Is Mike protective of the songs he writes himself?

analogue

Proud Member
We all know that Mike is a humble guy who generaly don't mind other people co-writting songs with him, but on the albums have there been any songs where Michael says ''This is my song that i'm writting alone and i don't want anyone else touching it''

Yes, just like any artist, inventor, he feels that they are like his children...

I've never heard Michael say anything like that, but i'd imagine that rhe songs he's written himself are probably a bit more special to him than those that he didn't write.

Yes, just like any artist, inventor, he feels that they are like his children...

I hear that!

Michael has described it as a "birthing process" so to speak, that there is a "gestation" time for the songs, and they are his own, his babies. I'm protective of my songs too, I feel the exact same way. I like sharing them for people to hear and read, but they are my BABIES!

I sing a song that someone else wrote, I can really feel it and get into it if it's one I can identify with. But with my babies, it's different. It's a different passion, a different...something there. It's ME, not someone else. Extremely protective.

I guess Michael has specific songs he works on that he has no wish to collaborate on. I would presume that the songs he collaborates on are either songs that he's manly written and composed like Dangerous, This Time Around etc but feels he needs a sound added to it by someone who is a pro in a specific genre. And other songs are created from scratch with a collaborator.

I think that during an interview Quincy Jones said ''Michael is an amazing songwritter and when he starts writting a tune you can't mess with it''

I don't remember the exaxt quote but it was something like that

yea and seeing how as some are personal to him he has the right 2be lol

I think that during an interview Quincy Jones said ''Michael is an amazing songwritter and when he starts writting a tune you can't mess with it''

I don't remember the exaxt quote but it was something like that

That's cool, I'd like to read the exact words. Because it's true.

yeah of course, any songwriter should be. especially the structure and melody.

he would only ask their opinion on a final re-write if he was was having trouble. my guess anyway.

Back