If i was MJ i would have worked on Invincible comeback tour

GOLDSPACESUIT45

Proud Member
I would have loved of MJ had said : "I want to sing the songs from the invincible album on a new tour or make new short /music videos cause i never got to do that back in 2001-2002.." Do you think MJ could have done this even if it never happen back in 2001..2002? What do you think?

Interesting topic, i love invincible and the whole thing about it not being successful is kind of rubbish, maybe compared to thriller it wasn't that big but for any other artist it was huge, no.1 in countries and sold 16 million copies.

Wikipedia"The album was a commercial success; peaking at number one in eleven territories worldwide, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, France and Switzerland. Invincible charted within the top ten in six other territories.

Anyway back to the piont, yeah it would have been brilliant if he had toured the album, i would have loved to see him doing an invincible tour and only play invincible songs, the whole album start to finish.

SPACESUIT, you're beginning to sound an awful lot like Texasmjfan from the old MJNO fansite. Dude used to start 5 different threads a day all in the form of weird ass questions.
Is that you Texas?

MJ was obviously planning on a few subtle nods to Invincible on the TII shows. You have the little acapella part of Speechless, the Thriller/Ghosts/Threatened medley and even the Break O Dawn club in the Smooth Criminal Dome Project video.

It would've been cool for him to perform a whole number from the album but you have to remember, if the shows had actually gone ahead, chances are a good majority of the audience wouldn't know any Invincible tracks other than maybe YRMW.

There is like 10 threads about this comeback thing. Close, please. I'm getting confused..

It depends. I don't think it's necessary to work with any tours if your record company doesn't support it with promoting the album in the first place...

They're were plans for an Invincible tour But when 9/11 happened the idea was scratched

Yeah and on the same time the fight between MJ and Sony actually ended all the promotion for Invincible, therefore there were only videos for You Rock My World and Cry. It was really a shame, because there are so many great songs at that album! Especially Unbreakable... Would love to see a video for that one!

i don't think any of us could ever be MJ, and know what he would do. when i consider the things he went through, and continues to go through,(even though, he's gone) from non surprising, and the most surprising of places(and that's what i think i know he went through. let alone what i don't know)we can't possibly know. but there's no doubt. Invincible is full of great great music. and i think a lot more fans know it, than we might give credit.

Last edited:
I thought about that once, but I realized that by 2009, Michale's Invincible had really become a relic of the past. An 8-year old album that was successful, had two short films, and a few promotional performances like the 30th anniversary concert. I think MJ was proud of it and had no desire to go back and try to play with it. He was always looking forward to the future and creating new music and innovating. It's very easy to get carried away and think about what could have been. But truth is, what could have been is exactly what was and nothing else. If that sounds confusing, basically everything happens the exact why it's meant to happen and in MJ's case although there were many ups and downs his legacy in retrospect, including Invincible, has been a phenomenal success.

MJ was planning on going on going on tour in 2001.. this according to Michael Durham Prince who was the audio supervisor for the TII concerts

In the second disc of the TII-DVD he says that MJ was gonna tour in 2001 but he and many other artists that were gonna tour that year cancelled their shows due to 9/11.

Last edited:
MJ was planning on going on going on tour in 2001.. this according to Michael Durham Prince who was the audio supervisor for the TII concerts

In the second disc of the TII-DVD he says that MJ was gonna tour in 2001 but he and many other artists that were gonna tour that year cancelled their shows due to 9/11.

i saw that too.. but for some reason i dont believe an 'invincible tour' was ever really thought much of back in '01-'02... i think mj's confession of his "love" for touring in private home movies was enough to realize he didnt even think twice about it..

but i think even if there was an 'invincible tour' he wouldve only played very few songs from invincible.. kinda like he did with the dangerous tour..

-unbreakable
-you rock my world
-speechless
-cry
-threatened (maybe!)

-Dal

Good idea, we all know how much MJ "loves to tour".

Lmao! I agree with what someone else posted, that ship had sailed. It's a shame he didn't do an Invincible tour but I think doing it years after it had been released would have seemed a bit strange. I'm not sure why he didn't do it at the time of it's release, perhaps he didn't feel up to it.

why did they cancel their tours because of 911? how are the too related

The world was a scary place post-9/11. The next terrorist attack could have been anywhere with a large gathering a people, including a music concert.

Anyway, Michael was looking extremely haggard in 2001. Take the 30th Anniversary Concerts for example. I can't imagine Michael doing a whole tour in such a bad physical state.

The world was a scary place post-9/11. The next terrorist attack could have been anywhere with a large gathering a people, including a music concert.

Anyway, Michael was looking extremely haggard in 2001. Take the 30th Anniversary Concerts for example. I can't imagine Michael doing a whole tour in such a bad physical state.

I agree with the part of your post about the attacks..but..what I dont agree with was Michael's physical state...I think he looked just fine..his vocals were amazing also..so please explain what you mean...maybe I have forgot something.

also have you forgotten this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2nTSbHfJvk

to me Michael is the epitome of perfection ....Love that Billiejean...:love:

Last edited:
I agree with the part of your post about the attacks..but..what I dont agree with was Michael's physical state...I think he looked just fine..his vocals were amazing also..so please explain what you mean...maybe I have forgot something.

also have you forgotten this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2nTSbHfJvk

Michael+Jackson+Hospitalized+MrIlIWYYX8Ml.jpg

He looks completely stuffed there. Of course he could be bored out of his mind too but it looks more like exhaustion. 2002 and early 2003 were better times for him. There were to be videos for Invincible, more than what was released. Threatened was to have rocks falling from the sky just like The Twilight Zone and I'd say Unbreakable would have had one too.

He looks tired during the whole concert.

yes I agree he does look so very tired. He was so on point with everything....he did it all for us. I miss him so much....I miss seeing him do what I know he could do....it was always perfection....I loved him for that...I love him for may reasons....sorry I get weepy thinking about Michael and his brilliant talent..he had so much for to do..:boohoo:

yes I agree he does look so very tired. He was so on point with everything....he did it all for us. I miss him so much....I miss seeing him do what I know he could do....it was always perfection....I loved him for that...I love him for may reasons....sorry I get weepy thinking about Michael and his brilliant talent..he had so much for to do..:boohoo:

That's it. Worked himself to death to be appreciated - so sad. He honestly needed to take a ten-year break without any crap, no tours, no shows, no interviews, nothing - save an album that he worked on by himself - and he might still be here.

As much as I sometimes diss on him for his decisions (Invincible, TII, the re-releases, going out looking like a complete tool, doing a documentary which got him nowhere), he really did overwork himself and unfortunately and sadly led to an early death - he should have been here deciding for his future career. Although had he not died before the shows, I fear he may have passed away doing an actual show; the first one.

There was so much potential there which just went to waste - he could have given up performing and recording (although I'm not sure if recording could have been given up by him because he liked it, or so he said) and gone into movie directing or something. A real shame - a talent lost too early. It always happens.

Back