iPod Touch to iPhone 4

Arklove

Proud Member
Country
Canada
I just got an iPhone and I'm trying to transfer everything from my iPod to my iPhone....The problem is that it seems like only certain parts are transferring....For example...All my apps and settings and stuff of that nature have transferred over, and only about maybe 10% of my music...I don't understand what's going wrong....

Can anyone help? :praying:

Please and thanks!

sorry i dont know :no:i have got an iphone :yes:but i dont put music on it :no:i just buy it :yes:

I'm guessing that you're doing the transfer with iTunes. As far as I know, you can only transfer files that have been purchased from iTunes from an iPod to iTunes/other iPod. However, if your music files are also on iTunes, then you can just choose the files you want to transfer from iTunes and move them to your iPhone instead of syncing your iPod touch with the iPhone. To do this you have to make sure that you've chosen to handle your music files manually (you can do this from the summary window of your iPod). If you're a mac-user there's also a lot of software online that allows you to transfer music files (that haven't been purchased from iTunes) from an iPod/iPhone to a mac (iDisk comes to mind). I hope this helps at least a little. :)

I'm guessing that you're doing the transfer with iTunes. As far as I know, you can only transfer files that have been purchased from iTunes from an iPod to iTunes/other iPod. However, if your music files are also on iTunes, then you can just choose the files you want to transfer from iTunes and move them to your iPhone instead of syncing your iPod touch with the iPhone. To do this you have to make sure that you've chosen to handle your music files manually (you can do this from the summary window of your iPod). If you're a mac-user there's also a lot of software online that allows you to transfer music files (that haven't been purchased from iTunes) from an iPod/iPhone to a mac (iDisk comes to mind). I hope this helps at least a little. :)

ok....so, i have mp3's on my ipod too....i've only purchased like 1 song from itunes...lol...so, do i have to transfer stuff one by one manually then...is that what you mean? cuz, that's a lot! lol

ok....so, i have mp3's on my ipod too....i've only purchased like 1 song from itunes...lol...so, do i have to transfer stuff one by one manually then...is that what you mean? cuz, that's a lot! lol

The iPhone plays MP3's too so that shouldn't be an issue. If all the songs on your iPod touch are also on your iTunes, then you can just sync your iPhone with your iTunes library. If the amount of music on iTunes exceeds the storage space on the iPhone, then iTunes will transfer everything it can to the iPhone. You just plug the iPhone in to a USB port and iTunes should do the rest. There's some useful information about syncing here:
http://iphonetouch.blorge.com/2009/05/08/how-do-i-transfer-songs-from-itunes-to-iphone/

I've had to struggle so much with iTunes that I know how you feel... :)

The iPhone plays MP3's too so that shouldn't be an issue. If all the songs on your iPod touch are also on your iTunes, then you can just sync your iPhone with your iTunes library. If the amount of music on iTunes exceeds the storage space on the iPhone, then iTunes will transfer everything it can to the iPhone. You just plug the iPhone in to a USB port and iTunes should do the rest. There's some useful information about syncing here:
http://iphonetouch.blorge.com/2009/05/08/how-do-i-transfer-songs-from-itunes-to-iphone/

I've had to struggle so much with iTunes that I know how you feel... :)

I have tried to sync my iphone with the library...like i said though..it's only transferring like 10% of it...I know there's enough room...that's not an issue...But I'll try out the link you sent me! You've been really helpful, thank you!

Back