If You Could Only Know...

Severus Snape

Proud Member
I just wanted to post this great poem by Emilie Autumn. I think it's absolutely beautiful. What do you guys think? It actually made me cry.

If you could only know
The hurt I feel each time I think of you.
You might begin to understand,
What makes a faerie cry.

You couldn't quite believe,
The reasons I would give,
If you asked to be told,
The nature of my tears.

And so I told you why...

If you could only know,
How many times each day,
I picture in my mind,
The look upon your face,
When you begin to laugh.

Or how your eyes look sad,
The softness of your hair,
The beauty of your soul.
And whatever I am,
You are the other half.

I cannot comprehend,
How I could recognize,
The one I've waited for,
The instant that we met,
And have known since that day.

While you are truly fond,
And care, I do believe.
But would not take the chance,
That alters suns and moons,
And gave your heart away.

If you could only know,
How precious you've become,
How all that I create,
You still inspire so.
You may begin to see...

That I might be the one,
For whom you were brought back.
But if you never know,
The chance will pass us by.

And love will never be.

Love it... Am a sucker for poetry, though I haven't written one in months, you have to be inspired and have a proper time for it..

Thanks for posting, Mikage. .. There's hope in it, ans it is fear. I suppose it defines your current state of mind/situation, too. .. Stay hopeful. ..

Last edited:
Love it... Am a sucker for poetry, though I haven't write one in months, you have to be inspired and have a proper time for it..

Thanks for posting, Mikage. .. There's hope in it, ans it is fear. I suppose it defines your current state of mind/situation, too. .. Stay hopeful. ..

Glad you like it. Emilie is certainly a very talented poet/songwriter.

I haven't written a poem in ages, now that I think of it. I reckon I should. Mind you, my poetry is nowhere near as good as Emilie's, but hey, it's an attempt. I never claimed to have a way with words, in any case.

As for my situation, well... I dunno about that! ^^;

It takes practice.. and a lot of heart, pain, or major excitement to have it blend in with the cerebrum's mechanical ways. .. And be sure to read some poems before deciding to write one, to follow that certain rhythm or flow needed. Listen to the heart - rather than the mind, try to curl up inside it and the thoughts will somehow come easier.. That's how it works for me, though, just sharing from my experience...

It takes practice.. and a lot of heart, pain, or major excitement to have it blend in with the cerebrum's mechanical ways. .. And be sure to read some poems before deciding to write one, to follow that certain rhythm or flow needed. Listen to the heart - rather than the mind, try to curl up inside it and the thoughts will somehow come easier.. That's how it works for me, though, just sharing from my experience...

I've written stuff before, I'm just not wanting to share it for several reasons. It's good to know your technique, though. You should post something sometime.

I've written stuff before, I'm just not wanting to share it for several reasons. It's good to know your technique, though. You should post something sometime.

I'm like you in this aspect... Only I don't really know what's really keeping me from posting. Maybe I will once one day.

I'm like you in this aspect... Only I don't really know what's really keeping me from posting. Maybe I will once one day.

You should. This is something I wrote some time ago:

There's a sparkle in his eyes,
Something that was not there before.
An intriguing glimmer mixed with palest blue.
A pupil dilates, taking in the light.

A playful smirk appears,
Cushioned by lips of palest pink.
The softness betrays the intentions.
The facade is now thoroughly discarded.

Coral takes over the cheeks,
Granting them a glow like the summer sun.
Too beautiful to touch,
Too beautiful to ignore.

Tenderest of glances,
Followed by a sudden wink.
I tremble at the sight,
And thus, I am conquered.
--

It's something I wrote some time ago, like I said. It's nowhere near my best work, but since it isn't too personal, I thought I'd share it.

You should. This is something I wrote some time ago:

There's a sparkle in his eyes,
Something that was not there before.
An intriguing glimmer mixed with palest blue.
A pupil dilates, taking in the light.

A playful smirk appears,
Cushioned by lips of palest pink.
The softness betrays the intentions.
The facade is now thoroughly discarded.

