Interview with TII-dancer Timor Steffens & Travis Payne (Dutch & English)

Bee

Proud Member
Just saw this interview with Timor Steffens, the Dutch dancer for This Is It. In this interview he speaks about his experiences and visits Travis Payne at his home. It's quite touching and cool to see how Michael affected Timor's life so much.

I've translated the Dutch parts in the transcript you can read underneath! :)

Here's the video:

Transcript of Dutch parts:

Reporters - Michael Jackson died on June 25th, right before the start of his tour This Is It. One of the dancers for his tour is Timor Steffens. We went to visit him in Los Angeles.

Timor - I thought: 'what?' Michael Jackson just walks in, that's the first moment we really met him physically, that we held him, talked to him like 'oh it's such an honour to dance for you'. Everyone looked at each other like 'WOW, are we really meeting Michael?'.

Star on Walk of Fame.
This Is It announcement.

Reporters - This is where it all started for Timor Steffens, 22 years old. Now this is his world, Hollywood, Los Angeles. The city where he met MJ for the first time.

Timor - He's the one who let my dream come true. He gave me the chance to come to America and have a work license for two years, and to live my dream here. So he seriously changed my life.

Part of TII.

Timor - It's very weird to sit here and think 'hey...a few months ago I was here with MJ on stage, having fun, enjoying, laughing, making jokes. Everything was so beautiful...and now it's all just gone.

Helicopter part. (Ouch.)
Travis Payne interview.

Timor - We're gonna visit Travis Payne now, MJ's choreographer, a good friend of me.

Timor & Travis dancing in his home.
Travis Payne interview.
Parts of TII.

Timor - The first time we saw him, he was so friendly. He smiled, he was happy, he shook our hands and was a little shy..he was also nervous to meet us. Just like we were for him, it came both ways. We ofcourse did more than our bests, we wanted to show off that we were good. We freestyled, sweat like crazy, and when it ended Michael was smiling so big and looking at us. Then he came at me and said 'You're really a great dancer! You all are really great!'. That moment he really gave us a feeling like 'WOW'.

Reporter - No one expected this to be the last rehearsals for Michael.

Travis Payne interview.
Timor & Travis dancing.

Timor - Ofcourse I miss Michael. In the 3 months I worked with him I learned so, so much that it seems that I'm addicted to this feeling...that I want more, I want to learn more, and experience more with him, but that's not possible anymore.
The most beautiful thing you can do is make someone happy, through the things that make yourself happy as well.

Timor - Ofcourse I miss Michael. In the 3 months I worked with him I learned so, so much that it seems that I'm addicted to this feeling...that I want more, I want to learn more, and experience more with him, but that's not possible anymore.
The most beautiful thing you can do is make someone happy, through the things that make yourself happy as well.

:cry: He was one of my favorites in the movie. Michael touched so many, I'm glad in michael last months he got to do what he loved and was surrounded by at least some people that really admired him and whom lives he seriously impacted.

Michael chose some BEAUTIFUL dancers.

Back