. There's also a digital ticking sound in certain parts and the bridge is shorter. Weird.

I think I prefer the leaked version of Blue Gangsta. Those background sounds make a difference. It sounds... 'fuller'.

These are more than likely the very first versions that Michael worked on, which explains why they're very alternative as far as mixing and production goes. Same goes with Blue Gangsta: if you listen to the released mix compared to the 2010 leak, the original has a calmer instrumentation.

These are more than likely the very first versions that Michael worked on, which explains why they're very alternative as far as mixing and production goes. Same goes with Blue Gangsta: if you listen to the released mix compared to the 2010 leak, the original has a calmer instrumentation.
all 2010 leaks were posthumous reworks/mixes. Even LNFSG seems to be denoised and overdubbed with a new piano layer.

Back