Invincible world tour

jdogg7716

Proud Member
Country
United-States
Quick question, why didn’t Michael do an invincible world tour like he did his other albums?

Answer is pretty simple and was revealed by MJ himself - he was not in shape for that. Drug addiction, anxiousness, emotional exhaustion, fatherhood... He just couldn't do it. Because for him touring wasn't just regular performing. It was an art. And after remarkable History Tour stakes were higher than ever. He just couldn't do it better than last time. And he understood that

Also around the release date of Invincible, other artists were cancelling their tours because of the 9/11 tragedy.

Michael Jackson did not tour for his 'Invincible' album simply because this would kill him:

"Cory [Rooney], I can't tour anymore. I'm not gonna tour anymore. OK? Because it will kill me ... Well, it's because when I get ready for a tour I get dehydrated. I don't eat. I don't drink. I don't sleep. I put so much of myself into preparing for a tour" (Michael Jackson)

American record producer Cory Rooney was at that time a close friend of Michael Jackson.

But it is interesting to note that Jermaine Jackson and Michael Durham Prince stated that there were indeed plans for an Invincible World Tour during that period.

These claims from Jermaine Jackson and Michael Durham Prince seem to be supported also by a company that Michael Jackson established which was called 'Invincible Tours Inc' (and it would undertake certain aspects of that upcoming Invincible World Tour, such as funding, and so on).

Michael Jackson had done the same thing some years before by establishing a company that would undertake certain aspects of the upcoming HIStory World Tour (such as funding, and so on).

Answer is pretty simple and was revealed by MJ himself - he was not in shape for that. Drug addiction, anxiousness, emotional exhaustion, fatherhood... He just couldn't do it. Because for him touring wasn't just regular performing. It was an art. And after remarkable History Tour stakes were higher than ever. He just couldn't do it better than last time. And he understood that
Yet set This Is It in motion?

Yet set This Is It in motion?
He would never came back on stage, but he had 500 million debts. And he had 2 options: sell his music catalogue or take risks and do last big tour in his life. He decided to do it. Michael was always pretty bold guy. He could do a lot of dangerous stuff. And that is what killed him unfortunatelly...

U do know I’m talking about an invincible WORLD tour

Were you expecting to go on a potential Invincible Tour?
Michael Durham Prince: We did the two shows in Madison Square Garden, and after the second show, we were riding in a van, to our hotel, with Brad and with Michael Bush. Michael Bush said, “Michael said that everybody should expect a phone call in the next two weeks because we’re going to go on tour.” We were all really excited to hear that because it meant a lot of work and joy, and Michael would go on a world tour again and take it to his fans. But what happened the next morning was 9/11… and everything changed. Michael would have probably gone to Europe first, but Europe seemed like the most dangerous place to be since we didn’t know who was responsible yet. So, we still kept hoping, but if you look back to early 2002, everybody artist canceled their world tours. Just like with COVID. There was still some touring going on in America but Michael liked touring the world. I don’t know if he was more popular in Europe but he thought, “Well, if I had a choice of touring in America or Europe, I would always pick Europe.” In America, to us, every city is the same. I mean, it’s a beautiful country, but to me, Europe is much more fascinating. Anyway, sadly that tour never happened. https://bricenajar.com/en/interview-with-michael-durham-prince/

Looking at the 30th Anniversary shows it's pretty clear that Michael was in NO shape at that time to go through a world tour.

Looking at the 30th Anniversary shows it's pretty clear that Michael was in NO shape at that time to go through a world tour.
Terrible performance... Michael was under a lot of drugs... And no one even stopped him. He was unable to dance, but people didn't care. Everyone smiled and pretended that everything was fine. While Michael suffered and used various methods (like morphine) to force himself to go on stage... I never watch these shows, cause I can't watch it without tears... Michael really suffered, and nobody cared...

don't know what happened after 1999 He should have stopped with further facelift 2001 was not the best year

don't know what happened after 1999 He should have stopped with further facelift 2001 was not the best year
It hapenned before back injury. During MJ&Friends he was already drugged with stuff, making him look like himself from Invincible period. It has nothing to do with plastic surgery, it's all about drugs and aging

Terrible performance... Michael was under a lot of drugs... And no one even stopped him. He was unable to dance, but people didn't care. Everyone smiled and pretended that everything was fine. While Michael suffered and used various methods (like morphine) to force himself to go on stage... I never watch these shows, cause I can't watch it without tears... Michael really suffered, and nobody cared...
He wasn't bad when performing with his brothers.

The editing for Billie Jean at the 30th Anniversary shows is really frustrating. The TV versions cut out some of the best moments like the live adlibs and MJ's beatboxing at the end of the song.

My theory is that after that bridge collapsed and Michael suffered with back injury that re-introduced his addiction to painkillers.
i'd go with this, once pain happens in the back, plus for it to happen as drastically as this,.. there's not alot you can do for that pain other than try to dull the pain with medication specifically targeted for that area.

My theory is that after that bridge collapsed and Michael suffered with back injury that re-introduced his addiction to painkillers.
I guess at that time he ditched the OTW concept for Invincible and went with the futuristic one. I even think that this incident gave him Unbreakable... a breaking bridge construction, breaking bones and vertebrae, but none of that could stop him

Last edited:
Michael Jackson did not tour for his 'Invincible' album simply because this would kill him:

"Cory [Rooney], I can't tour anymore. I'm not gonna tour anymore. OK? Because it will kill me ... Well, it's because when I get ready for a tour I get dehydrated. I don't eat. I don't drink. I don't sleep. I put so much of myself into preparing for a tour" (Michael Jackson)

Turns out 8 years later he didn’t exaggerate

Back