If the "collaboration" with Timbaland.....

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
ends up being great would you be open to the idea of having Timbaland be the main producer for future posthumous albums?

I would like to see them experiment with different producers like Daft Punk

^^ if they decide to re-produce some of mikes earlier songs from OTW and even triumph then a Daft Punk collabo would be interesting. They got that disco late 70's vibe down to a T. :)

^^ if they decide to re-produce some of mikes earlier songs from OTW and even triumph then a Daft Punk collabo would be interesting. They got that disco late 70's vibe down to a T. :)

They could produce Sunset Driver

Last edited:
ive pretty high expectations, hopefully timbo is not dissapointing us.

for future projects:
- timbo & pharrell (if timbo does a good job)

Sunset Driver is perfect like it is. Just needs proper mixdown and mastering.
No need to touch this otherwise.

I'm hesitant to include Daft Punk on any release. Much of Michael's pre-Thriller material is very dancey and upbeat. Daft Punk can't seem to pull it off as great as he could. For instance, Lose Yourself to Dance is unbelievably boring to me. Same with Doin' it Right

As far as Timbaland goes, I wouldn't want him to be the main producer -- I want to see Neff-U take the helms a few more times -- but I would love to see him show up again.

I'm hesitant to include Daft Punk on any release. Much of Michael's pre-Thriller material is very dancey and upbeat. Daft Punk can't seem to pull it off as great as he could. For instance, Lose Yourself to Dance is unbelievably boring to me. Same with Doin' it Right

As far as Timbaland goes, I wouldn't want him to be the main producer -- I want to see Neff-U take the helms a few more times -- but I would love to see him show up again.

Have you heard Get Lucky?

Have you heard Get Lucky?

Indeed I have. That one is pretty good, but from their whole album, it's one of the few that actually makes you want to dance... of the songs that are intended to make you dance, I mean.

i think timbaland could do a good job, i just don't want them to include just the remixes.. i need the demo's :/

Last edited:
It might sound something like this lol:
https://soundcloud.com/frankyboy5/dress-on-justin-timberlake-ft

As for Daft Punk, I imagine MJ singing something like "Touch" although that was more of an experimental piece, so not so long obviously. He would put a lot of emotion into the verses Paul Williams sings, and I can imagine him doing the chorus chant at the end. (in fact Daft Punk's part on the vocoder did remind me a bit of MJ)

So much that I made a remix of the chant with MJ's vocals tuned:
https://soundcloud.com/frankyboy5/daft-punk-ft-michael-jackson

It might sound something like this lol:
https://soundcloud.com/frankyboy5/dress-on-justin-timberlake-ft

As for Daft Punk, I imagine MJ singing something like "Touch" although that was more of an experimental piece, so not so long obviously. He would put a lot of emotion into the verses Paul Williams sings, and I can imagine him doing the chorus chant at the end. (in fact Daft Punk's part on the vocoder did remind me a bit of MJ)

So much that I made a remix of the chant with MJ's vocals tuned:
https://soundcloud.com/frankyboy5/daft-punk-ft-michael-jackson

There are so many talented people on this board! This version you made is amazing. I can definitely hear Mike singing a tune like this. Where can i download this? :)

I just hope that when Timbaland records drop that he doesnt drown out the melodies with that awful beatboxing tempo and sound that he has used on all of Justin Timberlakes songs on his last 2 albums

I just hope that when Timbaland records drop that he doesnt drown out the melodies with that awful beatboxing tempo and sound that he has used on all of Justin Timberlakes songs on his last 2 albums

On the other hand, I hope he does! It's a Timbaland trademark. I can imagine his pride to 'collaborate' with MJ and express that.

Or not, if I want to hear Timbaland's interpretation of music I will buy his records. Pretty sure most fans just want to hear MJ's demos

Or not, if I want to hear Timbaland's interpretation of music I will buy his records. Pretty sure most fans just want to hear MJ's demos

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't mind if they only release the Timbaland reworked versions.

On the other hand, I hope he does! It's a Timbaland trademark. I can imagine his pride to 'collaborate' with MJ and express that.

But this is not a Timberland record, it's a Michael Jackson record, and I want these songs to sound like Michael Jackson songs and not Timberland songs with Michael Jackson vocals on them

But this is not a Timberland record, it's a Michael Jackson record, and I want these songs to sound like Michael Jackson songs and not Timberland songs with Michael Jackson vocals on them

Have patience my friend, wait till it gets out. Have faith in Timbo, I'm sure he'll surprise us all, in a positive way!

Back