If you had to pick between Invincible or all the unreleased track/outtakes which have surfaced??

Invincible or outtakes??

• Invincible

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Outtakes (Fly Away, Streetwalker, Got The Hots, We've Had Enough, Fall Again, Sunset Driver etc).

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MattyJam

Guests
Michael's had more unreleased/outtakes leaked or officially released in the past ten years than brand new material.

If you had to pick between Invincible or the unreleased/outtakes what would you pick?

Just a reminder, these are the unreleased/outtakes which have surfaced since 2001:

Fly Away, Streetwalker, Monkey Business, We've Had Enough, For All Time, Fall Again, Scared Of The Moon, Carousel, Got The Hots, Escape, Hold My Hand, Sunset Driver, In The Back, The Way You Love Me, Beautiful Girl, If You Don't Love Me, Serious Effect, We Be Ballin', Love Never Felt So Good.

Last edited:
Invincible...even if your not a fan of the album it's way better to have an official album than having a box set of unreleased/outtakes for sure.

As a side note..Michael could have released soooooooo many albums with all the music he has..I'm wondering if Michael had many "unreleased albums/projects" that he canceled for whatever reason?

I've counted a total of 19 non-album tracks released/leaked since 2001. That's almost a double album. It's a shame it wasn't all released together, like Prince's Crystal Ball set.

Have I missed any from the list above?

Let's see...I'm not sure if these came out post post 2001, but Xscape, Seeing Voices(Instrumental Only), I Have This Dream (Instrumental, some backing vocals), Children Song(Instrumental-with his Beatboxing)

It would have been interesting because a box set would have sold a ton, just shows he wasn't about the money though..

I'm just curious because I'm sure he considered releasing so much other stuff but he always seem to held back on it..Just wondering if there is some "unreleased albums" type of thing.

I think he most likely held back material on purpose. MJ always thought longterm, about the bigger picture etc.

And of course we are now in the exciting (albeit bittersweet) position of looking forward to a wealth of unheard "new" material over the coming years. We wouldn't have this if he was one of those artists who just put out everything as soon as it was recorded.

I don't think Madonna fans, for example, are going to be getting unreleased albums when she passes.

The outakes for me, thanks. I just happen to be a massive fan of Carousel, Serious Effect and Beautiful Girl - they're all hovering around my all-time MJ top ten or thereabouts, particularly the first two. Top marks from me for Got the Hots and For All Time as well. Whereas none of Invincible's tracks have ever hit me in anything like that way. I'm not a big fan of the general sound of Invincible and even my faves from it (Unbreakable, Whatever Happens, Heaven Can Wait) aren't monumental favourites of mine.

I would add also Another Day and On The Line to that list :)

Don't know what to vote on this poll though. :bugeyed

I don't get the whole point of this poll Matty, it's pretty clear you are very Anti Invincible, but you would rather have unreleased songs/outtakes rather than an actual official album by Michael? Really..?

Invincible is a great album and one of his best, you may not feel that way but a lot of people love it, including myself.

I don't get the whole point of this poll Matty, it's pretty clear you are very Anti Invincible, but you would rather have unreleased songs/outtakes rather than an actual official album by Michael? Really..?

Invincible is a great album and one of his best, you may not feel that way but a lot of people love it, including myself.

I'm not anti-Invincible at all.

I love some of the songs on that album. I just feel overall it was a letdown.

But I appreciate songs like Butterflies, YRMW and Speechless as much as the next fan.

Well, I feel part of the letdown happened when

1. There was only one music video for it because of the whole Sony issues.
2. There was no Tour because of 9/11.

If those things happen then I have a feeling you may not feel it was a let down..All of his previous albums had tons of great music videos and him Touring the world, which adds a whole new dimension to the album. I think that's where a major of the "let down" comes from IMO.

I don't subscribe to that train of thought.

I thought it was a letdown the day I heard it, which was before we knew how the whole era was going to pan out.

I just simply don't think the songs are as good. It's still better than any contemporary album around today. I mean, it's still Michael Jackson. He could sing the phonebook and capture my interest. But there aren't many songs on the album which are amongst his all-time best.

It doesn't make me anti-Invincible. I just prefer his other albums.

If you were going to see Michael live in 2002, and you see him singing Unbreakable live (or any other Invincible song) it would change how you think. I guarantee it. Every other album of his had the whole larger than life aspect going on, I'm not sure if Invincible did, especially compared to how it was in the 80's/90's

Think about his previous albums, if he hadn't toured and only done ONE music video it would change the whole complexion of the album. Would they still be great albums? Yeah of course, but the whole package is what makes albums IMO. Not just the album itself but everything surrounding it.

