Is it safe to buy a mobile/cell phone from ebay?

moonwalker5885

Proud Member
Is it safe to buy a mobile/cell phone from ebay? I would like to buy the Sony Ericsson C905. Its the first phone to have a 8 mega pixel camera. I would to take it to Michael's concert in July because I have a feeling that camera will be prohibited. The phone from main phone dealers are really expensive. On ebay, some sellers are selling for really low and reasonable prices.
Anyone got one? Is it worth getting?

Any advice?

Really honestly, it will be fine. There are a LOT of genuine sellers on Ebay, but there are also some idiots on there aswell who like to take advantage (though you are protected up to £500.00 via PayPal so I would ALWAYS suggest paying that way).

I have bought 2 phones off EBay and have had no problem with them, and I have also sold some of my Dad's old phones on there, and I'm a genuine seller :)

Just have a good luck at the seller's feedback, read carefully and see if they have sold phones before and the comments from the buyers.

You really do take a chance on Ebay, and I know it can be a lot of money you're playing with (I spent over £100 on a phone on there before) but most people are genuine :) And you are always protected via Ebay and Paypal.

Also, make sure the phone is sent Recorded Delivery if you decide to buy one :)

Really honestly, it will be fine. There are a LOT of genuine sellers on Ebay, but there are also some idiots on there aswell who like to take advantage (though you are protected up to £500.00 via PayPal so I would ALWAYS suggest paying that way).

I have bought 2 phones off EBay and have had no problem with them, and I have also sold some of my Dad's old phones on there, and I'm a genuine seller :)

Just have a good luck at the seller's feedback, read carefully and see if they have sold phones before and the comments from the buyers.

You really do take a chance on Ebay, and I know it can be a lot of money you're playing with (I spent over £100 on a phone on there before) but most people are genuine :) And you are always protected via Ebay and Paypal.

Also, make sure the phone is sent Recorded Delivery if you decide to buy one :)

Thank you so much for the advice. Sometimes it's just hard to believe how cheap some of the phones are. The Sony Ericsson C905 is about £200-£300 from phone retailers and on ebay they are listed like 99p!!

if you want a mobile/cellphone from ebay look for powersellers they are recommended also look at the sellers feedback

but all should be fine i was thinking a few weeks back of buying a dell laptop off there but didnt manage to get round to it

another thing always read the description of the item for sale to make sure it fit's ur exact need's

hope u succeed in buying one

I don't think there is any problems in buying Cell Phone from ebay.I bought Blackberry mobile Lots last yr.Just got them in great condition,just be alert about Seller's feedback as a seller and you will be fine.Like somebody here said Power Sellers are always good to buy from.:cheeky:

Thank you so much for the advice. Sometimes it's just hard to believe how cheap some of the phones are. The Sony Ericsson C905 is about £200-£300 from phone retailers and on ebay they are listed like 99p!!

I always do that though :) I start off all of my listings at 99p even if they're worth loads more as it attracts buyers..

Just be careful and read the item description/feedback thoroughly so that you know exactly what you're buying, and don't be afraid to email the seller with any questions :)

I don't know about other sellers, but I sold my phone in the past on eBay and I was legit. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the advice. I am planning to buy the Sony Ericsson C905. 8 mega pixel camera in it!! Thought it would be a good idea taking that to MJ concert because even if we are denied cameras, they cant stop us from taking mobile phones.

Back