If anyone has any doubts about MJ's message still being relevant...

J5master

Proud Member
Well, I'm working on this project about Michael - and in doing so, I decided to rewatch Earth Song after not seeing it in a while. And as it did in the past, the video really spoke to me - got me teary eyes and everything, especially given the times we're living in now.

And I decided to venture into the comments of the video and to my surprise found many feeling the same way, and in the last week or so there are a ton of comments discussing the video and how STRONG this message is, even today...probably even stronger today, and it was made 2 decades ago (geez thats so crazy for me to think about- god, time goes by fast). I'm not sure if MJ fans are taking over the comments section lol ...but reading some of the comments just broke my heart - for better or worse, people are having a dialogue about how messed up things are in this world. War going on, planes getting shot down, refugees desperate for a place to stay, on top of everything else thats constantly plaguing this world. Watching the video and reading the comments - its like a double whammy of sadness. Sadness because of the message and the situation this world is currently in, and sadness because MJ was so ahead of his time - his message was so powerful and I miss him terribly.

Just thought I'd share. I wish people paid attention when he was alive. But I guess better late than never. Still, it definitely has me fired up to really put the song and lyrics into tangible action, but as with all things like that - most people see and hear this and think solving these problems are a lost cause. It was not too long ago that I felt the same way. Most of the time when we allow ourselves to think this way, it leads to apathy. And I believe apathy will be the fatal shot against this planet, I really do.

Last edited:
Back