And I'm basing my Anti Invincible comment on your comment you made "It's not as good as his other abums and anybody who says otherwise either has bad taste or is in denial. "

I genuinely think it's just as good as his other albums, does that make me have a bad taste or in denial?
IMO it is one of his best, if you don't think it is then that's fine, because everyone has different tastes, but to make that statement is completely untrue.

I loved the songs on HIStory and BOTD the first time I heard them. I didn't need music videos or live performances. I distinctly remember hearing Morphine and Ghosts the day BOTD came out, and I loved them instantly, because they're brilliant songs.

Invincible simply isn't as good. It has nothing to do with the lack of music videos or live performances. Watching MJ perform a live version of a mediocre song isn't going to change anything. If anything, it's quite the opposite. YRMW is a great song, I've always loved it, but the music video is just awful and the live performance on MSG is lacklustre. I can still appreciate the song in spite of it's uninspired music video and lazy live performances, much the same way that I would still consider 2000 Watts or Privacy to be sub-par, with or without music videos.

^^ Matty, I can agree with you completely about Vince...I think it's a great album, just not a great MICHAEL JACKSON album...there's a lot of tracks I love on Vince, and his voice is just pure heaven on the tracks; his vocals are probably the best I have ever heard....but when I first listened to the album, the day it was released, i, too, had a bit of a disappointment, and it had nothing to do with promotion/videos/tours.....

I can agree with Tsukiji as well, though....all of Michael's other albums had amazing videos/visuals to enhance the enjoyment of the music....though Michael's music has always been so strong, you don't need a video to enhance it....the music just stands quite well on it's own...for example, with 'Who Is It' ...i found the video to do absolutely nothing for the song...the song is incredible on it's own....

But with Vince, I don't feel that magic I feel with Michael's other albums...I still stand by my believe that there were way too many writers/producers....i miss the simplicity of Michael's writing that paints such an amazing picture in my head...Michael's got a way of transferring his beautiful thoughts and music that he hears in his head to what he ultimately creates on an album....i didn't feel that with Invincible

If you, don't think it's as good then that's fine ;). To each their own, I will always feel that the negative side aspects of this album are one of the biggest factors in creating the whole "Oh it's not as good feeling" in some people. If you say that seeing Michael in an Invincible Word Tour/Invincible music videos wouldn't change your mind, then that's fine, but we will never be able to say that for sure IMO.

^^ I agree about the tour, I think it would have made a world of difference...To see what Michael would have created visually on stage for the music on that album...it'd be a whole different ball of wax....I don't know...it's that magic factor...

^^ I agree about the tour, I think it would have made a world of difference...To see what Michael would have created visually on stage for the music on that album...it'd be a whole different ball of wax....I don't know...it's that magic factor...

Exactly what I mean Ark, Ty :D

Exactly what I mean Ark, Ty :D

I do see your point in that...for sure...:D...Even that IWT download you sent me gave it a bit more magic...so imagine what Michael could have done...:cheeky:....however, I still think that a lot of the songs are weak on the album...but it has grown on me...I never liked Don't Walk Away before, and then I listened to it on good headphones, and i was literally in heaven....his voice was like...omg, i can't describe it..and the melody just got right into me....I also love Privacy...i didn't before, but again, I was listening to it loud, and I think the strings and orchestration (I don't even know exactly what orchestration means, or it if it even describes what I'm saying; i could be talking out of my ass :D) on it are incredible, and his aggressive voice on it ...just wow....

Well, I feel part of the letdown happened when

1. There was only one music video for it because of the whole Sony issues.
2. There was no Tour because of 9/11.

If those things happen then I have a feeling you may not feel it was a let down..All of his previous albums had tons of great music videos and him Touring the world, which adds a whole new dimension to the album. I think that's where a major of the "let down" comes from IMO.

That could be true. However, Considering Thriller only had 3 Music Videos and no tour either, it still had more songs that had a lasting impact on me.

Off The Wall is my least favotire MJ album and it has more videos than Invincible.

I'm not exactly disappointed with Invincible, but I also know Michael Jackson could do better work in the same time frame as, evidently, some out takes sound more authentic to his quality than a lot of the released ones.

What disappointed the fans are two simple reasons:
A) The album was too long and, as a result, became redundant halfway through. Personally, I can't listen to this album in one sitting. I always find myself distracted after finishing Speechless (or better yet, 2000 watts), Contrary to his other albums sans Thriller and Off The Wall (for some odd reason 0_o) where I lose myself all the way through.
B) The musicality was slightly below Michael's standards. I really didn't appreciate the quasi-futuristic feel of the album and ended up loving the ballads FAR more.

I think this is where the problem really lies.

outtakes... Invincible is not a good album (for Michael's standards) :(

Back