Invincible LP first press

Jamez

Proud Member
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, so, first of all sorry for spamming )

My question is regarding Invincible LP. As almost everyone knows, the original CD and all it's descendants are overcompressed as a product of loudness war. As a results - headaches, too loud beats, and cracking voice in some loud places.
All I knew that sometimes a separate master is prepared for the vinyl release (good example is a Depeche Mode - Playing the angel, which is far out that loud as a cd one), so in a hope for more silent Invincible (which is great record from my point of view) I searched for an LP and bought only available recent Music on vinyl release (MOVLP013). The sound there is not that rough as on CD, smoothed by the vinyl sound itself, which is good, but it seems that guys from Music On Vinyl were provided the same master as was used for a CD, I can clearly hear it in "heartbreaker" after ~2.30, where Michael's voice goes high and becomes crackling together with the beats and other music.

Anna, who posts every Michael's collectible in her blog, said that from her opinion, first US press sounds okay while MOV sounds compressed. Can somebody confirm this? Maybe somebody can post an excerpt from that "heartbreaker"?

Thanks

Back