Internet Dating

I don't have personal experience but one girl I know dated one guy on the internet and they've been together now for several years.
So of course it can work out but it has it's dangers, too. You just have to keep your mind and brain in it.

I already met some guys that I came to know online, on sites like hi5 and such.
Of course all in safe places and all, but let me tell you my experience: they all were a let down. They always try to be someone that they're not and when I met them in person they were boring and lame. Internet has that side, people pretend. And to me that's not cool at all.

getting over your ex huh.... go for it then!!...no really whats great about the internet is you can meet people you would never have bumped into in real life. i think its great. i met a guy online and we actually dated for a few years. so i was happy i deceided to meet him. if people tell you its dangerous..its for good reason..but any guy you do not know well can be dangerous too..so..:lol: that stinks but.. if you think you found a great guy to talk to then go for it. maybe ill do it again one day..who knows.

Just make sure its not this guy:

obesefatguysized764416.jpg

^^^ A few....currently seeing someone from the site.

I co-host some of the London Events :)

Last edited:
I'm old school, been on dates from people I met on IRC! This is back in the day before we had all these dating site...

Do I think it was worth it? Well it was certainly an experience! Just remember the 3 rules...
Meet somewhere public.
Be HONEST.
Tell someone where you are meeting etc...

It's fun and you never know, I have a friend who found a long term relationship with someone online and they seem good :)

I tried it a while back. had a few dates with a few girls, but nothing came of it.

Why the hell not try it, Its worth a shot, lol

i wouldn't do it. a lot of time/energy/money is wasted that otherwise wouldn't w/ just meeting some1. all w/in 5 minutes @ a club/bar/park/store/work/etc you get the vibe of if anything will go anywhere w/ the person. internet, after what i imagine is paying an absurd fee a month, and then a correspondence of about 50 million emails to negotiate a time and meeting place, you finally meet the person, and . . . there's zero chemistry.

^^^ Well, PlentyOfFish is FREE, hence the popularity. I wouldn't join it otherwise.

Back