Is it true the pressing has been late?

Topflux

Proud Member
I have heard that the pressing of Michael cd has been pretty much late (because of the amounts it should be pressed) all around and that's probably lowering the sales, too? My friends in different countries haven't got the cd because it just doesn't exist even in some of the bigger shops.. If that's true those predicted chart positions are really good? But it's also very bad because the debut charting is the most important.

I don't think so. Here in Germany it was already aviable in the shops 1 day before the official release date.

I just don't understand what would be the other reason if it doesn't exist all around the world. We have to remember that wouldn't affect the overall sales but it surely affects chart positions.

At the same time I heard (a rumour) that the actual reason would have been those Cascio track controversy. That it would have been pressed some and then pressed again? Does anyone know did they really rushed to better Michael's voice some still after leaks?

It's just a fact it doesn't exist all around despite of the release date?

I don't think so. Here in Germany it was already aviable in the shops 1 day before the official release date.

It could be there but I mean all around the world.. Also in parts of US and UK?

well i work in the biggest retailer in the UK (HMV) and we have had the CD for about a week and were selling the CD a day early (sunday 12th), and we have HUNDREDS

so i dont think theres been an issue

well i work in the biggest retailer in the UK (HMV) and we have had the CD for about a week and were selling the CD a day early (sunday 12th), and we have HUNDREDS

so i dont think theres been an issue
And have you been selling loads? How quick is it moving in comparison to others

So you can find it all around? Not only in the biggest stores?

Yes...........Sony just doesn't know how to function as a Music Label any more!!!!!!!

I have heard that the pressing of Michael cd has been pretty much late (because of the amounts it should be pressed) all around and that's probably lowering the sales, too? My friends in different countries haven't got the cd because it just doesn't exist even in some of the bigger shops.. If that's true those predicted chart positions are really good? But it's also very bad because the debut charting is the most important.

That could be true. I went to Walmart in my small town on Tues. and they didn't have it available yet. So I don't know. Maybe they are delayed. Anyway, I'm buying online like crazy.

India has the secong largest population in the world and the largest number of MJ fans! Yet, the biggest of music outlets here have 'no clue' about the new album! No promotion anywhere! Tata Docomo, a major mobile service provider have tied up with Sony to give unreleased songs to its subscribers so very rarely there is a Tata Docomo advertisement that plays the album promo without the voice saying 'Greatest artist of all time', or 'new album out now' or anything like that!

India has the secong largest population in the world and the largest number of MJ fans! Yet, the biggest of music outlets here have 'no clue' about the new album! No promotion anywhere! Tata Docomo, a major mobile service provider have tied up with Sony to give unreleased songs to its subscribers so very rarely there is a Tata Docomo advertisement that plays the album promo without the voice saying 'Greatest artist of all time', or 'new album out now' or anything like that!

Sony Music India managing director Shridhar Subramaniam said,
"We at Sony Music India are extremely excited to launch Michael Jackson's new album-
"Michael" in India. Michael Jackson stands apart from all other international artists in India
his popularity cuts across age, language and towns. We will pull out all the stops to make
Michael's new music available to all his fans in India."
http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=17458

its been selling quite well, not as well as i had guessed with a michael album, but a lot of fans are refusing to buy it.

but the sales show that the album is still doing well

I have been seeing the Tata/Sony ads for Michael several times per evening on Starworld, the first advert for MJ on tv I have seen since 2001! any idea what the unreleased songs are?

They had a small section of them at my local Wal-Mart but I didn't see too many, and there wasn't any promotion for it at all that i could find.

Sony Music India managing director Shridhar Subramaniam said,
"We at Sony Music India are extremely excited to launch Michael Jackson's new album-
"Michael" in India. Michael Jackson stands apart from all other international artists in India
his popularity cuts across age, language and towns. We will pull out all the stops to make
Michael's new music available to all his fans in India."
http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=17458

But it can't be released until one of the songs is replaced with 'Bollywood Tonight'..?

Back