Invincible 1999 Release?

Gonetoosoon

Proud Member
I've been reading in some old threads and people keep mentioning that Invincible was originally to be released in 1999??

Does anyone have info on why it was delayed? What was the track listing? Album cover?

I never knew about this!

I don't think anyone knows details about the original tracklist, but it did have a release date for late 1999. I'm not sure whether it was MJ's or Sony's decision to delay the album and carry on writing more songs.

I expect the 1999 version would've had more of the Dr Freeze songs (Blue Gangsta, APWNN, Break of Dawn), the early Darkchild tracks (YRMW and Privacy were done in 1998 apparently), Cry and maybe Another Day. We also know that The Lost Children existed back then as well (the footage of Prince and Paris singing it dates back to 1999, doesn't it?).

Michael met Rodney Jerkins in 1999. They started working together and Michael was very pleased with Rodney's new sound. They keep writing and recording new material until 2001. MJ even paid Rodney not to work with any other artist in that time! I think that that is the reason for delaying the album.

It's a good thing that it was released in 2001, in my opinion. If the album was released in 1999, there would be no Unbreakable.

Does anyone know if there was a cover for that album or maybe a different cover for Invincible? I think i've read that before...

I believe this was to be the orignal cover to 'Vince'
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/29713437/Michael+Jackson+Invincible.jpg
But don't quote me on it

That's just the full version of the selected cover. It was suppose to be a photo from the Arno Bani photoshoot but Michael disliked all the photos. Instead a random picture of Michael from a later photoshoot was chosen and extremely digitally altered to make the selected cover.

Anyone have the unedited picture used for the cover?

Back