If, like me, you've had that unconsolable feeling, this story may help a teenie bit

SoS

Proud Member
Donations
$15.00
... and so its the 4th of July and a DJ friend is doing a gig at a new club, so I get all excited that its gonna be Michaelmania plus holiday energy in the club and I get to recording a bunch of songs for my DJ friend who is not particularly an expert on MJ music (i know right lol) I mean he's got like 10 songs and said with assurance, "this is plenty enough" and so, I get into a bit of an argument with him telling him that MJ fans are going to come out of the woodwork and its best to be prepared for some unpredictable requests and I get to making him a CD with every worthwhile, non-radio- played MJ song ever recorded.

Ok, so on the way to the club I stop at the store and see this super cool MJ tee shirt among a zillion other cool MJ tee shirts but this one in particularly I had to have. So of course I wear the tee to the club, because in my mind, everyone and their grandmother will be wearing an MJ tee, I just hope no one has my same one, is all I was thinking.

So we get to the club, and during the course of the entire night, NOT ONE person is wearing an MJ tee shirt, and not only that, (you will never believe this - I really did not myself and i was there!) nobody but NOBODY danced to MJ music - not only that - when the DJ was on a roll with some junk people were dancing to, he tossed on Working Day and Night and do you know, everyone LEFT the dancefloor? :scratch: I just couldn't believe it.

So after 5 hours of waiting for my DJ friend, and dancing to all the junk as best I could (there was NO rythem within me, NONE and that was a sad state of affairs) at the end of the night, the DJ played the final piece of garbage for the evening and everybody began leaving the club when the club owner turned on the lights.

The DJ bid everyone a nice night and as a parting song he played, "Another Part of Me". Since that song makes me lose my mind I did just that and danced like there was no tomorrow.

I felt a hand on my shoulder interrupting the dance and it was a young man smiling at me. He said in a beautiful accent, "you love Michael Jackson?" and I said, "yes" and he beamed a bright smile and said, "oh me too, where I come from he is most beloved in every part of Africa." I beamed and felt that "not alone" feeling of consolation and I said, "well, let's have an old fashioned MJ hug then!" and we hugged.

We exchanged numbers and now we're gonna be pals. Inn't that sweet. Oh well, it was comforting. :blush:
I know its not much but I couldn't not tell it as I just got in from the club so ... so yeah.

Last edited:
Aaw that's so sweet! These people out there were nuts...for not dancing to MJ.
Here in The Netherlands I've only experienced nice things, such at last night at Sensation (a huge dance/trance-festival in Amsterdam where were about 30.000 people) they played Billie Jean all of a sudden, and I hadn't heard them scream yet, but now everyone was screaming and singing and there was a huge MJ 'shadow' of one of his poses on a white huge blanket that came from the cealing.
Lovely!

aaaw that was amazing and sad at the same time to read :(. I loved your story and that you have a MJ fan as a friend now! thanks for sharing !

WTF People NOT dancing to MJ music? What is the matter with people!?!?

... and so its the 4th of July and a DJ friend is doing a gig at a new club, so I get all excited that its gonna be Michaelmania plus holiday energy in the club and I get to recording a bunch of songs for my DJ friend who is not particularly an expert on MJ music (i know right lol) I mean he's got like 10 songs and said with assurance, "this is plenty enough" and so, I get into a bit of an argument with him telling him that MJ fans are going to come out of the woodwork and its best to be prepared for some unpredictable requests and I get to making him a CD with every worthwhile, non-radio- played MJ song ever recorded.

Ok, so on the way to the club I stop at the store and see this super cool MJ tee shirt among a zillion other cool MJ tee shirts but this one in particularly I had to have. So of course I wear the tee to the club, because in my mind, everyone and their grandmother will be wearing an MJ tee, I just hope no one has my same one, is all I was thinking.

So we get to the club, and during the course of the entire night, NOT ONE person is wearing an MJ tee shirt, and not only that, (you will never believe this - I really did not myself and i was there!) nobody but NOBODY danced to MJ music - not only that - when the DJ was on a roll with some junk people were dancing to, he tossed on Working Day and Night and do you know, everyone LEFT the dancefloor? :scratch: I just couldn't believe it.

So after 5 hours of waiting for my DJ friend, and dancing to all the junk as best I could (there was NO rythem within me, NONE and that was a sad state of affairs) at the end of the night, the DJ played the final piece of garbage for the evening and everybody began leaving the club when the club owner turned on the lights.

The DJ bid everyone a nice night and as a parting song he played, "Another Part of Me". Since that song makes me lose my mind I did just that and danced like there was no tomorrow.

I felt a hand on my shoulder interrupting the dance and it was a young man smiling at me. He said in a beautiful accent, "you love Michael Jackson?" and I said, "yes" and he beamed a bright smile and said, "oh me too, where I come from he is most beloved in every part of Africa." I beamed and felt that "not alone" feeling of consolation and I said, "well, let's have an old fashioned MJ hug then!" and we hugged.

We exchanged numbers and now we're gonna be pals. Inn't that sweet. Oh well, it was comforting. :blush:
I know its not much but I couldn't not tell it as I just got in from the club so ... so yeah.

So that is where you were when I was trying to get a hold of you...lol....:D....that was a sweet story....and a :( for people not dancing to mj ...they must be nuts......

^ yep that's where I was last night (tried to call u from there but u were out of pocket - just got you v/m so now I know lol sorry everybody) . I appreciate everyone enjoying my sharing. I just couldn't believe it at all because the rest of the city seemed to be getting their MJ on HARD.

The next door neighbors played ALL MJ Friday night and all day Saturday afternoon and I went outside and listened every chance I got :giggle:.

This club wasn't even IN the hood but it apparently attracts 'hoodrats' sorry ... they only like that truly nasty stuff and that awful so-called music with no melody, no rythem and hardly any beat - it was torture. I'm glad you all were here for me to run to! lol MJ is going to be more missed than he could have ever known. I believe in due time, he's going to be receiving more and more props for the real music that's more and more becoming a thing of the past.

Back