Interview with Kelley Parker from Moonwalker

analogue;3882188 said:

Thanks for posting this, great interview.

"Michael was the kindest man I have ever met. I was so lucky to have not just worked with him, but worked with him for months and [go on to be] friends with him for years. He took the time to really get to know me. He was lighting in a bottle; the air was different when he was around. It’s hard to explain, but you could feel him before you saw him."

I have heard someone say that before, you could feel him before you see him, and Sherlyn C said molecules changed:clapping:

"I know that people don’t understand why Michael always had kids around, and as an adult I can see why that may look unusual. But all you have to do is look at any kids you know and the fact that they have no filter; they are just honest. Now put yourself in Michael’s shoes: surrounded all day by people who constantly filter what they say to you. How refreshing the honesty [of children] would be. "

Well said. That, I believe is the case + kids didn't want anything from him.

I like the fact that Kelley kept her and Michael's friendship private. Too many of Michael's friends are quick to run to the press to give stories about Michael or write books about their friendships with Michael. Kelley kept it private and i appreciate that and it shows what a true friend she really is.

I read this a few weeks ago on tumblr and I thought it was a nice, honest interview. I always wondered what she thought of her period with Michael, great interview indeed. Imagine working with him for so long like that? had it been me as a little girl, I'd definitely have a crush on Michael :blush: wonder if she did.

Back