In The Back Appreciation Thread

helena22

Proud Member
Don't know how many of y'all dig "In The Back". In my case, it's been one of my favorites ever since I heard it through the boxset. Raw. That's why. I like many of his "I'm gettin this shit off my chest/letting off some steam right now" songs and it's def. one of my darlings. What's your take?

yeah..cool to know that MJ can toss a coin in the air, and wherever it lands, its a good song..and MJ fans appreciate it.

i love how he basically sounds like he's just singing primal, and then, seeming to think about his enemies, then suddenly..boom...a lyric.

and a hot too original beat to go with it. i love that song.

@Shaun: Wow, that's the coolest ringtone I've ever heard about.
@Nicole: No doubt.

yep just import the song in itunes and pick where i want it to start and end and create the ringtone and bam! there it is lol. its my current song of the moment...a friend of mine stabbed m,e n my back so ive been feeling this song alot lately ive always loved it but the situation made my admiration 4it grow

Dang Shaun, that sucks. But at least you can find something to relate to in the song.

I love the horns and string sections in this song. It just sounds dark and brooding, kind of like Bille Jean, not structurally, but it emotes the same kind of emotion. And Michael isn't even trying to really sing, but his voice still emotes as powerfully as the instrumentation.

one of my favourites. MJ + Bill Bottrell + Brad Buxer.. the chemistry between those cats always shines through. and we hardly hear modern MJ tunes with horns or brass like that, it really sets the atmosphere like you say Nic. also Billy Preston's on his trademark organs there. one of my favourite keyboardists.

would've loved to have heard it finished on Invincible.

dum dum DUM! tadatadatada tada..

smil46d19bfb9fbae.gif

Dang Shaun, that sucks. But at least you can find something to relate to in the song.

I love the horns and string sections in this song. It just sounds dark and brooding, kind of like Bille Jean, not structurally, but it emotes the same kind of emotion. And Michael isn't even trying to really sing, but his voice still emotes as powerfully as the instrumentation.

yea it does suck, haha, its all good mike knows how 2get me thru lol

yep just import the song in itunes and pick where i want it to start and end and create the ringtone and bam! there it is lol. its my current song of the moment...a friend of mine stabbed m,e n my back so ive been feeling this song alot lately ive always loved it but the situation made my admiration 4it grow
Sorry to hear that...Hope you can ease the pain listening to your ringtone version and CD version of the song.

vncwilliam said:
yeah..cool to know that MJ can toss a coin in the air, and wherever it lands, its a good song..and MJ fans appreciate it.

i love how he basically sounds like he's just singing primal, and then, seeming to think about his enemies, then suddenly..boom...a lyric.

and a hot too original beat to go with it. i love that song.
Since the song doesn't seem to have complete lyrics, I think we got unfinished version, but at the same time, it can be a completed version. And the no-words parts can be interpreted as something like, him not wanting to say anything cuz he's so mad and frustrated, so he juts goes "Tadadada~" And suddenly, he's like, "Why you wanna get me...", that's so cool cuz he's basically saying all he want to say, without saying much. I mean, I think the song the way it is has some unique effect when it comes to lyrics.

You can definitely tell that the song probably wasn't finished as others have pointed out, but I still think it's a good song. It's so raw and I love MJ's gritty vocals in it.

its all good we are on good terms now. all is 4given
That's nice. You must be a generous person. Hope you two will keep having a solid relationship after the storm.
BPYTD said:
I's never heard of it until now, but I just looked it up on youtube listening to it now. The beat is interesting. What year was it suppose to be made?
Just to get rough timeline, I should go check out the date in the boxselt booklet. Maybe during the Invincible recording session? Anybody knows more exactly when?

it's credited as 1994-2004, though i'd assume it was recorded in 1994 and brushed up in 2004 for mastering into the boxset.

I first heard it on the ultimate collection boxset and ive liked it ever since,

it's credited as 1994-2004, though i'd assume it was recorded in 1994 and brushed up in 2004 for mastering into the boxset.
Thanx arXter! Whenever it was recorded, it's a masterpiece in my book, but can't help wondering. Wish we could ask Mike:D If it was in 1994, then...like she said here, we can guess the lyrics is about the case.
MichaelsGuardianAngel said:
what an accident, i am just listening to it

I DIG IT too. :wild:
Gee, :heart:Michael has best expressed himself and the 1993 case in that song.
michaelsson said:
yea i hope so too amd thanx =]
:)

Back