Coral takes over the cheeks,
Granting them a glow like the summer sun.
Too beautiful to touch,
Too beautiful to ignore.

Tenderest of glances,
Followed by a sudden wink.
I tremble at the sight,
And thus, I am conquered.
--

It's something I wrote some time ago, like I said. It's nowhere near my best work, but since it isn't too personal, I thought I'd share it.

From this, I get the feeling you love capturing and exploring the detail, its power and effect(s).. Nice. Won't claim to know whether you are favoring a style over another, since this is one poem only. I have some that focus on one aspect and seeing the beauty of the world in it. Or do I..? Lol, I have to review some and get back on that.

I like it. :) I think you'd do great in prose too.

From this, I get the feeling you love capturing and exploring the detail, its power and effect(s).. Nice. Won't claim to know whether you are favoring a style over another, since this is one poem only. I have some that focus on one aspect and seeing the beauty of the world in it. Or do I..? Lol, I have to review some and get back on that.

I like it. :) I think you'd do great in prose too.

I write a Hell of a lot of prose... it's poetry I tend to neglect. :p

I'd like to see some of your poems, though. Or anyone else's if they feel like sharing.

I write a Hell of a lot of prose... it's poetry I tend to neglect. :p

I could tell you've got practice in prose-writing by your posts. ^^ Look forward to reading your books one day, maybe of you establishing a new philosophical movement based on reason and logic.. and nothing but that. ^^

I could tell you've got practice in prose-writing by your posts. ^^ Look forward to reading your books one day, maybe of you establishing a new philosophical movement based on reason and logic.. and nothing but that. ^^

Thanks! I don't think I could write a book, though. Who knows, though? :p Maybe someday.

As for a philosophical movement based on reason and logic alone...I believe that's already been done. Drats!

As for a philosophical movement based on reason and logic alone...I believe that's already been done. Drats!

Knew you'd catch on that. ..^ But adding a unique twist to it could make you the postmodern-age Spinoza... or Nietzsche as well?. ^ Maybe even a little bit of Pascal?.. :p Can only hope. ^

But you could write a novel for sure. You're very young still, so very much to choose to learn from, that, if ambition prevails, you may become an acclaimed writer. However disputed. ^

Last edited:
Knew you'd catch on that. ..^ But adding a unique twist to it could make you the postmodern-age Spinoza... or Nietzsche as well?. ^ Maybe even a little bit of Pascal?.. :p Can only hope. ^

But you could write a novel for sure. You're very young still, so very much to choose to learn from, that, if ambition prevails, you may become an acclaimed writer. However disputed. ^

Indeed, although I don't fancy myself to be anything special like Nietzsche or Pascal. :p

The problem with me is that I don't think I would have the necessary focus to write a novel--perhaps a compilation of short stories would be possible. I would probably grow weary of a novel quickly enough--but who knows, perhaps you're right and I am wrong. ;)

The problem with me is that I don't think I would have the necessary focus to write a novel--perhaps a compilation of short stories would be possible. I would probably grow weary of a novel quickly enough--but who knows, perhaps you're right and I am wrong. ;)

That's my problem too... Always something intervening, not getting the necessary concentration... and time, first of.. I started writing about 70 something pages of a novel in 2005 and never finished it. I thought it was crap in the long end too. I remember now that I've got some maxims and reflections from around that time, but didn't do anything more than showing them to my former English teacher at the university, and from then on, all sort of just died down.. Won a couple of English poetry prizes, had 2 poems published in a book, and then I just stopped. I don't know, I'm lacking in courage, self-trust and determination also, but also by considering the country I'm coming from, which is not encouraging self-development, they're always sending you abroad for that somehow, and I've no desire of doing that just yet, I'd die of fear. ..

Yeah, writing a book is pretty dedicated work. Congratulations on your English poetry prizes, though!:)

Sorry I didn't reply earlier--I was under an emergency situation.

Back