Invincible (the song)

Gonetoosoon

Proud Member
What's everyone's thoughts on this title track? I know the board is quite split.

Anyone a fan? :clapping:

Love it? Hate it?

Last edited:
Can you believe I'm listening this song right now and wondering if there's a thread about it? :wild:
Then I came here to look if there's a thread about this song and it's the one you just started lol

Last edited:
I personally adore the song, even though it's just one of those fun tracks with no real relevance. It's one of my favourites from the whole album. I think it should have been the first single, instead of YRMW. I would have liked to see a music video for it, too.

It's nothing special. MJ's phoning it in on a lot of the uptempos on Invincible.

Also, there's no way the title song should've been lead single over YRMW - which is a far superior song.

Best part of the song for me is this part

Now some way I’ll have to prove all that I said I would do
Giving you everything, fulfilling your fantasy
Then maybe you’ll change your mind and finally give in time
Then I’ll be showing you what other men are supposed to do for you my baby

The backgrounds harmonies on said bridge ^ are amazing, the song is great but it takes a lot of effort to listen to it and get into the groove which is unusual for an MJ song.

analogue;3422215 said:

Then maybe you'll change your mind and finally give in time
Then I'll be showing you what other men are supposed to do for you my baby
I also love this little part

Deniro UK;3422232 said:
The backgrounds harmonies on said bridge ^ are amazing, the song is great but it takes a lot of effort to listen to it and get into the groove which is unusual for an MJ song.

I also love the uptempos. I agree that there's better songs in the album but I enjoy this tune.

It's a fun track, not too hard for me to get into, it's kinda cool when everything drops for a second and you just get a low piano playing the groove, it's almost like MJ's messing around with you haha :)

I love this song. this industrial-pop-tune is just great. I remember that at first i didnt like his falsetto singing towards the end.
But now i like it even more.

I love it BUT I think it's over produced. It just needed different structure to really flesh out the melody IMO.

This is the only MJ song I really can't stand. It's way overproduced. I have never managed to listen to the whole song.

I definitely love the track when it comes up on my iPod or when i'm straight listening to Invincible. Wouldn't say it's in my top 20 or even 30, but I definitely appreciate the song for what it is. I will say those first 3-5 songs off Invincible, the order and style, really remind me of the first few songs of Dangerous. It's like his intention was to just hit us constantly with all these fast paced, sound infused songs to jam out to. Love it man!

analogue;3422215 said:

Then maybe you’ll change your mind and finally give in time
Then I’ll be showing you what other men are supposed to do for you my baby

I agree.

I love this song!! :girl_sigh:

It's nothing special. MJ's phoning it in on a lot of the uptempos on Invincible.

Also, there's no way the title song should've been lead single over YRMW - which is a far superior song.

I agree--it's nothing special, however, I prefer it to YRMW. I can listen to it without it getting old, unlike YRMW.

It's not bad. It almost seems like "the same song" as Threatened. I kind of don't care for the way he sings in it. Michael's voice has matured by this time in his life (I like his mature vocals more) and I think he tries to sound like his younger self (i.e. Thriller days), and it doesn't work out as well as when he actually was younger. This is just my opinion though.

I just say that I love “HEARTBREAKER” more than "INVINCIBLE"

Personally i'd pick Heartbreaker over Invincible, however Vince is a track I have to be in the mood for some days I find it too long and over produced and other days I find it overall a good track however not in the list of best MJ songs ever

Back