is it just me...? that never feared death...

breathless.bistra

Proud Member
maybe Im a weird person - even since a kid
well my mom passed away when I was at 10 - and the only feeling i got then was the long big pain that shes gone - but even since then I kinda started reading and researching about this mystery called death !
Specially just then at 10 I started living with faith in Lord that even more let me free myself from any fear of death and till now I realy read with interest every topic related to death - from afterlife stories and views, immortality of the soul to the postmortem events that occur in the body - even CSI is interesting as they talk about different causes and priocesses of death in the body (actually sometimes watching CSI makes you keep yourself more healthy)...

Hope you dont take me wrong - Im not a morbid freak and its not all I think about, but... - I just started with the time find it like natural event in life (I mean when it occur in natural causes or accidents). And live with internal respect to the dead - Some say their spirit lives around us helping us and supporting us - maybe Heaven is closer to us then we imagine - its just the other side that we dont see.

Of course I feel pain when someone I love passes out and the feel that hes not among us anymore and I feel pain for the world great person waste when hes gone - but sometimes I feel like egoist if they are at better place and I want them back to this world full of problems and pain... So then I start live with the thought that they can still be part of our live - just in other invisible form of live... all I could do is just respect them

Sometimes just for metaphore I could involve it in art and poetry as something normal in our live - but lot of ppl dont get me why I talk of it so free... I realy dont want to freak out anyone... I just dont see death as end of life...

Sometimes I start thinking Im a weird and nuts person when it comes to this...

sorry about your mom. the way i see it is that death is a part of life it should not be feared. we must leave this life in order to start the next.

sorry about your mum

In a way I am scared of death, maybe it's because of the unknown, but I do have heaps of faith in Jesus and I'm not as scared anymore.

^ sorry about both of your moms. My stepmom was killed in a motorcycle crash and you know... I don't fear death itself at all, or what is after. I honestly have more fear in how it would happen...if that makes any sense? I'm a little bit of a wimp so I think I fear being in immense pain or suffocating or going through the kind of pain my step mom did. But I don't fear actually dying.

Sorry bout your mum too..

Since I was in a fire on the first of januari 2001 I've lost my fear of dying... It was a fire in a bar, 14 people passed away, and I almost lost life... The total peace you find when you just let go is the best feeling I've ever felt, since then I believe that passing away can't be a bad thing.

I don't wanna die though, I love my friends and family and wouldnt want to miss one single moment with them... and ofcourse build a family of my own..

To get back to the question, not affraid, but hate it when people I love have to leave this world.

Back