If you were the estate/sony what songs would you polish up to release?

michaeljojacksonfan

Proud Member
If you were the estate/sony, what songs would you 'polish up' to release on a future album?

Fall Again: This so deserves to have an official album release, i think all they need to do is edit the bridge (take away the mumbled lyrics and perhaps new instrumentation) and slightly change the ending.

Slave to the rythym: What can i say about this one? It has hit written all over it. They need to release this ASAP. Possibily slightly change the instrumentation, the beginning of the song, and a couple of other bits and peices and this could be one of his biggest hits ever IMO.

Escape: Another hit. IMO probably the second best 'tabloid/media' songs behind Tabloid Junkie. I think all they need to do is slightly modernize (if thats a word) the instrumentation.

Sunset Driver: Awesome song. I liken this one to Behind The Mask. They could update it with a more modernized feel and instrumentation and this could sound amazing. Same could be done with Hot Street.

Someone Put Your Hand Out: Maybe this doesn't even need 'polisihing' or changing but its such an incredible song it deserves a proper release. One of my favourites.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are: This one is an obvious choice. Amazing song. Could be another big hit.

Blue Gangster: Same as above. Apparently this song will be on the next album with a slightly more modern mix which is awesome. This also deserves some sort of release IMO.

A place with no name.
Escape
Slave 2 the rhytm
Do you know where your children are

All of those u just mentioned!

But really tho Escape/Xscape needs to be heard by the general public.. That song is exactly what MJ was trying to say thru so much bullshit that it just needs to be widely heard... Plus the beat is so damn kewl.. I love it!

Nothing should be polished up, apart from improving sound quality. It should be as he left it. Has Much Too Soon and Another Day taught us nothing?

Nothing. Just pick out all the best ten songs in the vault - in other words, killer, finished tracks.

Nothing should be polished up, apart from improving sound quality. It should be as he left it. Has Much Too Soon and Another Day taught us nothing?

I think both songs sounds better on Michael than the earlier versions.

Especially MTS is perfect on Michael.

Completely agree...Another Day lost its power (Michael's voice saves it), and MTS is gorgeous, but too many strings...It doesn't need it....Keep it simple...

Exactly right! If there are unfinished songs that they want to release, collect them all and put them on an album and call it "The Unfinished Works of Michael Jackson." Don't try to finish them without MJ.

I don't see what the appeal is with DYKWYCA, the beat is incredibly saturated, as it's been used by almost every hip-hop artist known to man, at one point. Aside from that it's an okay song, my main gripe is just the instrumentation used.

My favorite part of Fall Again is the end, and the sound, and Michael going "Oooh, that's a cool sound, cool sound". So I don't think that should be changed either.

I think the all Michael version of Blue Gangsta is fine the way it is.

I never understoon why they didn't release actual finished songs that just didn't make the final cut. For Invincible for example, since they want the "new stuff" they could chosen from a lot of fiished songs yet they edit and polish Hollywood Tonigh which I'm 100% sure was a raw demo, the instrumental is nothing close to the original and so is the lenght... but that's just a guess.

There were a couple of songs that were re-worked during Invincible that were previously outtakes from his other albums and I'm pretty sure Michael modernized/polished them if not finished them completely. For example "Cheater" which was re-worked for Invincible and the final version (probably finished) even has a rap in it by The Fats, the version on TUC is the original version with improved quality... They can release the final version of "Cheater" at anytime because it's probably finished... BY MICHAEL HIMSELF!!!

I think both songs sounds better on Michael than the earlier versions.

Especially MTS is perfect on Michael.

For me, it isn't even a question about whether or not updated versions sound "better" than the original versions. It is the fact that someone else has created something that has not been approved by Michael Jackson. Just leave the originals as they are (for better or worse).

i would make this album called 'forever':

1) Still the king (don't know much about the song, but the title is just awsome)
2) Slave 2 the rhythm
3) escape
4) We've had enough
5) fly away (what a beautiful song...)
6) fall again
7) blue gansta
8) Do you know where your children are
9) Don't be messin around (i just want to hear this song!!!!!)
10) A place with no name
11) burn 2 night

^^^^^

Correct.

We've had enough needs an album release.

Fall Again DEFINITELY
Slave To The Rythym
All I Need (probably as the closer)

Probably would put others like Blue gangsta and DYKWYCA on too although I don't think they need "polishing" as much.

None, because I don't know how Michael would like his songs to be polished.

He should be the one to put the final touches on them or approve them since he worked so hard to make them all.

I hope they won't release more "new" albums, like this "Michael" (even if with no fake songs). I'd rather get two or three new songs/demos per year on reissues or compilation albums (I mean something like 'Thriller 25th' or the second disc of 'This Is It'). This way we would have new songs for a long time, and they probably wouldn't be touched!

By the way, is it possible that Michael really recorded "All I Need"? I really like this song, and would be great to hear him singing it, even on a demo.

Slave to the rythym: What can i say about this one? It has hit written all over it. They need to release this ASAP. Possibily slightly change the instrumentation, the beginning of the song, and a couple of other bits and peices and this could be one of his biggest hits ever IMO.
:yes::yes::yes:

I think they should do something like The Ultimate Collection 2 with all different songs from the ones that were on the first version and have the 5th disc as another concert.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are with a very serious short film made by Spike Lee!!!!

Now that would be epic!!!!!!!!

But with Sony/Estate around, it'll never happen!!!!!

Do You Know Where Your Children Are
Men In Black
Blue Gangster
Slave To The Rhythm
A Place With No Name

Also i don't feel that any songs need to be updated in anyway. All i care about is hearing a good song. I don't care how old or current a song sounds. The only thing i care about is that it's good.

The only time an old song should be updated is if it's gonna sound good updated. I don't think a song should be updated just for the sake of sounding current and getting into the mainstream charts.

i would make this album called 'forever':

1) Still the king (don't know much about the song, but the title is just awsome)
2) Slave 2 the rhythm
3) escape
4) We've had enough
5) fly away (what a beautiful song...)
6) fall again
7) blue gansta
8) Do you know where your children are
9) Don't be messin around (i just want to hear this song!!!!!)
10) A place with no name
11) burn 2 night

Still the king... fly away.. fall again... burn 2 night: I've never heard those... where can I download them?

Still the king... fly away.. fall again... burn 2 night: I've never heard those... where can I download them?

You can't-

Not Still The King anyway. - It's one of the Will.I.Am songs, no one has heard it.

Fall Again is on TUC.

Fly away is on BAD 2001 special edition.

So just buy MJ TUC and BAD 2001 SE.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are?, Blue Gansta and Slave To The Rythm are great songs that deserves to be shared with the world. Unlike many others I have nothing against polishing and I think it is a good idea to put some of the artists of today, that MJ respected and chose to work with while he was alive on the next album, along with the relevant producers like Rodney Jerkins and Dr. Freeze. I would like this because IMO it's all about keeping him relevant to the audience of the future. To me chart positions do matter. Elvis got a revival on the charts in the beginning of the century due to the fact that the producers of that time respectfully "messed" with his music. I would like to see MJ have the same revival in 2013 or whenever the next album is released.

BTW I have the same attitude towards letting MJ's vocals feature on songs from other artist, as long as they are artist of a certain standard.

Last edited:
Back