Interesting information about netflix series [MJ Related]

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
So not too long ago I was watchin a series called Weeds, (Hilarious), on Netflix and i noticed that MJ was referenced a couple of times on this show. I just started following another show on netflix called Orange Is The New Black which apparently was created by the same writer. I think it was in the third episode that i was taken aback by something. A narrator in the series said this, " If you enter this world knowing that you are loved and leave this world knowing the same then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. Beautiful words from the late great Michael Jackson" I didn't expect that and i thought that was a nice gesture.

So for the fun of it i looked up who the writer was and i saw that it was a woman called Jenji Kohan. For some reason that sounded really familiar so i looked her up a bit more only to realize that she is the daughter of Buz Kohan, the man who worked with Michael on Scared Of The Moon, Gone Too Soon and other songs. I thought this was pretty cool, not earthshattering news but pretty cool nonetheless

A narrator in the series said this, " If you enter this world knowing that you are loved and leave this world knowing the same then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. Beautiful words from the late great Michael Jackson" I didn't expect that and i thought that was a nice gesture.

I remember that! Thought it was a really nice touch ^_^

Oh, now I know why I wanna watch that show, Orange is the New Black, I mean. It's strange I had a dream about that show earlier this month, even though I've never seen it. Cool to know the writer's connections :)

What it do bruv ? Michael was mentioned on Weeds ? I watched the show ages ago so I cannot remember. Great show but maybe there were too many seasons. In my humble opinion. "Le-gen-daaaaary !"

Anyway, when I saw the title I told myself "you have to post and tell him about Orange Is The New Black". It's a great show, I've watched the two first seasons and I'm waiting for the third one which will be available in 2015. Both seasons are great. I have a bad memory so I cannot remember the reference you talked about but I know there's at least another MJ reference. I nearly posted it a few days ago but now I'm glad I did not. You'll see. ;)

Oh by the way, without giving spoilers, what's the last episode you watched ? :)

Last edited:
I watched the first season of Orange Is New Black when it was aired last year, that's why I don't remember the reference. If that quote was said in the first season, it'd so cool indeed because that season was awesome, even better than the second. I'll try to re watch the episode to refresh my memory then.

I just watched the third episode of OITNB and Michael wasn't mentioned, unless you referred to Weeds. That one I've never seen it.

Last edited:
I love when positive Mj references are made in shows! I just started watching Orange is the New Black and the quote is actually at the beginning of episode 5 in season 1. :)

What it do bruv ? Michael was mentioned on Weeds ? I watched the show ages ago so I cannot remember. Great show but maybe there were too many seasons. In my humble opinion. "Le-gen-daaaaary !"

Anyway, when I saw the title I told myself "you have to post and tell him about Orange Is The New Black". It's a great show, I've watched the two first seasons and I'm waiting for the third one which will be available in 2015. Both seasons are great. I have a bad memory so I cannot remember the reference you talked about but I know there's at least another MJ reference. I nearly posted it a few days ago but now I'm glad I did not. You'll see. ;)

Oh by the way, without giving spoilers, what's the last episode you watched ? :)

How you doin bro? long time no see! I've been meaning to reply to this alot sooner but atm i don't have access to a rather functional computer lol.

haha! I think i know what reference you are referring to! The one with the glove am i right? Lol. Without being exorbitant, Orange Is The New Black has mentioned MJ on like 6 seperate occasions. :)

Bruh I don't remember exactly what episode the referrences occured in but the first one i talked about is, in most probability, in the first few episodes of the first seasons. Yeah i just got done watching season 2. It's a good, unbiased, satirical show that documents some important elements in a women's prison that the world need to see. Sorta has that OZ feel i u know what i mean :)

Edit: hahah lol pertaining to that pm, Maritza ain't that right man?! :D:D

Last edited:
^^^ Hi there, how are you ? I'm fine thanks. :)

The glove ? No no. I'm referring to the surgical mask scene. It's very brief.

Oh I know what you mean by "OZ feel". Nice plot, good dialogues, some violence and nude scenes. The show tells you what time it is thanks to the very first episode. Nicky's evilish eyes in the shower haha ! I love her voice. Natasha Lyonne (the actress who plays Nicky) seems to be a fun person to hang out with. Not that I know her personally. I've listened to a few interviews of hers.

Maritza ? No lol. She's very cute but I meant Gloria. The one who runs the kitchen. Someone's trying to look innocent lol. "I'm really wondering what he is talking about. Her apron ? Her accent ?" :p

^^^ Hi there, how are you ? I'm fine thanks. :)

The glove ? No no. I'm referring to the surgical mask scene. It's very brief.

Oh I know what you mean by "OZ feel". Nice plot, good dialogues, some violence and nude scenes. The show tells you what time it is thanks to the very first episode. Nicky's evilish eyes in the shower haha ! I love her voice. Natasha Lyonne (the actress who plays Nicky) seems to be a fun person to hang out with. Not that I know her personally. I've listened to a few interviews of hers.

Maritza ? No lol. She's very cute but I meant Gloria. The one who runs the kitchen. Someone's trying to look innocent lol. "I'm really wondering what he is talking about. Her apron ? Her accent ?" :p

Ah my bad man i meant the surgical mask, when she was dancing and stuff :p I'm good btw thank you

Yeah, the whole cast seems to be really cool down to earth people :) Oh you meant gloria haha! Gotta admit Maritza is cool, beautiful and got that fierce attitude :)

^^^ In case you are interested, check this out. Fast forward to 12:27. Oh she's also on a few other podcasts. Not that many. You can find 'em on Itunes. I did try Diane Guerrero (Maritza), but I did not find any sorry. It does not mean it does not exist though, you could try google.

^^^ In case you are interested, check this out. Fast forward to 12:27. Oh she's also on a few other podcasts. Not that many. You can find 'em on Itunes. I did try Diane Guerrero (Maritza), but I did not find any sorry. It does not mean it does not exist though, you could try google.

I can't see any link, is it broken or something?

Back