If Michael performed "Remember The Time", "Rock With You", and "In The Closet" on the Dangerous Tour would it be live or lip synced?

GGC

Proud Member
All 3 of these songs were rehearsed for the Dangerous Tour but were cut out for different reasons. I've always been curious that If these were added into the setlist would they have been sung live or lip synced?

Here is the links to the rehearsal footage:

Oh, they were recreating the whole intro to Remember The Time? Interesting.

The concept of in the closet with Michael dancing with a girl would have been cool and new to see. But it would also mean it would be mimed. Rock with you would be live as usual and remember the time live also I think.

He did use his real voice and no or very little lip sync during the dangerous tour so i belive he would have used his real voice for maybe like Rock with You and Remember the Time but i dont really know about In the Closet it is a very hard song to sing and especially when your are moving crazy on the stage like he used to do.

Remember the Time and Rock With You would've been lipped with possible live adlibs at the end

In the Closet would've been lipped from start to finish with possible live speaking parts.

Rock with you live , it would make zero sense for him to lip sync it after his previous tours.

The other two lip synced. In the Closet is more of a studio song, I don't think a full live performance would have been that good, not really one to show off his vocals.

Rock With you definetly live especially if you have seen his performance of it in the 1992 rehearsals was amazing . The other two definetly lip synched . Especially In the Closet unless he had the backing singers do the chorus and he done the verses.

who knows

he lipsynced it in the history tour soooo
True but it was a half arsed attempt during a medley.

The usual standards, Beat it, Billie Jean were also lip synced. Heck if he could lip synced the J5 medley he would have prob done it during HIStory.

I think Rock With You would have been live, maybe without the long note at the end.

Remember The Time, would have been lipsynced with live adlibs at the end, similar to Smooth Criminal on the Bad Tour

In The Closet probably would have been lipsynced, that's a really tricky song to nail live

As of my last knowledge update, 'Remember The Time' would have been lip-synced during the Dangerous Tour.

Dancer Eddie Garcia (one of the background dancers of the Dangerous Tour) spoke about that.

Eddie Garcia revealed that after the full-dress rehearsals, Michael Jackson approached his team and he told them that he found the 'Remember The Time' rehearsal too gruelling on him (physically and vocally).

This means that it would have been impossible for Michael Jackson to sing live that song during the Dangerous Tour, especially if he kept that performance for a long period of time throughout the tour.

MJ performed Remember the time lip-synced when he was setting on a chair, so I don't imagine him performing it live when moving.

Eddie Garcia revealed that after the full-dress rehearsals, Michael Jackson approached his team and he told them that he found the 'Remember The Time' rehearsal too gruelling on him (physically and vocally).

I remember it, but it never made sense to me having Working Day And Night on the list. A longer, extended song, with 100% live voices, and not at all quiet. In that song, he moves around the stage even more than in Remember The Time.
It would have been nice already in 1992, to replace a song from 1979 with one of the latest

I remember it, but it never made sense to me having Working Day And Night on the list. A longer, extended song, with 100% live voices, and not at all quiet. In that song, he moves around the stage even more than in Remember The Time.
It would have been nice already in 1992, to replace a song from 1979 with one of the latest
Michael Jackson apparently feared that it would be also too risky for him to perform the 'Remember The Time' dance moves during the Dangerous Tour.

Note that he severely twisted his ankle while rehearsing those dance moves for the 1993 Soul Train Music Awards, which made him later perform the song while sitting on a chair for that Awards Show.

He was even seen walking on crutches on certain public occasions in the following days (after that accident).

don't think so. On the Dangerous he sung all the old (pre Bad era) stuff live. It was only the new stuff he was lip syncing. Don't disrespect the Dangerous tour as if we was talking about the History lmao
The main question is why though. Was he not confident to sing these songs live? Was it too demanding for his voice to specifically sing these songs live? There is clearly a reason for it but as with everything regarding Mike we can only guess.

don't think so. On the Dangerous he sung all the old (pre Bad era) stuff live. It was only the new stuff he was lip syncing. Don't disrespect the Dangerous tour as if we was talking about the History lmao
The only performance of Remember the Time he ever did had him sitting on chair the whole performance.... and he was lip syncing.

In the Closet is a Dangerous song so he would've lip synced that one too according to your logic. And I throw Rock With You in yes because of History Tour. But rewatch the Dangerous Tour, he lip syncs just as much as History Tour.

I see no problem with that. He slayed. I am not mad about lip syncing. He would've done that on tour. Yes I know he's singing live in rehearsals.

I posted this in another thread, so I'm just gonna repeat it here:

𓅓𓇋𓎡𓃭 𓆓𓎡𓋴𓈖

It's Michael Jackson written in hieroglyphs.

I'm glad we have the dangerous tour rehearsals because it shows MJ could still perform these songs live. I think he would have performed rock with you live, remember the time (mixed playback with live ad-libs), same for in the closet.
But this was for only 1 time (during those rehearsals).

Being able to perform these songs live (for months) during the Dangerous Tour is a totally different story.

As much as I really love Michael's live vocals (especially over lip synced) I think it fair to say that by the 90's he wasnt the best live singer.

His voice on tour had really deteriorated.

**waits for the he had laryngitis stans to come beat me with a stick**

Just watched the DWT rehearsal of RWY and really enjoyed it. It took me back to the BAD tour and I could picture MJ on stage. (Not so sure in his gold leotard) ha

Back