If Michael didn’t die before this is it do you think he would still be performing live

No I don't think so, this is it was supposed to be his last tour.
I think he just wanted to focus on being a father after that tour.
Keep in mind, he was 50 during this time and if he were alive today he would be 65 turning 66 next month.

No, he had severe sleep problems and it would be worse on a tour .And people would expect he would be dancing as he did when he was young even if he was 60.

No I don't think so, this is it was supposed to be his last tour.
I think he just wanted to focus on being a father after that tour.
Keep in mind, he was 50 during this time and if he were alive today he would be 65 turning 66 next month.
Michael Jackson's age is irrelevant in this regard.

He was not too old at that time (in 2009), and he would not have been too old even nowadays (in terms of performing and dancing).

For example, James Brown kept performing and dancing vigorously in his '70s.

Or, Madonna, who is now 65, she still performs and dances (during her The Celebration Tour).

In terms of performing and dancing, the problems with Michael Jackson were certain health issues (such as, his chronic insomnia, his drug addiction, his psychological issues).

For instance, regarding his psychological issues, Karen Faye stated that Michael Jackson revealed to her (in 2009) that he found it very difficult to perform again knowing that people think that he was a child molester.

Michael Jackson's age is irrelevant in this regard.

He was not too old at that time (in 2009), and he would not have been too old even nowadays (in terms of performing and dancing).

Or, Madonna, who is now 65, she still performs and dances (during her The Celebration Tour).

In terms of performing and dancing, the problems with Michael Jackson were certain health issues (such as, his chronic insomnia, his drug addiction, his psychological issues).

For instance, regarding his psychological issues, Karen Faye stated that Michael Jackson revealed to her (in 2009) that he found it very difficult to perform again knowing that people think that he was a child molester.
This!!💯💯💯💯💯💯

But when you are a performer creativity doesn't just switch off does it? I think he would be doing many things, but i think moreso in film production/ behind those scenes ~ and maybe even with Bigi? 🤷‍♀️

It was very evident that before his death, Michael struggled with day to day life and was literally in a world of his own.

There was flashes of the old Michael of course but a 50 year old MJ was mentally broken. He needed a long rehab stint in my opinion.

With the increasing pressure show number 1 coming up, it makes you question if he would have been mentally capable of getting through an entire show without mistakes or extreme fatigue.

Michael needed serious help to get rid of his demons before even considering doing live performances.

I don't think so. But if (And it's a big if) he did continue to perform I'd like to imagine that he'd focus more on singing and less on dancing as he got older.

Yes he was performing but not really dancing anymore. I saw a couple of his later shows on youtube

It didn’t seem to stop him in 95/96/99 or 2001

He would probably make a surprise appearance on stage with someone here and there, but I think he would be pretty much retired. And it would be a much deserved one, too.

If he lived, he would for sure retire and I mean really throw in the towel. I know Michael said along the lines he would retire a couple of times but TII would've for sure been his last. He had to do TII or else. After the tour, he would probably live out the public eye permanently in an undisclosed location. He would probably live like Sade today or one of those artists who very unseen and they do like a special brief video stream update for their anniversaries every 10 years. Living seperate from his children once they grow up and they fly to him under different names and disguises every season. Of course, he's a creative person so he would've probably collaborated on some specials, movies, documentaries and liner notes with his people over email in secret, something like that.

If he lived, his voice would’ve grown richer and matured into a lower tenor / high baritone after high tenor / light tenor in his prime and full lyric tenor in 2000s.

No. I don't think he'd have even done the This is it performances in their entirety had he lived.

Back