Ideas about MJ documentary

MIST

Proud Member
I want a documentary about Michaels work,art, humantarian efforts.
Studiomusicians can tell their stories,Michael Bush talk about clothes, showing some interesting details in the clothes and about Michael´s ideas.etc
Kenny Ortega can tell stories about how they worked together and also stories when they visited orphanage.
There should be a story about Neverland, some nice people who worked there telling stories how very sick children could come there and Michael made special places for them, that he allowed fans to come to the amusementpark and everything was for free

Yes....A documentary that will reveal the human side of Michael. Everybody knows the artist Jackson but none of them knows the man Michael...I think that is time to learn the people who Michael is.

Yes, I think documentary is good idea instead of biography.
The estate was thinking doing movie bio, but ditched the idea later, but documentary would be ideal.
If they did a biography, people would accuse them trying to gloss over certain things of Michael's life or something like that, but with document when they have actual footage, none can accuse them glossing over anything.

Everything that we want to see in documentary, it got to be many hours long:)

I want people Michael worked with in the studio with HIStory album to tell their stories about how Michael changed when LMP came into the room, that they saw 2 people in love.
I know LMP isn´t popular among fans but I want people to know he married her because he loved her and wanted a family and not because it looked good for him.

I forgot to mention choreographers and Seth Riggs.
Veterinarians who cared for his animals.

I wish there were footage from when Michael sang Smile together with a symhony orchestra
Michael worked with some songs for years and it would be interesting to follow it, to listen how the songs developed.

I want a PROPER documentary about the allegations against Michael, exposing the Chandlers and the Arvizos. I want it to be well-researched, bullet proof. It can be done. All the material is out there to do it. The question is only if a documentarist will ever take the risk. Probably not any time soon and I know it may stir things up the way the Estate doesn't really want (at least for now), but the truth needs to be told. If not in the near future, I hope some time later.

It would be brilliant to have a proper documentary like that where everyone can see what he was really like, how we know him, especially his funny and playful side, i would love to see that shown well on tv to people because people who arent fans have no idea about it, and watching videos of him for so long i still crack up at his funny moments, the guy was hillarious! And its frustrating when people make comments and you just think, you really have no idea what youre talking about do you?

I want a PROPER documentary about the allegations against Michael, exposing the Chandlers and the Arvizos. I want it to be well-researched, bullet proof. It can be done. All the material is out there to do it. The question is only if a documentarist will ever take the risk. Probably not any time soon and I know it may stir things up the way the Estate doesn't really want (at least for now), but the truth needs to be told. If not in the near future, I hope some time later.

This is also a great idea, maybe if it gets cleared up people will just forget about it, whenever he is mentioned you find those allegations pop up somewhere, every single time. Do you think if people finally were told the truth, everything, that it would go away? I would hope so

I thought about the allegations too and I think it should be in a documentary of it´s own.
Maybe Jordan Chandler gets children and they start to ask questions when they see a documentary,

First I want people to see him as we see him, nice, funny,generous, a musical genious.
A man who worked hard with his art.
I don´t expect people to become fans and love him, but I want them to think of him as a nice man.

Maybe the female singer from Ireland could tell her story about how she met Michael in Oman and he told jokes, I don´t remember if she said they were naughty.
It would help fans who thought he spent his last four years crying

I'd love for the estate to do a documentary that documents his life but instead of relying mostly on folks who knew him to tell his story, use the tapes Michael left behind like the ones that his ghostwriter had or when he'd record his thoughts to narrate his own story

In the Neverland part they could make interviews with some who came there as children and had contact with Michael when they became adults too.
Both children who were sick and those who were healthy then.
They should talk to parents whose children were sick and got healthy and some who lost their children
What did it mean to the very sick children to come to Neverland and meet Michael?
Someone from Ryan Whites family for example.
Then they could show Michael when he told Bill Clinton he had to do something about AIDS -problem and then performed Gone to soon.
If Ryan Whites mother still is alive she can read the poem Michael wrote about him.

mj_brainiac;3774863 said:
I'd love for the estate to do a documentary that documents his life but instead of relying mostly on folks who knew him to tell his story, use the tapes Michael left behind like the ones that his ghostwriter had or when he'd record his thoughts to narrate his own story

They could talk about Heal The World foundation and add Michael´s oxford speech.
They can add other speeches too and some videos where he and children have fun.

The problem is: how do you convince people to watch a documentary? When it was something Michael himself participated it, like "This Is It", or "Living with Michael Jackson," millions of people flocked to watch it, even if it was a crappy documentary. But nobody's interested in listening to some unknown talking heads.

There has been a gazillion of documentaries about MJ, many of them good - all of them buried and forgotten somewhere on youtube now. Even fans haven't seen most of them. For example, there is a very good documentary "A Remarkable Life" that features many people who worked with Michael, from childhood to later years, including Forger and Bottrell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceHeW3ZMVLk&wide=1 How many people have seen it?

The estate put a lot of effort in "Bad 25" promotion, and I think it still hasn't got much exposure among general public. It helped that they used Michael's unreleased footage in it, but there was not enough of it. It'll be interesting to see how well the DVD sells.

What could be a success is a release of some sort of auto-biographical film based on Moonwalk and/or Shmuley tapes, like Cobain's "About a Son". But "About a Son" was released 12 years after Cobain's death. Maybe Michael's time will come too.

Last edited:
It was a documentary that made me a massive fan when i was very young, I watched it with my mum and dad one night, I wouldnt be able to tell you which one though because it was probably around 15 years ago or more. But i was absolutely amazed by what i saw, and have been a massive fan ever since

Morinen, i like that documentary, i have it on dvd, thankyou for reminding me about it :)

Last night I watched Queen's Magic years - Visual Anthology, I think it is on youtube if you want to check it
I thought it was great way to do documentary. If they do a documentary like that of MJ, they should concentrate only how MJ's musically and artistically developed through the years, showing clips of his tours, some interviews from people who was around those concerts and in studio with him.

That kind of document is one option, but I'm sure there is going to be many more docs, some good, some bad.

Back